Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

"Give me blood, I will give you freedom" it's one of the most influencing one I have ever heard.

Who said when ? and why ? grinning

@usha manohar we all know who made the above mentioned quote but your question is apt for the man who is popularly known for his wit among this writing community. Well, thanks to @suni51 who reminded us one of the most spirited statements ever made during the freedom struggle of India. .  

And then compare it with this one "Present your left cheek if someone hits on your right". The choice is your's but I would rather hit harder than doing so. This policy has taken us to the list of cowards.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

"Give me blood, I will give you freedom" it's one of the most influencing one I have ever heard.

@usha manohar we all know who made the above mentioned quote but your question is apt for the man who is popularly known for his wit among this writing community. Well, thanks to @suni51 who reminded us one of the most spirited statements ever made during the freedom struggle of India. .  

And then compare it with this one "Present your left cheek if someone hits on your right". The choice is your's but I would rather hit harder than doing so. This policy has taken us to the list of cowards.

I agree , I would rather give back two ...but just for argument sake there are lots of old timers who feel that Independence was won through non violence and not through revolt led by Bhagat Singh and others

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51, Shampa Sadhya

Each one their own. I do not see we got it only because someone wanted to fight Britishers with AHIMSA but each of those facts contributed besides British were pressed hard to end their rule in most countries. China also got her liberation in 1949 there was no ahimsa movement in China.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I too  had to refresh my memory grinning You know you have read it but I am still not sure who said this 

@ Sunil, I agree with you that freedom was a mass movement but it is just one political organisation that takes all the credit for it.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose said it "Tum mujhe Khoon Do Me tumhe Azadi Dunga"

Thank you said by: usha manohar

There are a number of favorites that I have from both movies and books, but the most memorable one and hard to forget is the quote “I’m having an old friend for dinner”  from the movie - The Silence of the Lambs at the end of the movie. The way it is said by Sir Anthony Hopkins literally sends shivers down your spine! 

Another quote that I really like is “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view … until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” from the book - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. There is so much truth in this simple sentence....yet we fail to see it.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I like Aram haram hai and swadesh Hama janm siddh adhikar. 

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

There are a number of favorites that I have from both movies and books, but the most memorable one and hard to forget is the quote “I’m having an old friend for dinner”  from the movie - The Silence of the Lambs at the end of the movie. The way it is said by Sir Anthony Hopkins literally sends shivers down your spine! 

Another quote that I really like is “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view … until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” from the book - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. There is so much truth in this simple sentence....yet we fail to see it.

I too remember those lines from Silence of the Lambs which was a chilling film in every respect. Similarly To kill a ...is a classic. I have been looking for the film made in the sixties or early seventies, which I am told was excellent ..In fact one of John Grisham's novels ;The Confession' deals with the same subject .

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I too  had to refresh my memory grinning You know you have read it but I am still not sure who said this 

@ Sunil, I agree with you that freedom was a mass movement but it is just one political organisation that takes all the credit for it.

Well, it is okay to get confused at times and it is not at all a big deal for you to find out the real answer. It was Subhash Bose who made this statement but the main point is I felt, you were being witty because @ suni51 makes every discussion quite humorous. 

shampasaid

There are some extremely humorous and witty comments that we come across in books . I am quoting one from Agatha Christie in one of her novels ' The mysterious affairs at styles' 

' Instinct is a marvelous thing, it can neither be explained not ignored '

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.