Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:

In today's world when there is a mad rush to have trophy kids, parents somewhere kick childhood and it's joys. Here I feel following quote is very relevant. It is by Einstein

"If you want your children to be intelligent read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales"

Splendid! Yes, we all are responsible for ruining the childhood of our children. You know, it's not that parents are not aware of the pressure that gets created upon their children but it is the education system and the experiments with it has completely made a mess of the life of the school students. Fairy tales are truly good for the children.   

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

In today's world when there is a mad rush to have trophy kids, parents somewhere kick childhood and it's joys. Here I feel following quote is very relevant. It is by Einstein

"If you want your children to be intelligent read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales"

Splendid! Yes, we all are responsible for ruining the childhood of our children. You know, it's not that parents are not aware of the pressure that gets created upon their children but it is the education system and the experiments with it has completely made a mess of the life of the school students. Fairy tales are truly good for the children.   

I feel it is also the Mish mash of various influences that is circulating in our society , that bombard the middle class parents who want to try everything possible other than what is actually required for a wholesome personality building.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Here is another one in line for our children. Said by Madam Montessori..

" The best is just good enough for the child"

This one is like my working mantra for children whom I come across....the best words, best materials, best lesson plan and the best feeling about ourselves

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar

The epic Mahabharat is a treasure house of knowledge and wisdom ..the other day I was pleasantly surprised when my son living in the US quoted something from it while we were discussing some issue.

" We need to understand that truth is relative, it is defined by context and motive .It encouraged the noblest of men - Yudhishtira, Arjuna and Lord Krishna himself - to lie, so that a greater truth may be served..."

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

The epic Mahabharat is a treasure house of knowledge and wisdom ..the other day I was pleasantly surprised when my son living in the US quoted something from it while we were discussing some issue.

" We need to understand that truth is relative, it is defined by context and motive .It encouraged the noblest of men - Yudhishtira, Arjuna and Lord Krishna himself - to lie, so that a greater truth may be served..."

Very relevant across all ages and all times. A timeless wisdom.

As we talk of relative context it reminds me of a line from the book " Fault in our Stars". 

" Some infinity are greater than other infinities

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

As we talk of relative context it reminds me of a line from the book " Fault in our Stars". 

I have not read the book but I saw the movie Fault in our Stars , which was so touching and that is a great quote when you analyse its deeper meaning..

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I have not read the book but I saw the movie Fault in our Stars , which was so touching and that is a great quote when you analyse its deeper meaning..

A beautiful movie that did justice to equally beautiful book.

Another one on a funny side..." I try not to think. It interferes with being nuts..".By Leo Valdez. My teenage girl hangs it in her room.

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Another one on a funny side..." I try not to think. It interferes with being nuts..".By Leo Valdez. My teenage girl hangs it in her room.

Another funny quote I came across in one of the recent novels I read ... " How can you make sure you never miss the target ? Shoot first, and whatever you hit , call it thee target "..

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Another funny quote I came across in one of the recent novels I read ... " How can you make sure you never miss the target ? Shoot first, and whatever you hit , call it thee target "..

Good one !!

Another quote from one of the novels..

"No one is ever the villain of their own story"

Loved these lines by Rabindranath Tagore on patriotism:

"Patriotism cannot be our final spiritual shelter, my refuge is humanity. I will not buy glass for the price of diamonds, and I will never allow patriotism to triumph over humanity as long as I live."  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.