Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Loved these lines by Rabindranath Tagore on patriotism:

"Patriotism cannot be our final spiritual shelter, my refuge is humanity. I will not buy glass for the price of diamonds, and I will never allow patriotism to triumph over humanity as long as I live."  

It is indeed beautiful, I agree that humanity overrides everything else. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

There is no substitute for humanity. Alas! People like Tagore are gradually becoming extinct. It is an unfortunate time for the humankind. Those who talk about patriotism and kill people in its name forget the fact that one day nobody will be left behind to express love for their own country. It seems we are heading towards it.   

shampasaid

Patriotism is the egg from which wars are hatched. This is said by a famous writer whose name I am not able to recall. In the larger context of humanity it is indeed a very true statement.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
vijay wrote:

Patriotism is the egg from which wars are hatched. This is said by a famous writer whose name I am not able to recall. In the larger context of humanity it is indeed a very true statement.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/106933-patriotism-is-a-kind-of-religion-it-is-the-egg

When people lose their perspective and become blind in their devotion to the point where they are unable to distinguish between right and wrong...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: vijay

The true patriots would keep their eyes, ear and mind open before reaching a conclusion, thereafter would decide an action. Unfortunately, such patriots are no more to be found. Now, there are blind supporters all around and thus, nasty actions take place for no reason at all. Humanity is basically missing these days.   

shampasaid

Revenge is now being passed off as patriotism

I like these two quotes very much.

COMMON SENSE IS NOT SO COMMON ( I think this is by Voltaire)

LAUGH, IF YOU ARE WISE - Mertial

LAUGH, IF YOU ARE WISE.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

This is something I came across and liked because it is true of most of us..

One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.

I have once read a Quotation in front of the King & Cardinal Pastry House while I was coming back from my Institution which was on Sachin on his Birthday. It read thus:-

"When time was having its toll on every individual on this planet, it seems to have excused one man, time stands frozen in front of Sachin Tendulkar. We have seen many legends & many great cricketers, but we will never have another Sachin Tendulkar."

I read this 2 or 3 times standing there & left, but I could remember it as it was so impressing on the mind.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

I happened to come across my favorite book in the library last week, "Three Men in a Boat" by Jerome K. Jerome. Although I read it many years ago, reading it again was quite a pleasant change and I understood it more than when I first read it. The typical British humor is simply amazing and I kept laughing like a fool. There is a favorite quote in the book that I have always liked and appreciate those words now more than ever.

“Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing. ”

Isn't that what life is about? If we keep it that simple, I guess most conflicts in the world would automatically tone down!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.