There was a debate recently on NDTV where religion and it's impact was the subject matter. While the majority Community and certain minorities too agreed that there is no need to bring religion into every issue . Certain communities we're of the opinion that religion is above all . What is your opinion ? Who makes these rules ? More so when religion itself is a man made institution.?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Not difficult.  I begin my day with body cleaning and breakfast, reading newspaper and then go to office. At end of day, I return home, watch TV and sleep. There is no religion in all these activities.. I don't worship or wear any religious symbols. This is so simple.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Not difficult.  I begin my day with body cleaning and breakfast, reading newspaper and then go to office. At end of day, I return home, watch TV and sleep. There is no religion in all these activities.. I don't worship or wear any religious symbols. This is so simple.   

It is more or less the same with me , except when there is a festival coming on . I go to temple because I like the peaceful atmosphere there and I go to a church too with a friend for the same reason. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Unless it is profitable or to score a psychological victory no one bothers about religion in daily lives.

Our society and system unfortunately makes sure that religion and caste factor remain in the forefront at all governmental level transactions. Every form you fill needs confirmation of your religion and caste. The caste reservation has made sure that people have been permanently divided ..

As a daily ritual I pray to God when I wake up and before going to sleep at night. This was taught in my school and it has become my regular practice. Other than this I definitely go to temples during festivals or any other special purpose but not at all a binding. You see, whenever we come across a temple, mosque or church we silently pay a respect and it seems that is all what people generally do as a regular practice.

shampasaid

For most of us our identity is defined on the day we are born , be it family, caste or religion. Later it depends on the environment in which you are brought up . Being religious or not should be a personal choice because glorification and belittling of other religious faith can lead to dangerous situations in the society 

We perform many religious practices as routine of life.  I am not so religious.  I may simply participate in some social functions which have also touch of religion. Everyone has free to act as he likes. But religion must not enter all matters. Most social and political matters are common to all citizens and religion should not be invoked unnecessarily. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Following any religion is a personal choice. How and when to worship is again the devotee's discretion and it should not be taught or monitored by anyone. If life is always intervened through religion then it's for sure, life will be completely messed up.   

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Following any religion is a personal choice. How and when to worship is again the devotee's discretion and it should not be taught or monitored by anyone. If life is always intervened through religion then it's for sure, life will be completely messed up.   

I agree , religion is and should be a personal choice . Imposing one's beliefs on others is undemocratic and should be severely dealt with. The problem with our society is the selective monitoring of certain religion and conveniently overlooking others  which cause religious and communal problems. 

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

Everyone agrees that religion should be kept personal but in reality most do the opposite. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.