Ever wondered why is dinning table called so? Why don't we call it lunching table or breakfast table, why only dinning table. Looking forward to some interesting answers here.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

For a simple reason- Dining is directly associated with MEAL (any meal) where as lunch is taken in the noon and breakfast is first food of the day but DINING goes with any Meal.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

For a simple reason- Dining is directly associated with MEAL (any meal) where as lunch is taken in the noon and breakfast is first food of the day but DINING goes with any Meal.

Most of people take dining and dinner one. Thanks for explaining meaning and dinning.

I am not sure but as far as the dictionary meaning of dining goes , it is associated with only dinner and no other meals of the day. The table got it's name as dining table because mostly guests were invited for a supper or dinner. The host used this table. Dining also means host for a dinner. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

I am not sure but as far as the dictionary meaning of dining goes , it is associated with only dinner and no other meals of the day. The table got it's name as dining table because mostly guests were invited for a supper or dinner. The host used this table. Dining also means host for a dinner. 

Looking your answer is more relevant. Many definitions available on net. Dinner and dinning is looking one word for first time. It is another definitions of Dinning tabl

table, especially one seating several persons, where meals are served and eaten, especially the major or more formal meals. Origin of dinning table in between 1585 to 1595

Most of us tend to associate the dining table culture with the Western civilization but it was invented by the Egyptians and later adapted by the Greek and Romans . It also brought the families together when they sat  around the table and ate together...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
Arunima Singh wrote:

Not really! Maybe you find different definitions in different dictionaries but the truth is that dining is referred to eating any meal of the day. And dining out is not limited to a dinner or supper but one can go and have a lunch dining out.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/dining

I am not sure whether the first Diners Club payment was for a lunch or dinner but you can enjoy all your meals if you have a dinners' club card.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@Arunima: //The table got it's name as dining table because mostly guests were invited for a supper or dinner.  -quite possible. What I thought was dinner is the most important meal of the day, like before the day ends where the entire family is supposed to gather and end the day with a nice meal and hence the name. As they say a family that eats together, stays together, although this has no bearing on 'dining/dinner' alone.

@Usha: Yes, most of us thought dining table, was something that came to us from the west, didn't know about it was invented by Egyptians. :)

Dining itself means something that is done outside in a restaurant with friends as per a definition on google.

If we go by that I guess the word Dining was created to make eating food at home also a good & lavish experience, to create a good marketability to the product!

Else normally people eat on the floor in banana leaves traditionally in India.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

@Usha. I always thought it came from western world. But not to forget, Egyptian is one of the most advanced ancient civilization. So this modern thing has come from them. Thanks for sharing.

@Mousami. I totally agree, dinner is most important of meal. Having a meal together at the end of a day.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.