Hi All

I hope everyone of us might have traveled various places in India. While traveling we several challenges depending on the location for example while visiting Delhi one must be very careful while taking bus tickets because although they sell the tickets as Volvo most of the times but the bus turns out to be ordinary one and they don't even drop to exact destination. To avoid this people should choose Haryana Roadway authorised Volvo only while traveling from or to Delhi.

Like wise all members can share their experiences which can help people stay safe and have a good journey. You can also include any experience within your city.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In Karnataka the KSRTC is doing a wonderful job . Besides plyingplto almost all cities within Karnataka , ksrtc buses go to almost all nearby states . The staff is courteous and the fares very reasonable. I have been traveling on their super deluxe ,Volvo and even ordinary buses and find them well maintained ... 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: arjun sai

I also had good experience with KSRTC in Karnataka. They are reasonable and have good service.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

I also had good experience with KSRTC in Karnataka. They are reasonable and have good service.

You are lucky that your city have local bus service, here in my we are depends on auto for local travel. They are charging 10 to 15 Rs for short distance. Minimum charges is 10Rs. Some time government try to start local bus service, but they surrunder before auto driver unions. Most of auto is using Diseal, so they also increasing pollution.

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

You are lucky that your city have local bus service, here in my we are depends on auto for local travel. They are charging 10 to 15 Rs for short distance. Minimum charges is 10Rs. Some time government try to start local bus service, but they surrunder before auto driver unions. Most of auto is using Diseal, so they also increasing pollution.

The minimum charge for autos in places like Bangalore, Mysore and Mangalore is RS 25 but the drivers insist on RS 30..however , we have efficient bus services in Karnataka in most of the cities , so commuting is not at all a problem.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

The minimum charge for autos in places like Bangalore, Mysore and Mangalore is RS 25 but the drivers insist on RS 30..however , we have efficient bus services in Karnataka in most of the cities , so commuting is not at all a problem.

You are very lucky in this. In Maharashtra, the transport system is very pathetic. If we have to travel somewhere, we have to wait for at least 30-40 minutes to find a bus. So most of the people use Uber/Ola for commute. I have a feeling that the taxes we pay are not being utilised properly.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

25 Rs is for whole auto, here auto are six seater and some time they take more than six.  Here commuting is a problem.

arjun sai wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

You are very lucky in this. In Maharashtra, the transport system is very pathetic. If we have to travel somewhere, we have to wait for at least 30-40 minutes to find a bus. So most of the people use Uber/Ola for commute. I have a feeling that the taxes we pay are not being utilised properly.

Here we need not to wait for five minutes, no need to go to stopage, whole road is stopage where you want give hand and auto will stop for you, even if you are 500 meter far away from road auto driver will wait for you, the only problem is that these are expensive and also cause of pollution.

I am surprised that a leading state like Maharashtra has poor transport facilities. That way all southern states have excellent transport facilities since I have travelled through all four states  .

usha manohar wrote:

I am surprised that a leading state like Maharashtra has poor transport facilities. That way all southern states have excellent transport facilities since I have travelled through all four states  .

I loved the transportation in Hyderabad city. The transportation is cheap and very frequent. You don't even need to have a vehicle of your own. We can totally depend on the public transport. Roads are excellent without any potholes. That's the best thing about that city.

I would like to share a few points on basis of my experience of visiting those places:- 

1) Shirdi :- When you get down from a bus in Shirdi, you will be surrounded by several people who will ask you if you want a room for staying. Those people are basically brokers so always ignore them as if they don't exist because if you go with them in search of room, your room fare will be automatically inflated by the owners due to the commission they have to pay to the brokers.

2)Shani Shignapur :-  If you visit this place, make a point to carry oil before reaching the place because in case you reach there and buy oil from the shops outside the temple, they will make sure to inflate your bill to such extent that you will end up loosing all the money in your wallet. For a basket of Pooja materials, they will charge something from 500 to 1500. And chances for backout are bleak once you decide to buy. 

3) Nashik :- Find a room after checking reviews online and ask from people in locality. You might end up in a room where malpractices such as gambling, human trafficking are taking place. Happened with me, I stayed in a guest house near Ganjam in Nashik and came to know some dark secrets later from our driver.

4)Hyderabad:- While in Hyderabad, you might come across families who are well dressed with travel bags with them. They might ask you to stop, and tell that they have lost wallets, tickets etc and they will ask you for money. They are all scammers, because I used to see them everyday on my way home from office. You should make a point that if someone stops you on road after 8-9 PM , it is better to ignore them. Also try not to roam in city after 11 PM at night, I have seen policeman literally kicking people who were sitting in grass after 11 PM. I had a narrow escape thank God :-P 

Thank you said by: epraneeth77, usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.