There was time when breaking News really meant sonesomet drastic had taken place and the media was reporting it. Then with changed times and an over enthusiastic media , now breaking news means nothing much ...it could be Priyanka Chopra going on a date with her fiancee or a politician coming g up with one more idiotic statement ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This is a very excellent point. From several years the news channels have been showing only the news which have drama with spices. There are so many important events happening every day in India which are not even covered. DD news is one reliable channel which shows true news. All other news channels are busy discussing gossips, rumors which are least important.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Media has become more like Soap Operas and everything goes around for TRP rating. There are more twisted tales than reality. There are political  lobbies of journalist trying their best to add the twist and misguide the viewers.

Somewhere the credibility of these news has gone.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Probably they don't know the meaning of breaking news! They record something in the morning and keep it on air all day long in the name of breaking news. The funniest part is that all channels keep an eye on other channels and run the same news. That's true, most newspapers and news channels consider small things like "Baby Bump", Dating, engagement, outing and face off of cine actors as a breaking news. I think they do it for the sake of TRP but they in fact are losing serious viewers with their cheap activities. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It also makes us as citizens insensitive as can be witnessed when.you see people filming people suffering or accident or crime scenes without helping them. I find it disgusting that such things can even happen. It is because of the media coverage. I remember a camera shot taken by a very eminent International photographer of a dying starving African child ...his reasoning was that he was making the world aware of how some people live and die with no help received , also by the time he came to the scene the child had reached a point of no return. But my question is , why not rush the child to a hospital rather than let it slowly breath it's last ! That filming won him laurels but at what cost ? I wish they had some laws against those who film such tragedies 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

It also makes us as citizens insensitive as can be witnessed when.you see people filming people suffering or accident or crime scenes without helping them. I find it disgusting that such things can even happen. It is because of the media coverage. I remember a camera shot taken by a very eminent International photographer of a dying starving African child ...his reasoning was that he was making the world aware of how some people live and die with no help received , also by the time he came to the scene the child had reached a point of no return. But my question is , why not rush the child to a hospital rather than let it slowly breath it's last ! That filming won him laurels but at what cost ? I wish they had some laws against those who film such tragedies 

There for I don't like to watch new channels. They repeat one news more than thousand time. DD news is reliable one.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There for I don't like to watch new channels. They repeat one news more than thousand time. DD news is reliable one.

No doubt DD news is reliable but it is quite tedious to watch it because they are still stuck in the 1980s. In fact all the DD channels are the same ..

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

No doubt DD news is reliable but it is quite tedious to watch it because they are still stuck in the 1980s. In fact all the DD channels are the same ..

I agree to this . Sometimes it is little boring to watch DD news. But if you want some real good news, The Hindu newspaper is excellent which can also be read online format also. I used to read it regularly few months back but due to very tight working schedule , I am not able to devote time now to read It regularly. Because the vocabulary used in the Hindu is little complex and I have to search word meaning.

usha manohar wrote:

That has become a trend. Social media exploits it's freedom to the extent of abuse. There are so many doctored news and video making rounds misguiding people. 

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I have not watched DD news in a long time. But I remember the decency with which news was read on this channel. They said it as a news without adding any masala of their prejudices, judgement and political lobbying. News looked like news and not a soap Opera.

Ever since the foreign media companies has made an entry into India, journalism and reporting has taken a straight nosedive. In their bid to stay on top of the TRP weekly charts, they will do anything and everything to report 'breaking news', be it of some slutty actress dating someone or shooting insensitive questions to parents of rape victims! There is hardly any meaning left to the term Breaking News now.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, epraneeth77
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.