As human beings our feelings, judgments and emotions get shaped by our own life experiences , also prejudices and lifestyles . For someone to rise above all this takes effort and dedication .Judges are human too and when they come across cases that are similar to their own life , will it be easy for them to give a fair and impartial judgment ..?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That is why for the post of judge of a court there is very huge eligibility criteria. One has to be a lawyer for some 10-15 years only then you can apply for the post of a judge. Their reasoning power is greatly evolved by time. But as you rightly mentioned that judges are human beings too, yes there are corruption cases also. In high profile cases , there are always chances that they are offered huge bribe to give judgement in someone's favour. I have visited houses of few judge of High court and their house was more like a huge bungalow mansion with multiple expensive flashy cars parked outside their residence. I don't know whether it is their hard earned money or not.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

And that is the reason that judges are transferred to other place after a short period. I know sometimes its tough for them to judge what's wrong and what's right but then thats their ability how they take the right and unbiased judgement. 

The proceedings in the court should truly be fair and should be impartial with equal opportunities given to both parties. Based on evidence, the judgement must be passed. If the court cases are shortened by ensuring quicker investigation and hearings then the judgments could be fair and fast.

Sheetal Kumar N wrote:

The proceedings in the court should truly be fair and should be impartial with equal opportunities given to both parties. Based on evidence, the judgement must be passed. If the court cases are shortened by ensuring quicker investigation and hearings then the judgments could be fair and fast.

Absolutely the judgement should be based on the evidences but sometimes that doesn't happen as evidences are manipulated and wrong judgement is given due to it. And we think judgement is biased which actually is not. 

arjun sai wrote:

That is why for the post of judge of a court there is very huge eligibility criteria. One has to be a lawyer for some 10-15 years only then you can apply for the post of a judge. Their reasoning power is greatly evolved by time. But as you rightly mentioned that judges are human beings too, yes there are corruption cases also. In high profile cases , there are always chances that they are offered huge bribe to give judgement in someone's favour. I have visited houses of few judge of High court and their house was more like a huge bungalow mansion with multiple expensive flashy cars parked outside their residence. I don't know whether it is their hard earned money or not.

A fresh law graduate may be judge. Experience of 10-15 year is not must but some judges are selected from professional lawyer, and it is based on experience. It is right that judges are also human being, they also have families and some time they also have some pressure. But most of judges are bias in India. Every thing have exception, judges are not free from it.

From what i knowv one has to have a few years of experience as a practicing lawyer before they decide to write an exam meant for selecting judges , after which they are trained under a sitting judge for an year or so before they are given independent charge.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

anil wrote:
arjun sai wrote:

A fresh law graduate may be judge. Experience of 10-15 year is not must but some judges are selected from professional lawyer, and it is based on experience. It is right that judges are also human being, they also have families and some time they also have some pressure. But most of judges are bias in India. Every thing have exception, judges are not free from it.

Yes even I understand that one has to give an entrance exam for the same to become a judge  experience of 10-15 years is not compulsory.. Though I am not sure. 

anil wrote:
arjun sai wrote:

Actually I had read it online.

A person to be appointed as a judge of a high court, should be a citizen of India. Further,

He should have held a judicial office in the territory of India for ten years or

should have been an advocate of high court(s) for ten years.

Source ::https://www.gktoday.in/gk/high-courts-appointments-of-judges-terms-salary-of-judges/

Actually why I started this topic was because recently at a college function I attended, I heard a retired High court judge say that there are times when they do get swayed and it is not easy to give a fair judgment because if their own bias and past experiences. It takes a very steady and dedicated mind to overcome that ..

usha manohar wrote:

From what i knowv one has to have a few years of experience as a practicing lawyer before they decide to write an exam meant for selecting judges , after which they are trained under a sitting judge for an year or so before they are given independent charge.

My daughter is LL.B. She have not experience, but she is preparing for RJS. It is right after selecting they get training. Some quota is also for experienced advocates.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.