The poster below says it all . I see many Indians having this false notion that being affluent means buying new things and discarding old stuff and flashing it around because they can afford to do so...being careful and thrifty is considered a quality associated with have nots !! So what is your opinion about the poster below?

43082475 10161399324760393 2488801937349148672 n

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with the message in the poster. It is very important that materials made or manufactured are degradable or can be reused. It is of utmost importance that we take care of the environment because in my opinion we have polluted it enough.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I agree with the meaningful & useful message, however it can hardly be implemented, to restrict or stop production is not an easy thing.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Very beautiful message but very hard to implement. We can reduce the environment waste by following this principle.

I don't think it is hard  to implement at all , if one has the will to do so ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I believe in thrifty. It is not good habit to through any item because new in come.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
anil wrote:

I believe in thrifty. It is not good habit to through any item because new in come.

Same with me , I never give up on old furniture , rather get it remodeled , old clothes and sarees  put to maximum use and used to make patch work quilts , or bed covers ...plastic bottles are used to grow plants and so on ..all kitchen waste like vegetables,fruits peel is made into compost along with dry leaves and bark ..

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Same with me , I never give up on old furniture , rather get it remodeled , old clothes and sarees  put to maximum use and used to make patch work quilts , or bed covers ...plastic bottles are used to grow plants and so on ..all kitchen waste like vegetables,fruits peel is made into compost along with dry leaves and bark ..

You are doing great, we must be do what we can to save environment.I am not using plastic bottles to much. We also use old sarees in making covers,quilt is made with old sarees. I used vegetables fruit peel to feed animals.

Thank you said by: arjun sai
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

You are doing great, we must be do what we can to save environment.I am not using plastic bottles to much. We also use old sarees in making covers,quilt is made with old sarees. I used vegetables fruit peel to feed animals.

In my school few of us have got together and have started vocational classes for interested students and their families , teaching them to utilise things like newspaper, bottle,plastic , clothes into something useful . The response is very encouraging.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

In my school few of us have got together and have started vocational classes for interested students and their families , teaching them to utilise things like newspaper, bottle,plastic , clothes into something useful . The response is very encouraging.

Even in our school we had a competition by name "Best out of Waste". In this competition, the students were asked to make useful stuff from waste material. This competition was held every month.

I remember one more example that is of Rock Garden in Chandigarh city. It is made completely using waste materials and is a centre of attraction for tourists in Chandigarh.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.