The topic is locked.

Which teams do you think will make it till semi final? This time it is round robin phase where each team will face all other teams in the Group stage itself. There is only one group and these matches give time to rectify flaws and take course correction and know other teams strengths and weaknesses in round robin phase itself.

Each team will play all other 9 teams once and at the end whichever teams stand in top 4 will progress to semi finals.

I am expecting England, India, Pakistan and South Africa to progress to semi finals. West Indies can spring in a surprise given their recent matches against England in West Indies.

What are your opinions?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

We cannot underestimate Australia and New Zealand. I wouldn't mind if someone says Bangladesh is good enough to reach last 4 stage. Cricket is the game of possibilities especially on the day it's played. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

I think Australia chances are more than West Indies and New Zealand I think has performed rather averagely over the past couple of years. James Neesham is the big plus for New Zealand and conditions may be more favourable in England for them.

So I think rather than South Africa, New Zealand or Australia can make it to the semi finals. It is very hard to predict given the fact that tempo in the round robin stages will decide and each team is very good but I think New Zealand and Australia have better chances than South Africa in that order.

I think I can rule out Bangladesh outright because it is being played in England conditions which they are not very adept at. Bangladesh coming to finals of Nidahas Trophy in Srilanka is vastly different than a tournament in England.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

I would say India,  Australia,  West Indies and New Zealand are strong contenders.  Bangladesh has been constantly becoming a good team and they too can give a strong fight. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

suni51 wrote:

We cannot underestimate Australia and New Zealand. I wouldn't mind if someone says Bangladesh is good enough to reach last 4 stage. Cricket is the game of possibilities especially on the day it's played. 

Yes it is right Australia and New Zealand are also capable in reaching at semifinal. Bangladesh is good team but others are better than it.

My best guess is England- Australia- India and New Zealand.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

My best guess is England- Australia- India and New Zealand.

Yes I am agree with you, Pakistan may be one of these, chance of it is 70:30

Her'es my pick for the Semi Finals. 

1. Australia

2. New Zealand

3. England

4. South Africa

The reason I think India can't make it to semi (I know if I read this in future I may regret it), is because the bowlers are out of confidence. Opposite team has to play bad for us to win to the semi finals. 

I think England are anyway firm favourites going by their belligerent form, followed by New Zealand and Australia. India need to buckle up in the batting department than the bowling as far as my perspective is concerned.

There is a lot of mess kind in the line up of batting with one or the other only clicking in a match without any significant partnerships. Hope India gets its batting right. Openers - Out of form, middle order - Virat only, lower order - The least said, the better it is, considering other teams which have more fire power.

India did well in South Africa, Australia and New Zealand and fared better in England as well, so hoping India will find its mojo heading to England.

Problem with current Indian line up is the bowling losing it's confidence. And batsmen taking their position for granted. Based on the AU series both T20 and ODI. I think it'd be not that easy for us to win the WC. I am hoping that we do get some backup players though. Because we definitely need better fast bowlers and spinners. Because chahal and kuldeep may fail in some case in WC if too much played. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.