The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Top 4 teams that can be seen at end of round robin in 2019 World Cup?

    by » 3 months ago


    epraneeth77 wrote:

    Afghanistan is out of contention as it has already lost 5 games on the trot and even last 4 matches wins will not give semi final place. On the other hand, I feel that Australia & England have played really well. Even India.

    Today's match against New Zealand may not give a true picture of New Zealand strength as it is playing against an out of form South Africa. However if New Zealand loses, it would be kind of upset given the trend of both teams.

    Well New Zealand just won their match against South Africa as I am writing this. However, New Zealand's real strength would have been tested against India. Unfortunately, that match was abandoned because of rain and I feel in the end the Kiwis were lucky to walk away with a point.


  • Re: Top 4 teams that can be seen at end of round robin in 2019 World Cup?

    by » 3 months ago


    Saurav Banerjee wrote:
    epraneeth77 wrote:

    Afghanistan is out of contention as it has already lost 5 games on the trot and even last 4 matches wins will not give semi final place. On the other hand, I feel that Australia & England have played really well. Even India.

    Today's match against New Zealand may not give a true picture of New Zealand strength as it is playing against an out of form South Africa. However if New Zealand loses, it would be kind of upset given the trend of both teams.

    Well New Zealand just won their match against South Africa as I am writing this. However, New Zealand's real strength would have been tested against India. Unfortunately, that match was abandoned because of rain and I feel in the end the Kiwis were lucky to walk away with a point.

    It must have been a very frustating match for the South African fans, South Africa were very well placed to win this match, however some poor decisions, lack of understanding, co-ordination, poor fielding, missed run out chances left them on the losing side.

    This was a match were South Africa had to win, but lost. I don't think the South African Captain is being pro active, especially when Tahir had Williamson nicked and was appealing, Faf could have run to the square to enquire, it was such a crucial moment in the game.

    But he chose to be rather passive in his approach and defended his non action by saying that there was hardly an appeal in the post match presentation. Faf as a captain has failed to inspire any confidence, enthusiasm and positiveness in the team, he just went with the flow though his bowling changes were good.

    His lack of motivation to his players and non responsiveness in crucial situations mean that South Africa are virtually the 2nd team after Afghanistan to be out of Semi finals contention.

    He lamented on the batting, though the real concern in the match was fielding, missed run out chances, non review of crucial wicket and some poor man management skills.

    Faf was a disappointment in my opinion, but may be there was hardly anyone to take up the role.


    Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!


    Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee

  • Re: Top 4 teams that can be seen at end of round robin in 2019 World Cup?

    by » 3 months ago


    I was thoroughly disappointed myself as I watched the match live and the silly mistakes the South African teams did made myself frustrated as well, though I was not it's staunch supporter.

    The way they let the match slip was agonising to say the least. No stomach.

    I thought that South Africa will win and make the situation in the middle of the points table much interesting but sadly it has been a one sided affair till now in terms of points table and it seems to be going that way further as well. Now the only interesting matches in my perspectives are the Semi finals and finals.

    I am ruling out Bangladesh as well, as will many others. The top 4 are decided and they are as strong as in the order of - England, Australia, India & New Zealand.


    Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!


  • Re: Top 4 teams that can be seen at end of round robin in 2019 World Cup?

    by » 3 months ago


    The sloppy fielding by SA took the match away from them. They were doing fine but dropped catches cost them the match and chances of reaching to the top 4. In fact SA have never done well in WC.


    I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

    https://o0.nz/


  • Re: Top 4 teams that can be seen at end of round robin in 2019 World Cup?

    by » 3 months ago


    suni51 wrote:

    The sloppy fielding by SA took the match away from them. They were doing fine but dropped catches cost them the match and chances of reaching to the top 4. In fact SA have never done well in WC.

    Yes. There was a time when South Africa set very high standards in the fielding and other teams looked up and worked hard to match those standards. But sadly, at the moment, South Africa's fielding standards have gone down drastically. There have been no fielding stars like Jonty Rhodes for years now. Also, no quality all-rounders like Kallis.


  • Re: Top 4 teams that can be seen at end of round robin in 2019 World Cup?

    by » 3 months ago


    I am very happy with the bench strength that India has got.

    Never expected India to have a like to like, similar strength replacement.

    The bench strength looks to be in good stead and it's very important for a tournament like this 


    Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!


    Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee

  • Re: Top 4 teams that can be seen at end of round robin in 2019 World Cup?

    by » 3 months ago


    epraneeth77 wrote:

    I am very happy with the bench strength that India has got.

    Never expected India to have a like to like, similar strength replacement.

    The bench strength looks to be in good stead and it's very important for a tournament like this 

    Yes. Many people questioned the exclusion of Ambati Rayudu and the absence of another fast bowler in the fifteen member world cup squad. However, so far it is proving that the team management and the selectors have done right by picking Rahul and an all-rounder like Vijay Shankar in the squad. A quality fast bowler like Shami and a good wicketkeeper-batsman like Dinesh Karthik proves the bench strength, and shows India have covered all the bases.


  • Re: Top 4 teams that can be seen at end of round robin in 2019 World Cup?

    by » 3 months ago


    Saurav Banerjee wrote:
    epraneeth77 wrote:

    I am very happy with the bench strength that India has got.

    Never expected India to have a like to like, similar strength replacement.

    The bench strength looks to be in good stead and it's very important for a tournament like this 

    Yes. Many people questioned the exclusion of Ambati Rayudu and the absence of another fast bowler in the fifteen member world cup squad. However, so far it is proving that the team management and the selectors have done right by picking Rahul and an all-rounder like Vijay Shankar in the squad. A quality fast bowler like Shami and a good wicketkeeper-batsman like Dinesh Karthik proves the bench strength, and shows India have covered all the bases.

    India can also take Ishant in the team if Bhuvi doesn't recover.

    Ambati Rayadu exclusion was right. He was not looking in form in the days leading upto the world cup indicating probable pressure even before world cup.

    Shankar is a good replacement but he has to perform to show that. He is still a raw material in progress. Has a long way to go.

    Virat captaincy has suddenly stepped on the gas. He seems to be a different captain altogether in world cup bringing all the right moves which is very encouraging not just for this world cup but rest of the matches and tournaments like test championship and T20 World Cup.


    Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!


  • Re: Top 4 teams that can be seen at end of round robin in 2019 World Cup?

    by » 3 months ago


    Let me share an open secret with you guys. Dhoni is assisting (read indirectly captaining the team ) Virat in all fields of the game. He is the one who is setting field, guiding bowling changes and directing the bowlers from behind the wicket. Every cricketing expert accepts that there is no alternative of Captain Cool in the whole cricketing world as of date. 


    I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

    https://o0.nz/


  • Re: Top 4 teams that can be seen at end of round robin in 2019 World Cup?

    by » 3 months ago


    Did not watch complete match, but how come before the world cup the coordination was not so good?

    Agree that there is no cricketing brain better than Dhoni. No one can ever replace his captaincy or his stumpings, also his directions to tweakers.


    Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.