The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

After Rohit's early dismissal, Virat and then in the end Dhoni held the Indian innings together. The total of 268 is a good one in this wicket. In reply, the West Indies are at the moment 50 for the loss of two wickets after fifteen overs as I am writing this.

As expected India won the game and almost through to semis. I am still at my stand that India, AU, NZ and England will make the last 4. From there on the battle will begin. I hope India Face NZ in semis to make it to the finals.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
suni51 wrote:

As expected India won the game and almost through to semis. I am still at my stand that India, AU, NZ and England will make the last 4. From there on the battle will begin. I hope India Face NZ in semis to make it to the finals.

I think facing New Zealand in swinging conditions will be a nightmare for the Indian batsman, the threat of Trent Boult looms large in that case. Have to see how India plays New Zealand as it has not played against New Zealand due to washout.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Old Trafford and Edgbaston are the two venues for the semi-finals. The team that finishes first faces the fourth placed team at Old Trafford, and the second and third obviously at Edgbaston. India have done well so far in this world cup playing at Old Trafford. On the other hand, India have not played at Edgbaston yet, but in most probability it will also suit India because of its spin-friendly nature. So, I don't think India should worry playing against New Zealand or any other team in these two venues.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

The good thing about current Indian team is that we no more rely solely on our batting line.  The last two matches have been won by our capable bowlers.  And the team seems quite fit on fielding side too.  Though Dhoni had an off day as wicketkeeper. So overall we have a promising team.  

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

The only thing that is a worry is that India does not have a good middle order, if it plays with teams like Australia then it will face tough time to defend the score.

I thought Ravindra Jadeja will be included in the last match in place of Kedar Jadhav, but it did not happen. Also Rishab Pant can be tried out in place of Vijay Shankar.

Otherwise Dhoni should move upt to no 4 and Vijay should drop at no 6 as he plays well at the lower middle order as at that time it requires shots to be played. Dhoni on the other hand will get some time to settle down.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

I feel the team management will give one more opportunity to Vijay Shankar to prove his talent. If he fails again, then either Rishabh Pant or Dinesh Karthik would be tried in his place at number four.

The team management I guess would not break the winning combination and experiment against a strong team like England. The experiments are likely to take place in the matches ahead against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

Ya, I also feel the same. With Virat in the side he must be thinking of keeping the same eleven so that they can seal they spot in the top 4 and also as England is a strong contender.

Any other captain also would have done the same.

Meanwhile Pakistan is continuing the 1992 world cup replay for their team as they beat Afghanistan by 3 wickets and 3 balls remaining.

It was Afghanistan's match to lose but they let the crucial moments slip through nervous fielding and bad captaincy ploy to bowl the last over.

The way New Zealand surrendered to Australia is certainly not a good sign for the kiwis. Kane Williamson is the only reliable batsman in the team and the others play around him. So, once he fails to put up a big score, the kiwis always struggle and sometimes struggle very badly. On the other hand, the manner in which Starc and company are bowling for Australia, it's a clear danger sign for the other teams.

A lot of equation depends on today's match between India and England.  Right now it seems to be slipping away from India.  

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.