The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

India lost rather pathetically to England. England were on the top of their game.

I think when India were bowling first, the time they took to understand the pitch and bowl slower balls had an impact on the game.

Shami bowling wayward in the death overs to concede around 50 runs in his last 3 overs did not help. Bumrah was the best of the lot as usual.

The pair of Kulcha proved in effective. But the strange thing of the match was that Virat did not bowl Kedar to stem the run flow, not even one! I think Virat missed the trick there as he must have been under pressure and did not think of the option.

The missed opportunity to take DRS of Roy also proved bad for our team.

Virat disappointed in the match as he should have scored more, this was the match for him to bat well.

One of the things that India could have understood is the fact that just one pinch hitter is not good enough in ODI's where you need atleast 2 or 3 members so that there will be some threat that they can pose together in the opposition camp.

India lacks firepower in the middle order for sure. Rishab also could have played better but since it is his first match and it was a good catch, can't say much about him.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
epraneeth77 wrote:

India lost rather pathetically to England. England were on the top of their game.

I think when India were bowling first, the time they took to understand the pitch and bowl slower balls had an impact on the game.

Shami bowling wayward in the death overs to concede around 50 runs in his last 3 overs did not help. Bumrah was the best of the lot as usual.

The pair of Kulcha proved in effective. But the strange thing of the match was that Virat did not bowl Kedar to stem the run flow, not even one! I think Virat missed the trick there as he must have been under pressure and did not think of the option.

The missed opportunity to take DRS of Roy also proved bad for our team.

Virat disappointed in the match as he should have scored more, this was the match for him to bat well.

One of the things that India could have understood is the fact that just one pinch hitter is not good enough in ODI's where you need atleast 2 or 3 members so that there will be some threat that they can pose together in the opposition camp.

India lacks firepower in the middle order for sure. Rishab also could have played better but since it is his first match and it was a good catch, can't say much about him.

What I felt was that Virat missed a big trick in the game against England. The missed trick was not to bring one of your main fast bowlers back into the attack when the spinners were getting hammered by the English openers. Virat finally brought Hardik Pandya from one end and continued with spin attack from the other end. This was a mistake as India needed a breakthrough badly during that time. Therefore, it was important for Kohli to bring either Bumrah or Shami or both of them at the same time for a few overs.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Very true. Now the match against Bangladesh is evenly poised. Bangladesh have lost 2 wickets for 99 by the end of 19.2 overs.  But the thing is they have their 2 best batsman in Shakib & Mushfiqur Rahim at the crease.

India are playing well and should earn the 2 points by the end of the day.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee

Bangladesh just lost Mushfiqur. They are now 3 wickets down. Chahal got his reward as a result of some intelligent bowling. The dismissal of an experienced campaigner like Mushfiqur have now clearly tilted the game in India's favor.

India won after a stiff fight by the tigers but that was expected. Now India and Australia are in semis and NZ should also make it to the last 4. The fight is in between Pakistan and England depending how others do and how these two teams do to make the last 4. The English team has better chances though. Everything is going as we al expected. 

India

AU

NZ

England.

Final in between India- Australia

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

India will be playing it's semi final in Edgbaston where England beat them by 31 runs. Hope India will avenge the defeat, if they are to face England in the semi's as England winning it's last match will mean it will end up of 3rd position and will play India.

A battle between India and New Zealand will be a battle of even keel, may India will also have an edge going by the performances.

Pakistan is still in contention, but I am feeling that both Pakistan and England will lose it's matches.

India has the potential to beat England this time if they meet the Englishmen in the semis. And it looks like that in all probability the two teams are going to meet again. In that case, I feel India should go with Jadeja in place of Kedar in order to provide more attacking firepower to their batting against a team like England. At the same time, they should pick either Chahal or Kuldeep and go with three pacers Bumrah, Bhuvi and Shami. However, most importantly, Virat should win the toss and bat first. Chasing a reasonably big total in a world cup semi final will put immense pressure on England.

India is on top of the table and the way SA/Australia match is going on the chances are SA will beat AU. That will make things easier for India to reach in final. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It's now clear that India will meet New Zealand in semifinals on Tuesday.  This is the only team which India has not faced in this tournament.  Rain ruined the fun last time.  So let's see how India takes over Kiwis.  India is definitely a better side than NZ,  but still they can't take the match lightly.  It's crucial and both team will give their best.  Kohli has rightly said that any team can be defeated by us if we play a good game and any team can defeat us if we don't.  So it will depend on the game of the day. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

India is bowling first, it will be interesting to see whether Bhuvi can make a mark after that rather unimpressive show against Srilanka.

Weather seems to be favouring Bhuvi as the conditions are overcast. Hope he can pick a couple of wickets early to jolt the Kiwi's.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.