The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Cricket fans all across the globe missed the action of Pakistan versus Sri Lanka today. The match being abandoned without having a single ball bowled due to rain. But on the flip side, I am happy as Pakistan is being clearly denied a vital point. Based on their present form, they were the clear favorites against Sri Lanka. This will definitely hamper Pakistan's chances of reaching the top 4 in the tournament.

I think it was not good that match did not happen. However I hope that India does not lose any points in this way.

Hope they play to win as many matches as possible as early as possible as weather is not supporting any team.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

The way South Africa is playing it's becoming extremely difficult for them every day to make it to the top 4 of the tournament. It's true that they are plagued by injuries to some of their key players, but still they have only themselves to blame for their performance.

On the other hand, India began their campaign in the best possible manner. Chahal and Bumrah bowled exceptionally well. Kuldeep was impressive as well. Rohit Sharma rode his luck in the early part of his innings to make it a big century. India next faces Australia (strengthened by the return of Steve Smith and David Warner).

South Africa is virtually out of contention so early, the schedule also playing it's part. 

They are practically at the door of exit where they have knocked and are waiting for it to open. That is how bad their situation is.

CSA decision to exclude AB was right. One cannot come into the team during World Cup only. I support CSA in this regard.

Even the captain words does not inspire any confidence.

India actual Match will happen on Sunday. Let's see how they perform in that match.

South Africa lost match to Bangladesh only. They have good players individually but they are not collective at all. That is hitting them bad.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

The way South Africa is playing it's becoming extremely difficult for them every day to make it to the top 4 of the tournament. It's true that they are plagued by injuries to some of their key players, but still they have only themselves to blame for their performance.

On the other hand, India began their campaign in the best possible manner. Chahal and Bumrah bowled exceptionally well. Kuldeep was impressive as well. Rohit Sharma rode his luck in the early part of his innings to make it a big century. India next faces Australia (strengthened by the return of Steve Smith and David Warner).

South Africa is virtually out of contention so early, the schedule also playing it's part. 

They are practically at the door of exit where they have knocked and are waiting for it to open. That is how bad their situation is.

CSA decision to exclude AB was right. One cannot come into the team during World Cup only. I support CSA in this regard.

Even the captain words does not inspire any confidence.

India actual Match will happen on Sunday. Let's see how they perform in that match.

South Africa lost match to Bangladesh only. They have good players individually but they are not collective at all. That is hitting them bad.

I feel this is the weakest team South Africa has ever put up in their world cup history so far. Even their fielding standards have gone down drastically to what it used to be in the past. As a cricket fan it's very hurting to see a team like South Africa bleed this way ! I believe they would have struggled even with the inclusion of a player like AB de Villiers.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

True, everytime in every world cup when South Africa play, they look like good contenders. But this time around there is no such expectation from it. Its down and out. True, even ABD inclusion would not have changed things much.

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee

England seems to be the strongest contender this tournament.  Others that can be there in Semi finals are India,  Australia and New Zealand. 

For South Africa,  it's really a bad tournament.  Their performance is a big disappointment. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Australia is good.

But it is too early to say that India and New Zealand are favorites as they have played weaker teams.

Today's match will reveal a lot about the possibility of India in the semi final.  Let's see how well they handle Aussies today.  It will definitely be a thrilling match and won't be easy and one sided like the previous one. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Actually if a team wins 5-6 of its matches (out of 9) they should expect a place in last 4 stage (depending on how others perform of course) so if SA have to be in top 4 they will have to win all their remaining matches which is not as easy as it sounds.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee

South Africa is up against a rejuvenated West Indies in today's match at Hampshire Bowl. SA must win this match to keep their hopes alive of reaching the top 4. However, it's still not clear whether South Africa's injured fast bowler Lungi Ngidi will be able to play this match or not.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.