The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Shammi is not 100% fit but I hope he will play in next match against Bangladesh. That will prove his fitness too.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Australia have set a daunting target of 382 for Bangladesh. Tamim and Shakib are at the crease as I am writing this. Tamim lost his in-form opening partner Somya Sarkar as a result of a brilliant direct hit run out by Australian captain Finch.

This match is really important for Bangladesh in their quest to reach the top four of the tournament.

suni51 wrote:

Shammi is not 100% fit but I hope he will play in next match against Bangladesh. That will prove his fitness too.

Haven't heard any news of Shami not being 100% fit, can you share any link in this regard?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

Australia have set a daunting target of 382 for Bangladesh. Tamim and Shakib are at the crease as I am writing this. Tamim lost his in-form opening partner Somya Sarkar as a result of a brilliant direct hit run out by Australian captain Finch.

This match is really important for Bangladesh in their quest to reach the top four of the tournament.

Bangladesh gave a really good account of themselves in this World Cup. They were far better than Pakistan, Srilanka, West Indies and Afghanistan and that reflects on the points table too.

They played very maturedly in each match, especially the batting. They were all the way consistent and realistic in their performances. When there was a high target, they tried to chase and when it went out of hand, they lessened the margin of losing. Teams like West Indies and Pakistan on the other hand lost by big margins and they did not bat sensibly.

Bangladesh played well against New Zealand too where they almost went to the door of victory.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

After good struggle Bangladesh lost the match. So looking he have not any chance to reach at top 10. Four top team is decided, India, Australia, England and New Zealand.

epraneeth77 wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Haven't heard any news of Shami not being 100% fit, can you share any link in this regard?

Today I read in news paper that Vijay Shakar also injured during net practice. It create problem for India in reaching in final. Rahul played well against Pakistan but his striking rate is much low than Dhwan.

anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Today I read in news paper that Vijay Shakar also injured during net practice. It create problem for India in reaching in final. Rahul played well against Pakistan but his striking rate is much low than Dhwan.

Dhawan will surely be missed for strokeplay at the beginning of innings, he provides the impetus to the scoreboard. Also as the pitch will wear out and be more batting conducive, this would have been the perfect phase for Dhawan to explode.

However, I think Rahul is an apt substitute as he has the right technique to counter swing conditions, if any. Also he can score quickly but needs some time to get himself in the groove. In case he is unable to score quickly in the first 10, then Rohit can take over the mantle like he did the other day.

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Dhawan will surely be missed for strokeplay at the beginning of innings, he provides the impetus to the scoreboard. Also as the pitch will wear out and be more batting conducive, this would have been the perfect phase for Dhawan to explode.

However, I think Rahul is an apt substitute as he has the right technique to counter swing conditions, if any. Also he can score quickly but needs some time to get himself in the groove. In case he is unable to score quickly in the first 10, then Rohit can take over the mantle like he did the other day.

Yes I totally agree with you. That's why I feel the selectors did a great job in picking someone like Rahul who can bat at number four (in the middle order) as well as an opener. And this type of flexibility we cannot expect from a player like Ambati Rayudu who although opens at times in the IPL, but clearly lacks that experience in the international level. On the other hand, Rahul has opened for India in test matches in the past. Rahul was also in great form as an opener in this edition of the IPL.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Finally, we have a match very close and an upset at that one.

SriLanka manages to beat England in a low scoring affair.

My watching was worthwhile today unlike the match of South Africa, which it lost.

This match gave some life to this rather one sided and bland tournament.

Hope there are more upsets, but not against India ;)

This match Comes as a relief to me as I start to believe that England is beatable. Specially, as this is it's 2nd loss against out of form Countries. 

For me, England looked invincible, mostly because of their exemplary batting exploits and also their never ending batting line up.

Now I can harbour some hopes of an Indian victory in the final, if it reaches. Australia looks excellent though.

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
epraneeth77 wrote:

Finally, we have a match very close and an upset at that one.

SriLanka manages to beat England in a low scoring affair.

My watching was worthwhile today unlike the match of South Africa, which it lost.

This match gave some life to this rather one sided and bland tournament.

Hope there are more upsets, but not against India ;)

This match Comes as a relief to me as I start to believe that England is beatable. Specially, as this is it's 2nd loss against out of form Countries. 

For me, England looked invincible, mostly because of their exemplary batting exploits and also their never ending batting line up.

Now I can harbour some hopes of an Indian victory in the final, if it reaches. Australia looks excellent though.

Great to hear this news from you that Sri Lanka has won the battle against the tournament favorites England. A big surprise but a pleasant one as I like upsets !

I turned my TV off with still some fifteen to twenty overs left in the England innings thinking that England will win considering their batting depth. From whatever I saw, Malinga bowled superbly and used all his experience and skills. Hats off to Malinga !!!

England have now lost against two Asian teams - Pakistan and Sri Lanka. And both of them while chasing. This proves their vulnerability while batting second, and that this English team also is feeling the world cup pressure like their previous generations.

After this world cup victory of Sri Lanka (with their confidence level on a high) what do you think that they will end up reaching the top four of this tournament ?

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.