The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Srilanka were having chances before the match, but their performance came crashing down to earth at once. I was, at one time when Srilanka scored 203 thinking that may be the pitch is slow and Malinga will make it up. But this Srilankan team can only fight with minnows, not team like South Africa, though they are out of form. South Africa played maturedly in batting.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

The Sril Lakans failed to show their bowlign magic in yesterday match. They took an early wicket but then they could not do much later. The match slowly went one sided and it was an easy cake walk for South Africa. The last two days matches had the same fate and it did not add up much thrill to watch.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I was expecting the Srilankan bowling unit to put up a fight, but it did not come at all. Very sorrow situation of Srilankan cricket. They have some gutsy players but they are not putting up that determination and grit especially.

Ashvika is a revelation, but lacks patience. Kusal Mendis, Thisara Perera, Angelo Mathews. There are still good names but still they haven't put up a team performance yet.

Previous players like Jayawardene, Muralitharan, Ajanta Mendis, Jayasurya, Kumar Sangakara were some excellent players.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

I think Indian middle order needs a revamp where Dhoni comes in at No.4 after Virat, then Kedar, then Pandya & Shankar or Shankar & Pandya depending on situation.

We have already seen in the Australia series or some other foreign series where Dhoni batted with Kedar in a match winning partnership in 2 matches consecutively.

Dhoni, if he comes in at 4 can face more balls, reduce the loss of middle overs wickets which India is losing right now and get a strong finish either from Dhoni's willow or from the likes of Pandya & Shankar.

Dhoni should bat with Kedar as they are having a good understanding with each other & Kedar listens to Dhoni's advice.

If after 42nd or 43rd over, a wicket falls then Pandya can come first, otherwise Shankar can come in after Kedar.

I think this is the ideal line up which has worked successfully.

Also Shankar batted better in the lower order as a pinch hitter, though he did not hit many lusty hit but he made a useful contribution in the context of the matches he was part of as No.6 or 7. Shankar.

If he is coming as No. 4, he is consuming more number of balls and getting out, also he is not bringing that calm situation in the game where wickets are not being lost and hence Dhoni should be given the No.4 batting.

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
epraneeth77 wrote:

I think Indian middle order needs a revamp where Dhoni comes in at No.4 after Virat, then Kedar, then Pandya & Shankar or Shankar & Pandya depending on situation.

We have already seen in the Australia series or some other foreign series where Dhoni batted with Kedar in a match winning partnership in 2 matches consecutively.

Dhoni, if he comes in at 4 can face more balls, reduce the loss of middle overs wickets which India is losing right now and get a strong finish either from Dhoni's willow or from the likes of Pandya & Shankar.

Dhoni should bat with Kedar as they are having a good understanding with each other & Kedar listens to Dhoni's advice.

If after 42nd or 43rd over, a wicket falls then Pandya can come first, otherwise Shankar can come in after Kedar.

I think this is the ideal line up which has worked successfully.

Also Shankar batted better in the lower order as a pinch hitter, though he did not hit many lusty hit but he made a useful contribution in the context of the matches he was part of as No.6 or 7. Shankar.

If he is coming as No. 4, he is consuming more number of balls and getting out, also he is not bringing that calm situation in the game where wickets are not being lost and hence Dhoni should be given the No.4 batting.

Not a bad idea at all with Dhoni coming at number four. I am sure the think tank of the Indian cricket team have also considered it at some point of time. However, what I feel the only thing why this strategy is still not implemented in this tournament is because of Dhoni's reputation over the years as a finisher of the game. It also gives comfort to the fans and the Indian batting line up that Dhoni is still to come. The opposition also stays under pressure thinking that a batsman of Dhoni's caliber is waiting to bat, and hence, the game can change direction any moment.

That may be there, but when there is already a tried and tested formula and in the current scenario middle order is not playing well they can use the tried and tested formula.

The big match day of India and England has arrived ! I expect England to come hard at India as they would be desperate to win this match to keep their hopes alive in this competition. On the other hand, India would look to seal their semis birth in this match.

I just hope Indian batsmen manage to stay injury free as England have two extreme fast bowlers in the form of Mark Wood and Jofra Archer, who are capable of clicking 150 kph at ease.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Hope we successfully bag the cup this year, though it's difficult to predict at this time. Our players are still capable enough amidst the escalating tensions as witnessed in the previous match with  Afghanistan. 

IMG 20190414 231558

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

The big match day of India and England has arrived ! I expect England to come hard at India as they would be desperate to win this match to keep their hopes alive in this competition. On the other hand, India would look to seal their semis birth in this match.

I just hope Indian batsmen manage to stay injury free as England have two extreme fast bowlers in the form of Mark Wood and Jofra Archer, who are capable of clicking 150 kph at ease.

England came hard as expected, however Indian batman managed to stay injury free. Tough match. Roy's absence was clearly felt by their losses. Now that he came back, they won thunderously.

epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

England came hard as expected, however Indian batman managed to stay injury free. Tough match. Roy's absence was clearly felt by their losses. Now that he came back, they won thunderously.

India lost this match. During fielding Rahul got injured so we could't play well. He was out is third over with making any run. Although India struggle to won match. In this match performance of Indian bowler, except Shammi was not effective one. Now Pakistan have little chance to qualify for semi-final.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.