The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

My heart is sinking.  This match would be a real test of a great strong side. Only a good mid order partnership can save India.  With one more wicket down,  the chances are getting doomed. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Jadeja is playing well, hope I am not jinxing him, but if he plays till last, India have a chance.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

India paid the price of a wrong team selection in this semi. Shammi or Mayank agrwal was a better choice in place of Karthik. Kartik is almost a spent force in International cricket.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I thought it was okay for Karthik to be there, as he lends some experience in the middle order batting and give some stability to a rather inexperienced players like Rishabh.

In hindsight, I feel that India not getting the middle order right, through the 4 years time from 2015 has hurt them a lot.

Rohit was disappointed, Kohli too and Dhoni was crying after he got out. He did his best as always, but time must have come. His absence would have made the team to not enter semis also may be.

He has made 2 wrong lbw calls by asking Kohli to not take, then in the semi finals he was silent when bhuvi thought he trapped Guptill and this time Kohli got it wrong.

One of the most unexpected thing was that India will lose due to batting as they were batters till No.9 which they kept as a strategy, but even then it failed.

Jadeja was the highlight of the day for India. In the end Dhoni tried to accelerate but could not, and hence Jadeja tried doing so, but by taking risk, which he did not take till that time, and he got dismissed.

Dhoni's run out was the most heart breaking moment of the match. He backed himself, but Guptill was better on the day.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Sad ending of world cup 2019 for Indians. Now it is history and time to gossip.

I don't think it's sad ending but a bad day for our top three. I think the Indian team will make a lot of changes like Jadhav, Shankar, Karthik and select some players like Shreyas Ayyar, Shubham Gill, Saini in place of some of the present members.

suni51 wrote:

I don't think it's sad ending but a bad day for our top three. I think the Indian team will make a lot of changes like Jadhav, Shankar, Karthik and select some players like Shreyas Ayyar, Shubham Gill, Saini in place of some of the present members.

Cricket is game of day, so you are right that it was bad day for top three, We wants to see India in final so it is sad ending for us.

Although India did not feature, still the match played between New Zealand and England was the best ever world cup final I have ever seen. It was thrilling and engrossing till the very end. We also witnessed the first ever super over in the ODIs. However, having said all that, I felt the super over also getting tied was not only dramatic but unfortunate at the same time. Felt sad for the Black Caps as they finally lost the match on the boundaries count. I felt there should have been one more super over in order to decide a clear and deserving winner. In other sports like tennis we have tie-breakers, and it goes on till the winner is decided. Similarly, in football we have tie-breaks as well, and even sudden deaths if required. Therefore, ICC should give a close look at their rules for further clarity in the future matches.

Thank you said by: suni51, usha manohar

Even though the final was great but what I feel that the match should have been decided who lost more wickets. The other solution was to declare both of them joint winner. Also, the 6 runs instead of 5 for the overthrow in last over by T Boult was a wrong decision. Selecting a winner based on more boundaries hit rule is absolutely ridicules. 

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

Although India did not feature, still the match played between New Zealand and England was the best ever world cup final I have ever seen. It was thrilling and engrossing till the very end. We also witnessed the first ever super over in the ODIs. However, having said all that, I felt the super over also getting tied was not only dramatic but unfortunate at the same time. Felt sad for the Black Caps as they finally lost the match on the boundaries count. I felt there should have been one more super over in order to decide a clear and deserving winner. In other sports like tennis we have tie-breakers, and it goes on till the winner is decided. Similarly, in football we have tie-breaks as well, and even sudden deaths if required. Therefore, ICC should give a close look at their rules for further clarity in the future matches.

Although England won, everyones heart went out to the NewZeland team because they were more than equal and deserved to win. Luck played a great factor for Englands win.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.