The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

True, also because there are only 10 teams this time, the competition is going to be fierce and there is less room for error.

No team can be taken lightly at all. The Margin for error is very minute relatively.

There is a chance that in the Top 4 one can see 1 un expected team making it.

New team like Afganistan is playing well and have some good players. Bangladesh is also good team of one day. It is capable in reaching Top 4.

Yes you are right Afghanistan have some quality players. However, I don't see them making into the top 4.

epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

England marches forward with 4-0 thrashing of Pakistan. Their preparations appear perfect ahead of the world cup. They are clearly the favorites. However, there have been many instances where the favorites didn't actually go on to win the tournament.

Actually I think we are trying to convince our minds that England will choke, they will be like the favorites who will not win and all that. However they look very strong, agile and like a complete team.

They look in an ideal space to be honest.

The only thing that can make this team lose will be their nerves on the back of their history of not winning at home ground, that's all it boils down to. Hope the nerves get the better of them.

With the kind of team England have this seems to be their strongest in the last 5 years at least in ODIs. England have so many options in their armory, especially, in the bowling department.

I feel a team like Pakistan should not be underestimated as well. They registered big totals of 300 plus consistently against a team like England in the recent ODI series between the two teams leading up to the world cup. So, one thing is clear that their batting clicked (which has always been a worry in the big tournaments). Moreover, their talented leg spinner Shadab Khan will be back in action in the world cup. Shadab missed the series against England due to illness. Although Pakistan lost the series against a formidable English side, they can surely do well against other teams in the world cup. Having said that, being an Indian, I will always cheer for Team India when the two arch rivals India and Pakistan lock horns on 16th June at Old Trafford.

The way India played first match was very disheartening right from batting, fielding and bowling.

179 all out is not a good sign.

Bhuvi was not good even in swinging conditions. Hope he finds some rythm in second match as he takes some time to find his groove.

Australia played exceedingly well on the other hand.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

The way India played first match was very disheartening right from batting, fielding and bowling.

179 all out is not a good sign.

Bhuvi was not good even in swinging conditions. Hope he finds some rythm in second match as he takes some time to find his groove.

Australia played exceedingly well on the other hand.

Yes Australia played well against England. Steve Smith batted brilliantly. In the game against New Zealand, the pitch suited the Kiwis. Green tinge and lot of swing. Hopefully this was only a practice match for Team India. They will learn from it.

Bhuvi should have been lethal in such conditions. He had a good practice pitch to exploit his strengths. However he could not begin well as is his tendency. Hope he finds his strings.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Saurav Banerjee wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

True, also because there are only 10 teams this time, the competition is going to be fierce and there is less room for error.

No team can be taken lightly at all. The Margin for error is very minute relatively.

There is a chance that in the Top 4 one can see 1 un expected team making it.

New team like Afganistan is playing well and have some good players. Bangladesh is also good team of one day. It is capable in reaching Top 4.

Yes you are right Afghanistan have some quality players. However, I don't see them making into the top 4.

Yes it is right.  Players of Afghanistan are talented but they have not enough experience. But I am saying it again that cricket is game of uncertainty, so nothing  is impossible.

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
epraneeth77 wrote:

Bhuvi should have been lethal in such conditions. He had a good practice pitch to exploit his strengths. However he could not begin well as is his tendency. Hope he finds his strings.

Yes hope Bhuvi will find his rhythm once the tournament begins. He can bat a bit as well.

The silver lining in the New Zealand match was the way Jadeja batted ! He appeared both brave and confident.

Australia played well today but their strategy was to try as many players as possible so they shuffled players and also changed their regular positions. I think this is not the right time for experimenting as it could play a negative role on players' mind. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
suni51 wrote:

Australia played well today but their strategy was to try as many players as possible so they shuffled players and also changed their regular positions. I think this is not the right time for experimenting as it could play a negative role on players' mind. 

Yes you are right. Perhaps the Australian think team wanted to give match practice and a feel of the conditions in England to as many players as possible before the real tournament starts.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.