The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I think West Indian bowlers did the most harm to their chance of winning the game by giving away too many runs as wide. Umpires play a great role too in defeating WI by giving as many as 6 wrong decisions. Gail was out by a NO Ball and even the TV umpire did not notice it. I think if the trend goes on then India will also face the same problem against Australia in their next match.  

Actually, the ball before Chris Gayle got out was a big front foot No Ball. The umpires missed it. Had it been called a NO Ball, then it would have been a Free Hit on the next ball on which Gayle was eventually adjudged leg before wicket.

Yes the umpiring throughout the match was not up to the international standards. I felt most of the critical errors were made by the on-field Sri Lankan umpire. In a big tournament like this, such errors are not at all desirable. They can be really disheartening for the players and the fans.

Same, in fact if the previous ball was declared a no ball the ball on Gail got out could have gone for a big six. WI needed 280 and Gail is able to score 180 out of those 280 on his day. What I feel is that WI is always on the wrong end when it comes to wrong decisions. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
suni51 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I think West Indian bowlers did the most harm to their chance of winning the game by giving away too many runs as wide. Umpires play a great role too in defeating WI by giving as many as 6 wrong decisions. Gail was out by a NO Ball and even the TV umpire did not notice it. I think if the trend goes on then India will also face the same problem against Australia in their next match.  

Actually, the ball before Chris Gayle got out was a big front foot No Ball. The umpires missed it. Had it been called a NO Ball, then it would have been a Free Hit on the next ball on which Gayle was eventually adjudged leg before wicket.

Yes the umpiring throughout the match was not up to the international standards. I felt most of the critical errors were made by the on-field Sri Lankan umpire. In a big tournament like this, such errors are not at all desirable. They can be really disheartening for the players and the fans.

Same, in fact if the previous ball was declared a no ball the ball on Gail got out could have gone for a big six. WI needed 280 and Gail is able to score 180 out of those 280 on his day. What I feel is that WI is always on the wrong end when it comes to wrong decisions. 

Yes such type of umpiring is very unfortunate for the game of cricket. In the last Football World Cup we witnessed how the referees favored the big European nations when it came to close decisions. So, these type of unfortunate things are happening in other sports also. What I feel is that officials in charge of the match whether an umpire or a referee hesitate to go against big countries to save their own face. In this case, Australia being the 5 time World Champions and with a powerful media team, umpires feel its safe to give the decisions in their favor when it's a 50-50 scenario.

I think Sri Lanka umpire is depressed by his team performance and hence unable to focus on the match. ;)

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

I have a feeling that England will come hard at Bangladesh in today's match after their surprise defeat against Pakistan. Therefore, expecting Morgan and his men to be back in their winning ways. In the other match to be played today, I don't see Afghanistan making an upset against a team like New Zealand.

Thank you said by: suni51

I think Baristo is going to play big innings today provided he is not sidelined for anther opener waiting in the wings. Archer is another one who will go a ll out to prove his bowling talent.

Bairstow scored a run a ball fifty and was looking good.

I think Bangladesh decision to bowl first has backfired as England look on course for a big total.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

I have a feeling that England will come hard at Bangladesh in today's match after their surprise defeat against Pakistan. Therefore, expecting Morgan and his men to be back in their winning ways. In the other match to be played today, I don't see Afghanistan making an upset against a team like New Zealand.

Ya, I am thinking they will crush them. But as of now they are playing rather moderately. May be they will up the ante after 40 overs.

England seems to be a very strong side this world Cup

Now we are all waiting for the next match of India tomorrow.  Hope we get to see some good game tomorrow. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I believe Australia are the favorites in today's match against India. This is mainly because of their recent form and their convincing victories in the last ODI series played between the two nations on Indian soil itself. Australia came back from being 0-2 down to eventually clinch the series 3-2. To beat India on their home turf and that too without the services of key players like Smith, Warner and Starc, will give Aussies enough confidence going into today's match. However, I am sure India have their own plans to blunt the Aussie threat.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

In my views if Australians have an upper hand the only reason is that our openers are in uncertain form. While Rohit hit a good century in previous match Dhavan's form is not in the best of his form lately. He is going through a bad phase which is matter of concern and so is Virat who is not playing his usual self for some time now. Maybe his his confidence level has gone down after IPL thrashing.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.