The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Now Rain is in the top position with 8 Points from 4 matches, next come New Zealand, Australia & India.

Rain is looking ominious at the moment and it will not be a surprise if it usurps the Trophy this year!

Yesterday I finished my on line work before 3 PM because I want to watch full ,match. I wait for it till the match aborted. It disappointed me. Now India have match with Pakistan on Sunday. It is hottest match of tournament. I am praying that there will  no rain on Sunday.

Let's keep our fingers crossed as the weather forecast for June 16th is also not good. There's forecast for an overcast sky and intermittent showers on Sunday, the match day between India and Pakistan at Old Trafford. Interestingly, if the match takes place, it's going to be the first match of this tournament at this venue.

Thank you said by: suni51

I think it was a bad decision to organize this premier tournament in England in the first place. The ideal places for this tournament during this season are Australia and New Zealand where weather is pleasant and very little or no rain. India is too hot and other countries have no infra structure. Even England is not fully prepared for providing facilities to teams. The grounds have not enough covers or facilities to dry or drainage system. England is a totally useless place for such a tournament. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It has been raining for the past few days in Old Trafford. Even the logos to be painted on the grass are not yet painted. However the forecast on match day is better. Hope there will be a match.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

suni51 wrote:

I think it was a bad decision to organize this premier tournament in England in the first place. The ideal places for this tournament during this season are Australia and New Zealand where weather is pleasant and very little or no rain. India is too hot and other countries have no infra structure. Even England is not fully prepared for providing facilities to teams. The grounds have not enough covers or facilities to dry or drainage system. England is a totally useless place for such a tournament. 

The last Cricket World Cup in 2015 was hosted by Australia and New Zealand. So, these two countries were automatically out of contention for the next edition of the world cup being played this year I guess.

Yes I agree with you completely that the organizers in England are not at all well-prepared this year to host a big cricketing tournament like this.

In the meantime, Australia take on Sri Lanka today at the Oval. Sri Lanka have already complained of green pitches being dished out their way deliberately in every match that they have played. So, we will have to see how it goes today. In an another match, South Africa take on Afghanistan today.

Saurav Banerjee wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Now Rain is in the top position with 8 Points from 4 matches, next come New Zealand, Australia & India.

Rain is looking ominious at the moment and it will not be a surprise if it usurps the Trophy this year!

Yesterday I finished my on line work before 3 PM because I want to watch full ,match. I wait for it till the match aborted. It disappointed me. Now India have match with Pakistan on Sunday. It is hottest match of tournament. I am praying that there will  no rain on Sunday.

Let's keep our fingers crossed as the weather forecast for June 16th is also not good. There's forecast for an overcast sky and intermittent showers on Sunday, the match day between India and Pakistan at Old Trafford. Interestingly, if the match takes place, it's going to be the first match of this tournament at this venue.

If there is rain tomorrow it will disappointed us but peoples who are reached there to watch match disappointed much more than us. Price of ticket of this match is 800-900 pounds. I read is newspaper that little country Sri Lanka have facility of covering whole ground and drying ground with in an hours. It is sad that a rich country UK have not this facility.

I totally agree with Sunil.  It's a wrong decision to have it in UK.  It is so unpredictable with rain there.  And rain has already ruined few matches.  Tomorrow match is so much sought after by Cricket lovers.  If there is rain and points shared,  Pakistan would be in advantage.  Let's keep our fingers crossed. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

If it rains tomorrow and the match gets abandoned, Pakistan would definitely feel lucky to steal a point from India. This is because their record against India in the world cups is pathetic.

However, I feel the team that has been the most lucky in this edition of the world cup so far is New Zealand. This is because their matches against the relatively weaker teams in the tournament didn't get abandoned due to rain. As a result, New Zealand didn't have to share points with teams like Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. So, this has definitely put the Kiwis in great advantage going ahead in the tournament.

We can say the same about Australia too. They haven't lost any match due to rain but I would say if the match today is called of or shortened today, it will be a great loss for Indian team. India will remain in 4th position but Pakistan will go up at 5th or 6th from its 9th position right now.

I think this tournament should get a new name  World Cup>>>> Rain Cup  

Indians are rain-dancing in India for rain here but Indians are reverse rain dancing in England.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee

I heard India were able to practice yesterday as the weather was somewhat okay. However, the absence of Dhawan in the playing XI remains as a big worry. It's also still not very clear whether India will go with an additional pacer or two spinners in the match. Moreover, it's almost impossible to predict how a team like Pakistan will perform on a given day.

One good thing for India though is that Pakistan would definitely feel more pressure as their chances of reaching the top four in the tournament depends a lot on this match.

My best wishes for Team India !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

India has outclassed Pakistan in all facets of the game on Sunday, recording their 7th victory in world cup against Pakistan to Zero wins of Pakistan, that too despite Bhuvi not able to bowl early into the innings with tight hammy, Virat declaring himself out even as Umpire did not give and Virat did not edge the ball. Also Shikar was not playing.

One of the biggest thing of this match was that it happened in the first place as rain was predicted throughout the second half as showers. But it stayed away for most part thankfully.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.