Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
suni51 wrote:

The way they played the last match minus Dhoni and Jadeja, I am totally shocked. They will have to work on their batting and bowling. 

It's good to see CSK back on track. Both Dhoni and Jadeja who missed the last match due to sickness played a good hand, and were actually instrumental in making the difference. It only goes on to show how important both of them are to CSK's winning chances.

The way Dhoni re invents himself, time and again is very refreshing.

There were heavy criticisms in the past 1 to 2 years about his form, one of whom was me too as I felt he is old enough at the age of 36 or so to play. Since he was captain as well, 36 was a good age to retire I felt, due to his form.

However, he persisted and not just persisted like other Batsman, but worked hard to re invent himself and be a vital cog in the Set up. This man cannot be understood by normal humans.

The way he contributes with the Bat currently and recently in the overseas series, his strong direction to the spinners and handling nervous last over thrillers, both in ODI's and T-20's is simply Amazing.

Kohli is namesake Captain, the real Captain is Dhoni, who makes effective changes in field during crucial and challenging moments of games, advises to the spinners and the way he keeps and stumps the Batsman.

GOAT of Cricket.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
suni51 wrote:

The way they played the last match minus Dhoni and Jadeja, I am totally shocked. They will have to work on their batting and bowling. 

It's good to see CSK back on track. Both Dhoni and Jadeja who missed the last match due to sickness played a good hand, and were actually instrumental in making the difference. It only goes on to show how important both of them are to CSK's winning chances.

There were heavy criticisms in the past 1 to 2 years about his form, one of whom was me too as I felt he is old enough at the age of 36 or so to play. Since he was captain as well, 36 was a good age to retire I felt, due to his form.

However, he persisted and not just persisted like other Batsman, but worked hard to re invent himself and be a vital cog in the Set up. This man cannot be understood by normal humans.

The way he contributes with the Bat currently and recently in the overseas series, his strong direction to the spinners and handling nervous last over thrillers, both in ODI's and T-20's is simply Amazing.

Kohli is namesake Captain, the real Captain is Dhoni, who makes effective changes in field during crucial and challenging moments of games, advises to the spinners and the way he keeps and stumps the Batsman.

GOAT of Cricket.

Hi, what do you mean by the term when you say Goat of Cricket ? And who according to you is Goat of Cricket ?

Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
suni51 wrote:

GOAT of Cricket.

Hi, what do you mean by the term when you say Goat of Cricket ? And who according to you is Goat of Cricket ?

Greatest of All Time (GOAT). Dhoni is the GOAT of Cricket.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
epraneeth77 wrote:

Out of the 4 losses that CSK had endured, 2 of those losses were under Raina Captaincy. Raina has not captained that good. The other 2 losses were under Dhoni out of which one was a 1 run loss.

Dhoni is a massive difference maker for CSK.

Yes the 1 run loss suffered by CSK was against RCB. Dhoni almost single handedly won the match for CSK in the last over bowled by RCB's Umesh Yadav. Unfortunately, Dhoni missed the last ball which was a slower delivery, and while taking a quick single, wicket-keeper Parthiv Patel hit the stumps directly resulting the run out of Shardul Thakur. We all love IPL for these types of thrilling finishes ! Don't we?

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Now, the stage is set for the play-offs with MI, CSK, DC and SRH. The qualifier 1 is set to be played at Chennai and the eliminator and qualifier 2 at Visakhapatnam. On the other hand, the grand final to be hosted by Hyderabad. So, what do you think friends which two teams are going to make the finals?

I think MI & CSK should be the ones.

DC has shown enough maturity in the league end stages, however SRH might win in the Quarter final as it has good captain.

Though SRH is in transition with the loss or 2 big hitters in the top of the order I think Kane is good enought to handle the transition to win against DC. The experience of Kane might be the crucial factor in SRH vs DC. DC lost Kagiso Rabada as well who is a vital cog for them in bowling.

I am favouring MI to win this time as has been the case so far when these 2 teams met in finals, which is why I like the way Rohit captains a side. To beat a team headed by Dhoni in 2 finals in IPL is no easy feat!

Rohit Sharma's form however is a concern for Indian team. He hasn't been fluent at all. Hope he hits a hundred or so to find his groove just in time.

I tell you something, Rohit is good when there is no pressure but when the situation is tensed he always departs early. Today will be no exception. I am sure CSK will make it to the finale and probably today itself.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
suni51 wrote:

I tell you something, Rohit is good when there is no pressure but when the situation is tensed he always departs early. Today will be no exception. I am sure CSK will make it to the finale and probably today itself.

I completely agree with you on this. I feel when it's a high pressure situation, Dhoni handles it the best. There has always been a question mark on Rohit Sharma's temperament though.

Thank you said by: suni51

MI Prevail again. I think Dhoni should have batted first on that slow deck. However, matches in Chennai have been very sportive, with both Batting first teams and batting second teams winning in the league stages.

Since it was not a close match, MI  came up trumps. Dhoni is a master in close matches, be it their team batting with him at the crease, or his team bowling with Dhoni behind the stumps.

Probably, that's why MI did not take the match deep as they would have known the management and strategical skills of the opposition skipper who would create a tense atmosphere by changing field positions and taking his time.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.