Viewsonic's new tablet has a unique solution for consumers who are still clinging to Microsoft's Windows, even as Google's Android operating system gains traction: It offers both.

The ViewPad 10 is a dual-boot unit. It can launch either Windows 7 or Android as you start the computer.

Out of the box, the specs are impressive. The ViewPad has a 10.1-inch display, which is larger than the iPad's 9.7 inches. It weighs less than two pounds, has built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and is stuffed with a relatively fast Intel 1.66 GHz processor. It costs $599 for the 16-gigabyte version, and $679 for double the memory.

The ViewPad has a built-in camera. The resolution is just 1.3 megapixels, well short of what the iPhone and other smartphones offer. So, don't expect great images.

The device also features a mini VGA port, a standard audio jack, two USB ports and a MicroSD card slot. It's pretty full-featured for a tablet.

The computer comes with Windows 7 Home Premium installed, and I updated the test unit with version 2.2 of Android, also known as Froyo.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/sci-tech/gadgets/review-viewpad-10-features-windows-and-android-512
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think it is a great news for those who were at a fix whether to go for Windows operating system or to choose Android platform. I think this gadget ViewPad 10 has surely found a solution for them as it contains both. I hope this will break all the records of sale in the future provided it could serve the customer with out any bug...
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.