Nobody objects to social justice. Reservation of scheduled castes and tribes at entry level may be accepted as a measure to bring about social equality. But once employed, reservation in promotion can not be considered as just and proper. is this not merely vote bank politics. supreme court had struck down the reservation in promotion. But constitution is being amended to reverse the apex court Decision.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/centre-to-move-bill-on-quota-in-promotions/986168/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I totally agree with your views ! There is no justification to carry through with the reservations - first it was education, then it was jobs and now it is promotions...It is all about votes and the coming general elections !
In fact, I feel that any reservation ,even in education should be based on the financial condition of the family...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The founding fathers of our Constitution envisaged a Ten Year time horizon for reservation which is now threatening to become a permanent feature and I apprehend would be followed till such date when merit is completely destroyed in this country!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
If the reservation is brought into promotions also, what little sanity if left remaining will also be destroyed! :angry:

Even 65 years after having attained independence, why is reservation still so crucial? Because it has been made a permanent feature, there is deterioration of quality in many fields, especially education. The reason why more intelligent young men and women prefer to migrate where there intelligence and skill will be recognized better than in their own country!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If the reservation is brought into promotions also, what little sanity if left remaining will also be destroyed! :angry:

Even 65 years after having attained independence, why is reservation still so crucial? Because it has been made a permanent feature, there is deterioration of quality in many fields, especially education. The reason why more intelligent young men and women prefer to migrate where there intelligence and skill will be recognized better than in their own country!

Exactly ! I know of a neighbor who scored 86% went into depression when he couldn't get into the branch of his choice at REC Suratkal whereas his own friend with just 54% got the seat and he limped his way through the course to finish it after 6 years instead of 4 ! Where is the justification ?
My neighbor , though had to be given psychiatric counselling finally did well in his studies and is now doing his MS ...Honestly the whole thing makes me feel sick !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
There must not be reservation anywhere except in trains. This is just queue system. It is okay to give everyone best opportunity for education since birth. But it is anti national to ignore merit. and promote inefficiency.

There must not be reservation anywhere except in trains. This is just queue system. It is okay to give everyone best opportunity for education since birth. But it is anti national to ignore merit. and promote inefficiency.

I agree! After we gained independence, India was struggling with class biases and reservation in education and even employment was necessary to bring backward classes into mainstream. But now after 65 years, those same conditions do not remain, now it is imperative that merit alone be the sole criteria hence all kinds of reservation, except in trains, be abolished. Only then can we achieve healthy growth in all sectors.

I agree! After we gained independence, India was struggling with class biases and reservation in education and even employment was necessary to bring backward classes into mainstream. But now after 65 years, those same conditions do not remain, now it is imperative that merit alone be the sole criteria hence all kinds of reservation, except in trains, be abolished. Only then can we achieve healthy growth in all sectors.

I think it is already too late to abolish it, in fact it has become deep rooted and spreading its tentacles to religion as well, with state governments more than eager to bring in more reservations...You know the general category is a mere 36% with the rest being reserved for various castes,tribes,political sufferers,MLA quota,political quota ,minorities quota etc etc. A couple of decades earlier apparently the reservation was just 21% of the total seats, so we can see where things are going :dry: :unsure:

I think it is already too late to abolish it, in fact it has become deep rooted and spreading its tentacles to religion as well, with state governments more than eager to bring in more reservations...You know the general category is a mere 36% with the rest being reserved for various castes,tribes,political sufferers,MLA quota,political quota ,minorities quota etc etc. A couple of decades earlier apparently the reservation was just 21% of the total seats, so we can see where things are going :dry: :unsure:

Even if reservation is unavoidable, the facility should be given once only and not at every stage. If one has got an entry in govt job by dint of reservation, there is no reason why he be given more opportunity second or third time by way of promotion also.

India will remain far behind for another 50 years because of such amendments. The backwardness in India in its all sphere is because of such amendments.
[quote]usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:

Even if reservation is unavoidable, the facility should be given once only and not at every stage. If one has got an entry in govt job by dint of reservation, there is no reason why he be given more opportunity second or third time by way of promotion also. [/quote]

but does it really work. My personal experience is that merit is never favored even in places where skill is actually needed. I have some friends working in the University of Pune and my elder brother-in-law is principal of a renowned engineering college in Nashik, also affiliated to University of Pune and what we hear from them all are nothing short of horror. In such an esteemed educational organization, Brahmins are purposely shunned and not given promotions, those who still stick to their jobs valiantly go through planned torture and harassment at all stages! :sick: Same is the case with other government jobs, now the truth is no Brahmin girl or boy ever attempts to secure a government job, I tried once I had to give up!! :angry:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.