There is protest in Tamil Nadu against the Koodankulam Nuclear plant. According to report, there is fast in a church in the region. One person died as a result of fast. consequently, there is tension. There is resentment against police highhandedness. There were many arrests and many faced injuries in police action. Some are missing.

The people fear that the plant will spew 50 trillion Becquerels of radio nuclides every year into the air and discharge 70 tons of water at temperatures varying between 36- 45 degree centigrade?

Instead of meeting genuine concern of people, withdrawing the police force and initiating a dialogue with the protesting parties, there are wild accusations of foreign funds. The arrested persons should be released and confidence developed.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I firmly side with these hapless people and condemn the government for unleashing brutal force even charging the peaceful protesters with receiving inspiration from foreign elements. It has become very convenient for us to see foreign hands in every thing when we are utterly clueless about a problem. I don't see any merit in forcing things when the need of the hour was to earn the trust of these people. Whatever happened at Chernobyl and recently in Japan, everyone has uneasy thoughts about safety and security of these nuclear plants. Even in the West, more and more people are coming out against nuclear plants.
I firmly side with these hapless people and condemn the government for unleashing brutal force even charging the peaceful protesters with receiving inspiration from foreign elements. It has become very convenient for us to see foreign hands in every thing when we are utterly clueless about a problem. I don't see any merit in forcing things when the need of the hour was to earn the trust of these people. Whatever happened at Chernobyl and recently in Japan, everyone has uneasy thoughts about safety and security of these nuclear plants. Even in the West, more and more people are coming out against nuclear plants.

That's the problem and our government is sold out to the MNC's and they are paying so much hefty amount to get it working. Everyday govt. is blabbering about the positive points but don't let the negative things come out. If you can mail it your friends or any other people who can join them for support it will be great help. Just spread it as much as you can.

It makes me remember the recent incidents occurred in Japan. Though operated with care, nuclear plants are not free from natural calamities. That's the reason why many countries are not coming forward with this idea nowadays

Meera sandhu
It makes me remember the recent incidents occurred in Japan. Though operated with care, nuclear plants are not free from natural calamities. That's the reason why many countries are not coming forward with this idea nowadays

Yes and you know from last 21 years there has been no new nuclear plant has started in US. And even more and more countries are going towards green power. They are just putting the blindfold on people eyes on the name of energy crises. This is going to get worse. Our nature and seas and sea animals will be destroyed... :( :( :(

The situation in the region demands sympathetic consideration by government. All are with peoples' genuine concerns.

There are genuine concerns of people in the region. We had not yet forgotten Bhopal gas leak. The project needs to care for local population concern and rehabilitate them if dislocated and also take precaution against calamity that such project may give rise to.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think that posting of any letter from an organization is not proper. The forums are for posting your views only and cannot be a medium for some organization. So, I request kindly edit this post by replacement of your own views and delete the letter written by the concerned organization.

It was not from an organization. It was a forward from them on the behalf of that women voice or voice of the people fighting for it. I just want that letter to be read as it is else it would lose its significance.

I think that posting of any such letter from an organization is not proper. The forums are for posting your views only and cannot be a medium for some organization. So, I request kindly edit this post by replacement of your own views and delete the letter written by the concerned organization.[/quote]

No Gulshan sir.. It was not from an organization. It was a forward from them on the behalf of that women voice or voice of the people fighting for it. I just want that letter to be read as it is else it would have loose its significance.[/quote]

This is from 'Peoples' movement against nuclear energy.
Wrong or right, I am not commenting on contents therein. But this is letter from that organization that you reproduced. This does not seem correct. The forum is for members' views and not for writing verbatim other organizations' view. Please delete the letter and write your views only by editing the post.

[
I think that posting of any such letter from an organization is not proper. The forums are for posting your views only and cannot be a medium for some organization. So, I request kindly edit this post by replacement of your own views and delete the letter written by the concerned organization.[/quote]

No Gulshan sir.. It was not from an organization. It was a forward from them on the behalf of that women voice or voice of the people fighting for it. I just want that letter to be read as it is else it would have loose its significance.[/quote]

This is from 'Peoples' movement against nuclear energy.
Wrong or right, I am not commenting on contents therein. But this is letter from that organization that you reproduced. This does not seem correct. The forum is for members' views and not for writing verbatim other organizations' view. Please delete the letter and write your views only by editing the post.[/quote]

That's fine Gulshan ji. My idea was just to spread it. May be the way was not wrong.
You can please lock this thread.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.