The topic is locked.
After battling with his life for the last few days, Balasaheb Thakre breathed his last today around 3:30 this afternoon. He was very critical and was on respirator for last few days, but since yesterday he was responding much well to the treatments. But sadly, he passed away at the ripe age of 86! I only heard the news now and I am watching the full report on the TV!

May his soul rest in peace!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So sorry to know this sad news. India has lost one good leader who never was interested in power but welfare of this country. A true nationalist. May God rest his soul in peace.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

After battling with his life for the last few days, Balasaheb Thakre breathed his last today around 3:30 this afternoon. He was very critical and was on respirator for last few days, but since yesterday he was responding much well to the treatments. But sadly, he passed away at the ripe age of 86! I only heard the news now and I am watching the full report on the TV!

May his soul rest in peace![/quote

Sorry to know. But, he recovered and all thought he would be ok soon. Bal Thackery RIP
Hundreds of people had been keeping vigil outside his home in Mumbai for the last three days, even an old woman of 90 years had been there just for a single word of his well being. He has been a very controversial leader no doubt, but also a much loved person by hundreds of thousands in Maharashtra!

Hundreds of people had been keeping vigil outside his home in Mumbai for the last three days, even an old woman of 90 years had been there just for a single word of his well being. He has been a very controversial leader no doubt, but also a much loved person by hundreds of thousands in Maharashtra!

A straight forward and outspoken man. Naturally such people earn more enemies. But it matters little for a man of Bal Thackery's stature.
Yesterday i heard that his condition is improved and he will get well soon. But its a shocking news. He is a brave and bold leader.
For last 4 days I was watching the Television news that too in the night before going to bed and early in the morning to know about his health. Really we have lost the dynamic and real fighter for Maharashtra and country as such. May his Soul rest in peace and god give the strength to his followers.

He changed the political scenario in Maharashtra and was a very tall figure with immense clout...However controversial a figure he was ,one simply could not ignore him and his party in any major political events in the country !May his soul rest in peace

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

With demise of Bala Saheb Thakre, there is a vacuum which will not be filled easily.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

He changed the political scenario in Maharashtra and was a very tall figure with immense clout...However controversial a figure he was ,one simply could not ignore him and his party in any major political events in the country !May his soul rest in peace

That's right Usha! He was such a prominent person and so much loved by everyone, that since today afternoon after the official announcement of his demise was made, people all over Mumbai, Pune and Maharashtra started closing their shops and businesses etc all on their own! Last I checked some time back, the Pune-Mumbai expressway is packed tightly with everyone on their way to Mumbai!!

For last 4 days I was watching the Television news that too in the night before going to bed and early in the morning to know about his health. Really we have lost the dynamic and real fighter for Maharashtra and country as such. May his Soul rest in peace and god give the strength to his followers.

Welcome to boddunan, Shrihari! Yes, my husband was too glued to the TV whenever he was home for the last few days! We were so much relived yesterday when we heard the news that he was responding to the treatment! But let us face it, he was 86 :(

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.