The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
With demise of Bala Saheb Thakre, there is a vacuum which will not be filled easily.

There are sure going to major upheavals and changes in the Maharashtra's political scene now with his exit!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

:( yes very sad news, he was real marathi tiger.
After battling with his life for the last few days, Balasaheb Thakre breathed his last today around 3:30 this afternoon. He was very critical and was on respirator for last few days, but since yesterday he was responding much well to the treatments. But sadly, he passed away at the ripe age of 86! I only heard the news now and I am watching the full report on the TV!

May his soul rest in peace!
Yes no one can take place of Thakre.
With demise of Bala Saheb Thakre, there is a vacuum which will not be filled easily.
He was the only person who talk for Martha Manush. He was real welwisher of Marthi peoples.
After battling with his life for the last few days, Balasaheb Thakre breathed his last today around 3:30 this afternoon. He was very critical and was on respirator for last few days, but since yesterday he was responding much well to the treatments. But sadly, he passed away at the ripe age of 86! I only heard the news now and I am watching the full report on the TV!

He changed the political scenario in Maharashtra and was a very tall figure with immense clout...However controversial a figure he was ,one simply could not ignore him and his party in any major political events in the country !May his soul rest in peace
now who will be the supremo of Shiv Sean, Udhav or Raj Thakre?

There are sure going to major upheavals and changes in the Maharashtra's political scene now with his exit!!
May his soul rest in peace. He was a great leader and had earned a lot of respect.

Live in the present :)
Yes, he was a great leader for many years. Mumbai people love him very much. I give my heartly condolence to him.

Want to make each day Accountable

He changed the political scenario in Maharashtra and was a very tall figure with immense clout...However controversial a figure he was ,one simply could not ignore him and his party in any major political events in the country !May his soul rest in peace

That's right Usha! He was such a prominent person and so much loved by everyone, that since today afternoon after the official announcement of his demise was made, people all over Mumbai, Pune and Maharashtra started closing their shops and businesses etc all on their own! Last I checked some time back, the Pune-Mumbai expressway is packed tightly with everyone on their way to Mumbai!!

The first time I visted Mubai a few years ago , everything was shut down because of a shivsena rally being held in Shivaji park in protest against the pakistani players playing cricket...I still remember our taxi fellow stopping at the venue and listening to what was being spoken and after we pressed him , took us to our detination.He was all praise for Bal Thackeray inspite of being from Mangalore and when asked why so , since Bal Thackeray had protested earlier wanting all mangalorean hotel keepers to leave mumbai and there were a lot of clashes those days. He said this keeps happening and now we have all cooled down and Bal Thackeray also realises that we work hard and contribute here ,and more than anything he loves south Indian vegetarian thalis ...lol

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Balasaheb Thakre was a good politician. He has done a lot for Maharashtra. This is a bad news.
Balasaheb Thakre was a good politician. He has done a lot for Maharashtra. This is a bad news.

Yes. I too heard in the news today about his political life. After he started the political party, he didn't claimed any position or post of minister while his party won the election in Maharastra with the alliance of BJP. What a man he is?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.