We have to get a new cheque book — add this to your list of 'things to do' before the New Year. You may not be able to use your old cheques from next year with the implementation of the new Cheque Trancation System (CTS-2010), which will eliminate physical movement of cheques for clearing. ..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9394]}

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/personal-finance/savings-centre/savings-news/check-your-cheque-status-only-those-in-new-format-will-be-honoured-from-january-1/articleshow/17457617.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
what is the reason behind replacing the old cheque book by new one?

Want to make each day Accountable

I have given a link below the picture in my post Ronark which will give you all the relevant information as to why it is being done, I guess we all have to look into it now... :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have given a link below the picture in my post Ronark which will give you all the relevant information as to why it is being done, I guess we all have to look into it now... :)

All the banks have already explained about CTS (Cheque Transaction System) to their customers. From 01 Jan 2013, Old cheques can not be used.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Once I have read that Bank will send this cheque book to everybody, So don't worry ,Any querry please contact with bank.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Noted. Thanks for the new information! :cheer:

Mala Jaiswar
Thank you said by: usha manohar
We have to get a new cheque book — add this to your list of 'things to do' before the New Year. You may not be able to use your old cheques from next year with the implementation of the new Cheque Trancation System (CTS-2010), which will eliminate physical movement of cheques for clearing. ..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9394]}

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/personal-finance/savings-centre/savings-news/check-your-cheque-status-only-those-in-new-format-will-be-honoured-from-january-1/articleshow/17457617.cms

Thanks for the valuable information Usha ji. I too already added it in my "To do" list.
Really a great information provided by this thread.I think I will go to bank and demand a new cheque book for me.
Once I have read that Bank will send this cheque book to everybody, So don't worry ,Any querry please contact with bank.

True. your concerned bank will ask you to collect or send the new cheque book to you. I will go and collect my new chequebook from the counter itself

True. your concerned bank will ask you to collect or send the new cheque book to you. I will go and collect my new chequebook from the counter itself

I too do the same, ask them to keep it on the premises and collect rather than being sent by post...once I lost a cheque book sent by speed post.It was not delivered to me and neither was it sent back to the bank, and it was a complicated process where I had to make a legal affidavit etc ...

Till now I didn't got any such information but I will contact my nearest branch for this new system.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.