Mumbai the pride of India and the dream city of all aspiring stars has another record now...It has been voted the filthiest city in the world, is there any doubt about it ? :dry:

http://www.emirates247.com/videos/india-s-pride-mumbai-world-s-dirtiest-city-2012-12-17-1.487557

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The only clean city that i have seen is Shimla and those heard are Bangalore and Chandigarh. There is utter lack of civil sense. People attempt to clean their house but make public places dirty.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The only clean city that i have seen is Shimla and those heard are Bangalore and Chandigarh. There is utter lack of civil sense. People attempt to clean their house but make public places dirty.

Bangalore used to be a clean city a decade ago but not any more, it is also becoming a very dirty city with garbage clearance problems and migratory population that lives on the street sides with no sanitary facilities , making the road sides and generally all parts of the city filthy !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It comes as no surprise because the poor city is bursting at its seams with astonishingly high population that it can actually accommodate! There is a lack of space for everything, the infrastructure is all crippling and crumbling beneath the weight of ever-increasing population, there is absolutely no stop to thousands of people entering the city on daily basis and living there on the streets. How can we expect it to remain clean?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

No, Bangalore is no more that city of gardens. I thought Kolkata tops the table when it comes to dirtiness in the cities.Now Mumbai snatched that honour from Kolkata. Poor Kolkata.

No, Bangalore is no more that city of gardens. I thought Kolkata tops the table when it comes to dirtiness in the cities.Now Mumbai snatched that honour from Kolkata. Poor Kolkata.

This is just a chance. No city is clean. People have same civic sense and same law everywhere. In fact, Mumbai being financial capital is more in lime light. Kolkata is neglected in all statistics and news. The terrorists also target Mumbai and Delhi ognoring other cities.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Chandigarh and Mysore is cleanest city in India.

This is very surprising that Mumbai's ranked is 27 in all the dirtiest cities surveyed.

Be positive
It comes as no surprise because the poor city is bursting at its seams with astonishingly high population that it can actually accommodate! There is a lack of space for everything, the infrastructure is all crippling and crumbling beneath the weight of ever-increasing population, there is absolutely no stop to thousands of people entering the city on daily basis and living there on the streets. How can we expect it to remain clean?

Yes that's true ! Mumbai used to be such a nice place in the early eighties but later became steadily dirtier...Our main problem is the population and everyone wants to come into bigger cities..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

This is just a chance. No city is clean. People have same civic sense and same law everywhere. In fact, Mumbai being financial capital is more in lime light. Kolkata is neglected in all statistics and news. The terrorists also target Mumbai and Delhi ognoring other cities.

That is because causing harm to cities that are the seat of economic and political power will disrupt and cripple any nation so only such cities are targeted always!! recently I have been to Indore which is literally strewn with heaps of garbage and trash everywhere you go, but such cities do not get surveyed in such reports, hence even though Mumbai may have ranked 27, it is only amongst the other cities that were included in the survey and hence we cannot call Mumbai dirty as a general rule!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes that's true ! Mumbai used to be such a nice place in the early eighties but later became steadily dirtier...Our main problem is the population and everyone wants to come into bigger cities..

That's because of living opportunities. Kolkata, when it was in its prime of Dirtiness, everybody including Bengalis used to curse Kolkata. But no body wants to leave Kolkata. Because Kolkata offers lot of living opportunities even to a man from the lowest strata of the society

That is because causing harm to cities that are the seat of economic and political power will disrupt and cripple any nation so only such cities are targeted always!! recently I have been to Indore which is literally strewn with heaps of garbage and trash everywhere you go, but such cities do not get surveyed in such reports, hence even though Mumbai may have ranked 27, it is only amongst the other cities that were included in the survey and hence we cannot call Mumbai dirty as a general rule!

I agree with that...Mexico city too is one of the filthiest cities so also a few cities in South America , but the difference is human defecation which is unique only to India and puts everyone off esp the foreign tourists who visit here !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.