Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The news has just come in that charges were framed against five of the six accused, and we can hope to see the conclusion within a matter of 2 or 3 months ...However, one wonders whether the sixth, supposedly juvenile ( in age only) criminal get away to wander free on the streets of Delhi and strike again ????

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Fast-track-court-frames-charges-against-5-Nirbhaya-gang-rape-accused/articleshow/18304821.cms

this thread makes me remember a Mammooty movie directed by Blessy in 2006. when I left the theatre its climax scene hurt me a lot. not only mine, but minds of all viewers might have filled with exactly the same thoughts....loop holes of our law. This incident is exactly the repetition of that movie's climax.
Mammooty's 13 year old was raped and killed by a shop keeper boy of 16. But since he is a junior, he was send to a juvenile home and after some months he returns back. the movie ends with the agonies shown by mamootty seeing him freely walking through the streets. he want to respond and even kill the boy. but will our laws allow that? :blink:

A minor differs from adults. There is always some issue on border line. The boy was just six months less than age of majority. But somewhere you need to draw a line. It needs be seen that minors are affected by the company they keep. In the Delhi case, the minor was in company of hardened criminals.Possibly, he may be reformed by living ofr some years in a reformatory.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think the case should be dealt crime based particularly if the criminal happens to be a minor in age. The judge should be the right person to decide whether the offender needs to be punished depending particular case basis and his mental standard. Three months here or there should not be cause of getting him acquitted of such heinous crime.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think the case should be dealt crime based particularly if the criminal happens to be a minor in age. The judge should be the right person to decide whether the offender needs to be punished depending particular case basis and his mental standard. Three months here or there should not be cause of getting him acquitted of such heinous crime.

The minor is not being prosecuted. He will be tried only by Juvenile court and sent to reformatory for sometime. He cannot be punished like adults.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51

The minor is not being prosecuted. He will be tried only by Juvenile court and sent to reformatory for sometime. He cannot be punished like adults.

It is a very delicate case and how much was he influenced by the conduct of his adults associates in going overboard perpetrating this heinous crime is for the juvenile court to decide. It is true that youths in their formative years tend to be very volatile and react in a manner which might border on insanity. Let us see if he is found to be a psychopath. If he is found to be one then he should not be allowed to take the shield of minority.

It is a very delicate case and how much was he influenced by the conduct of his adults associates in going overboard perpetrating this heinous crime is for the juvenile court to decide. It is true that youths in their formative years tend to be very volatile and react in a manner which might border on insanity. Let us see if he is found to be a psychopath. If he is found to be one then he should not be allowed to take the shield of minority.

Thats true, youngsters especially teenagers who have had a troubled background like a broken home or unstable parents, excessive physical abuse during growing years, tend to show very aggressive behavior. But, again do we have any procedure for reforming juvenile criminals them other than juvenile homes and remand homes , after which they are let free....I feel that when they come out after being through all that experience they will be full blown criminals..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thats true, youngsters especially teenagers who have had a troubled background like a broken home or unstable parents, excessive physical abuse during growing years, tend to show very aggressive behavior. But, again do we have any procedure for reforming juvenile criminals them other than juvenile homes and remand homes , after which they are let free....I feel that when they come out after being through all that experience they will be full blown criminals..

also society never treats them as normal kids even if they have been punished for minor mistakes. in most cases, such kids need to hide their identity or flee from the place to freely live in the society

Meera sandhu
Kid??? who can rape a helpless girl is not a kid. He should be punished also like others.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

yes I agree. In rare cases, he should not be treated as a child. we should look into the intensity of crime he has conducted. :evil: :evil: I heard from news, he is the person who was most interested in treating her brutally. :angry: if his mind is similar to that of normal kids, will he do so?

Meera sandhu

also society never treats them as normal kids even if they have been punished for minor mistakes. in most cases, such kids need to hide their identity or flee from the place to freely live in the society

He is far from being a kid since he is just a few months short of being an adult...it also shows the double standards of our society which on the one hand is repressive and when such a crime is committed tends to hide the fact, if not for the intensity and the brutality and the media coverage, probably the fellow would have gotten away with it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.