It may shock Indians especially those living in Mumbai and Delhi who feel that living in those cities is definitely not cheap, but this is what the statistics show taking into account many factors like consumer goods,transport,clothing among others ( 160 items in all )
Tokyo, Zurich, Singapore,Sydney were some of the most expensive cities in the world !

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/mumbai-delhi-among-worlds-cheapest-cities-to-live/articleshow/18352093.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I expected Kolkata will be included in this list as it also a cheap city, as I know.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
It may shock Indians especially those living in Mumbai and Delhi who feel that living in those cities is definitely not cheap, but this is what the statistics show taking into account many factors like consumer goods,transport,clothing among others ( 160 items in all )
Tokyo, Zurich, Singapore,Sydney were some of the most expensive cities in the world !

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/mumbai-delhi-among-worlds-cheapest-cities-to-live/articleshow/18352093.cms

I have very serious doubts about the finding especially Mumbai!!!
B) It is better to say Metro cities. Some city like Chandigarh is cheaper than Mumbai and Delhi but Chandigarh is not a metro city. th

Yes I too am unable to believe this since living in Mumbai is not cheap by any standards, house rents are one of the most expensive in the world..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes I too am unable to believe this since living in Mumbai is not cheap by any standards, house rents are one of the most expensive in the world..

But even though the housing in Mumbai is far from what anyone can afford, the transportation, food and vegetables etc. are much cheaper than what we get in Pune. There is a lot of other stuff too that is far more cheaper than other cities. Its the basic housing that is terribly expensive.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

But even though the housing in Mumbai is far from what anyone can afford, the transportation, food and vegetables etc. are much cheaper than what we get in Pune. There is a lot of other stuff too that is far more cheaper than other cities. Its the basic housing that is terribly expensive.

Yes shopping in Mumbai is great since you get just about everything and in abundance , be it food, clothing , accessories, books,music or anything for that matter...I have a feeling it is only these items that have been considered while making that assessment !

Yes shopping in Mumbai is great since you get just about everything and in abundance , be it food, clothing , accessories, books,music or anything for that matter...I have a feeling it is only these items that have been considered while making that assessment !

Probably only those considerations may have been used in the survey since they affect a common man more than other factors. If it were the housing costs, then Mumbai would be at the top of the list, definitely in the first five slot! As per my knowledge, a tiny 1BHK flat with a square foot area of only about 300 costs about one 80-90 lakhs!
mysmiley3.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Probably only those considerations may have been used in the survey since they affect a common man more than other factors. If it were the housing costs, then Mumbai would be at the top of the list, definitely in the first five slot! As per my knowledge, a tiny 1BHK flat with a square foot area of only about 300 costs about one 80-90 lakhs!

If I go broke paying rent of an exorbitant kind what am I left with to fill my stomach!!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10080]}

Perhaps the list included only those who live in their own buildings :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
Port Blair is an expensive city for Indian tourists, but for the foreigners it is very cheap like Nepal and Bangladesh tour to Indians are.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.