I wonder why they become MPs in the first place? just to add another feather in their cap? or is it because our politicians are so stupid that they want to have glamorous personalities around them, even if they dont do anything much except spend tax payers money...Earlier there were the likes of Nargis Dutt who did take a keen interest in the proceedings !

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/rekha-sachin-tendulkar-miss-first-part-of-budget-session-of-parliament-345696

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are many politicians whoes attendence is less in both the Parliament houses. Still nobody cares.

Rekha and Sachin Tendulkar are the new MPs. They are quite reluctant to attend the session of the house.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
There are many politicians whoes attendence is less in both the Parliament houses. Still nobody cares.

Rekha and Sachin Tendulkar are the new MPs. They are quite reluctant to attend the session of the house.

It is not a question of whether someone is new or old in a job or whether there are others who attend less then them or not. Let us not forget that ' two wrongs do not make one right.' The fact is that they have been given a responsibility which they should have fulfilled. If they feel reluctant to attend the session, they should not have accepted the responsibility of being a member of the house.

It is not a question of whether someone is new or old in a job or whether there are others who attend less then them or not. Let us not forget that ' two wrongs do not make one right.' The fact is that they have been given a responsibility which they should have fulfilled. If they feel reluctant to attend the session, they should not have accepted the responsibility of being a member of the house.

Its the other way round. Most of the celebrities who were honored with the membership of Parliament are active still in their respective fields in one way or other.. Without realizing this, if the state thrusts such honors on people. such things are (Absenteeism) bound to happen.
This is not good. When someone is given the honor and one has accepted it then he/she should not be ignorant for his/her duties. This is common things with the celebrities may be they have less time or they think politics is not their job.
An M.P. cannot be compelled to attend any day. All that an M.P. may lose is the allowance specifically paid for attending parliament. A political party may however compel its members to attend and vote in a certain way. These two MPs are nominated and do not belong to any party. Hence we need not bother about their attending or not attending parliament.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thats exactly my point ! Why go after responsibilities when you cannot shoulder them? Rekha is not a busy star and taking everything into account, her seniority and experience in the film world, if she is interested she can make her voice heard at least with regard to problems that are there in the film industry, but she has proved that she is not interested in such things..the same goes for Sachin, when it comes to other people and social work, they show their true colors..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thats exactly my point ! Why go after responsibilities when you cannot shoulder them? Rekha is not a busy star and taking everything into account, her seniority and experience in the film world, if she is interested she can make her voice heard at least with regard to problems that are there in the film industry, but she has proved that she is not interested in such things..the same goes for Sachin, when it comes to other people and social work, they show their true colors..

This is quite distressing, and in the first place they should not have accepted the place in the parliament if they knew that would not be able to attend proceedings for even a single day! Like you pointed out, what seems to be the problem Rekha has in being absent is something that should researched as she is not busy in the film world nor is she seen doing anything else! Sachin , we know is busy in his Cricket and advertisement assignments etc so should not have accepted it at all. :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

:side:

This is quite distressing, and in the first place they should not have accepted the place in the parliament if they knew that would not be able to attend proceedings for even a single day! Like you pointed out, what seems to be the problem Rekha has in being absent is something that should researched as she is not busy in the film world nor is she seen doing anything else! Sachin , we know is busy in his Cricket and advertisement assignments etc so should not have accepted it at all. :blink:

I have a feeling that the politicians thrust it on them, forcing them take on the post ! Unless the political parties have their priorities right nothing much would change I guess !

I think they took it for Padama awards and accepted it. It is not their's but government's fault that they have reserved seats for celebs for doing nothing even in upper house, as usual as in other government offices. They love vacations, strikes and similar activities. Our nation has become more of a CHUTTY PRADHAN country more than an agricultural oriented.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

:side:

I have a feeling that the politicians thrust it on them, forcing them take on the post ! Unless the political parties have their priorities right nothing much would change I guess !

That is the reason, because with these two, they were approached by the politicians to accept the role of MPs. Already we have seen other stars who have taken this role and have lived up to it, Smriti Irani being one of them for instance! The politicians do not have their priorities set straight and hence are only looking for something that will keep people's focus away from more critical and urgent issues!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.