I am watching a news bit about how famine-stricken citizens in Latur district have now resorted to entering stationery trains in order to bring water for their drinking and cooking purposes, they have to draw water from train lavatories while on the other side thousands of litres of water are wasted on upkeep of cricket pitches in various stadiums in Maharashtra and rest of the country!!!

What is happening to our country??? Should the citizens die from extreme thirst while some super rich get to satiate their hunger for entertainment in such inhuman manner by wasting water that sustains life! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Time to die from shame!!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am watching a news bit about how famine-stricken citizens in Latur district have now resorted to entering stationery trains in order to bring water for their drinking and cooking purposes, they have to draw water from train lavatories while on the other side thousands of litres of water are wasted on upkeep of cricket pitches in various stadiums in Maharashtra and rest of the country!!!

What is happening to our country??? Should the citizens die from extreme thirst while some super rich get to satiate their hunger for entertainment in such inhuman manner by wasting water that sustains life! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Although the current spell of drought which has gripped a vast tract of our land makes it all the more shockingly mindless, I never felt even remotely attracted to this farce packaged as 'cricket'. We belong to one of the rare class of nations whose rulers have smugly divorced themselves from real problems and concerns of common and got their priorities horribly wrong. Even at a time when India's yawning current account deficit figure has grown alarming enough there is none to calculate the foreign exchange outgo on this account!!!

It is indeed a tragedy that our leaders never seem to understand nor care for the common man , not even in cases where they have come from similar backgrounds and faced such situations in their villages and towns. We can only blame the people of this country for this , for having elected such leaders again and again ....I see people to being quite callous , washing their cars every day using water hose , whereas you see a long que in front of the public taps in Bangalore.It is such an unfortunate situation , that gets worse each year !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That's right. I don't think it's the right time to organize such matches in the country. And by the way, this time is generally a tough one for the common man due to the scarcity of water and to add to that are these IPL matches.
IPL inauguration ceremony is going to held in our city ie In Kolkata. We are waiting to see a Shahruk Dhamaka.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

It is indeed a tragedy that our leaders never seem to understand nor care for the common man , not even in cases where they have come from similar backgrounds and faced such situations in their villages and towns. We can only blame the people of this country for this , for having elected such leaders again and again ....I see people to being quite callous , washing their cars every day using water hose , whereas you see a long que in front of the public taps in Bangalore.It is such an unfortunate situation , that gets worse each year !

That's a pertinent point. The fault lies with the people. In this largest democracy of the world, we have a tradition of selling our votes for a plateful of Pulao and a packetful of Hooch. What more we can expect from such elected people?

Although the current spell of drought which has gripped a vast tract of our land makes it all the more shockingly mindless, I never felt even remotely attracted to this farce packaged as 'cricket'. We belong to one of the rare class of nations whose rulers have smugly divorced themselves from real problems and concerns of common and got their priorities horribly wrong. Even at a time when India's yawning current account deficit figure has grown alarming enough there is none to calculate the foreign exchange outgo on this account!!!

I have never cared for IPL either, since the day it started I have given up watching cricket altogether. IPL has killed the little sporting spirit that had remained in the game and has now become nothing but a huge, glitzy event managed by a bunch of politicians, bollywood stars and bookies out to make a quick buck. Yesterday I heard in a news analysis that almost a whopping amount of more than 2 billion dollars will leave this country once IPL ends this season!

And while people are scrambling around for more than 4-5 hours daily scavenging for what little water they can find, each stadium where IPL matches will be played, will spend 60 thousand litres water PER DAY just to keep the pitch wet! :blink: :blink:

People have no longer any moral or ethical responsibility towards the society, an irony in the face that we claim our country to be quite spiritual and religious, another example of double standards and hypocrisy. Well-educated people who make big talks about being responsible, helping others, etc. are the ones who wash their cars daily using up 100s of litres of water.

In face of severe famine, the biggies of Maharashtra state should have postponed the IPL matches for a later date or next year, but no, they will not do that otherwise how will they earn such whopping amounts of money?? and if some people, their livestock, and their farms have to die in the process, so be it!!! :angry: :blink:

IPL inauguration ceremony is going to held in our city ie In Kolkata. We are waiting to see a Shahruk Dhamaka.

I don't think there is anything like dhamaka or something like that. People are, if anything, interested in the matches, as far as I think. As for me, I no longer adore SRK now. So, I am not excited about the opening ceremony.

I don't think there is anything like dhamaka or something like that. People are, if anything, interested in the matches, as far as I think. As for me, I no longer adore SRK now. So, I am not excited about the opening ceremony.

Jennifer Lopez was also invited for the opening ceremony for huge amounts of fees, but since she demanded equally whopping fees for her dance troupe also, her performance was canceled! Much as I like JLo, the timing is not right and hence I am glad, her performance is canceled!

Jennifer Lopez was also invited for the opening ceremony for huge amounts of fees, but since she demanded equally whopping fees for her dance troupe also, her performance was canceled! Much as I like JLo, the timing is not right and hence I am glad, her performance is canceled!

I had written an article about this. So, I am aware of the details. By the way, I am neutral about this as I am not really into too much of these singers going worldwide to perform.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.