Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes i agree.In India many people are selfish.At the same time we should not mingle cricket, a game with other things..Government and each and every citizen has a role to improve our economic standard which in turn reduces such famines etc., and also we have to conduct such games and tournaments for the well being of our country specially our sportsmen.Country's growth should be put on all sides.

How does wasting thousands of litres of precious water for IPL matches reduce famines??? I would really appreciate it if you care to explain it to me as I am bit slow in the brains! And for improving ecdonomical situation, the only peoples' economic situation improves is only those who have are already stinking rich. Also it seems that you and many others are ignorant of the fact that more than 50% of revenues generated from IPL matches goes out of the country. So I would really really appreciate if you explain to me just how the economy of local regions here is improved and how is famine reduced by organising these matches!!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: anil
Yes i agree.In India many people are selfish.At the same time we should not mingle cricket, a game with other things..Government and each and every citizen has a role to improve our economic standard which in turn reduces such famines etc., and also we have to conduct such games and tournaments for the well being of our country specially our sportsmen.Country's growth should be put on all sides.

How does wasting thousands of litres of precious water for IPL matches reduce famines??? I would really appreciate it if you care to explain it to me as I am bit slow in the brains! And for improving ecdonomical situation, the only peoples' economic situation improves is only those who have are already stinking rich. Also it seems that you and many others are ignorant of the fact that more than 50% of revenues generated from IPL matches goes out of the country. So I would really really appreciate if you explain to me just how the economy of local regions here is improved and how is famine reduced by organising these matches!!!

In absolute terms, this may be thousands of liters of water. But what is the ratio of water used to total needs of the state. This may be very small. It also needs be seen whether all other functions involving use of water have been scrapped. It is state government's duty to consider all aspects and accordingly give or deny permission for events. But when the vent is permitted, we should not constantly oppose that.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In absolute terms, this may be thousands of liters of water. But what is the ratio of water used to total needs of the state. This may be very small. It also needs be seen whether all other functions involving use of water have been scrapped. It is state government's duty to consider all aspects and accordingly give or deny permission for events. But when the vent is permitted, we should not constantly oppose that.

The ratio may be small as compared to the needs of an entire state but when compared to the needs of actual drought-ridden villages in Maharashtra, the water that is used to maintain pitch around the major IPL stadiums throughout the country is enough to quench the thirst of at least 50 villages for an entire week.

And I am not opposing the event just for the sake of opposing, you definitely do not see the various news reports shown every day on Marathi news channels on the horrible conditions in these villages therefore you do not feel about this issue the way we people in Maharashtra do. :blink: :blink: Having said that, I think no one outside my state, especially people in North will appreciate this issue, hence no need to comment anything further. The general comments of most of you about this issue is enough to show the general sensitivity, or lack thereof to an extremely terrible plight of some people. So I am not commenting anything on this! Matter is closed thank you.

You may lock the thread if you so desire!

I only wish to add further that a sensible governance will have its priorities in the right sequence when some parts of any country is facing a natural or man-made disaster, which does not seem to be the case where cricket is concerned. Let the common people go bite the dust but the cricket matches must go on no matter what! :blink: Seems to be the attitude of the government, power holders and majority of common population of which I wish I were not a part of!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The ratio may be small as compared to the needs of an entire state but when compared to the needs of actual drought-ridden villages in Maharashtra, the water that is used to maintain pitch around the major IPL stadiums throughout the country is enough to quench the thirst of at least 50 villages for an entire week.

And I am not opposing the event just for the sake of opposing, you definitely do not see the various news reports shown every day on Marathi news channels on the horrible conditions in these villages therefore you do not feel about this issue the way we people in Maharashtra do. :blink: :blink: Having said that, I think no one outside my state, especially people in North will appreciate this issue, hence no need to comment anything further. The general comments of most of you about this issue is enough to show the general sensitivity, or lack thereof to an extremely terrible plight of some people. So I am not commenting anything on this! Matter is closed thank you.

You may lock the thread if you so desire!

I only wish to add further that a sensible governance will have its priorities in the right sequence when some parts of any country is facing a natural or man-made disaster, which does not seem to be the case where cricket is concerned. Let the common people go bite the dust but the cricket matches must go on no matter what! :blink: Seems to be the attitude of the government, power holders and majority of common population of which I wish I were not a part of!

We do not lock threads just because there is some difference of opinion. May be Non Maharashtrians are too far to see the gravity of the issue. But who is to decide? Maharashtra Govt. sees nothing wrong in organizing the match. It cannot be said that the state government is also remote from actual circumstances just like those out of the state. Then there are some organizations in Maharashtra who claim to be very sensitive about the regional issues. I wonder why they do not oppose the IPL considering the water shortage issue.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I am agree it is wasting of national resources. I read before some day that in one part of Maharashtra watery was supplying once in fifteen days. Ask cost of water to a farmer to a person who is not getting water for their daily use.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.