I heard someone asked this in a public meeting that why we do not have a waterways network while 2/3 of our country is surrounded by three different seas. That could have saved us from overload on our roads. Better connectivity and another network besides railway and road transport. Do you think a cargo carrier from Mumbai- Vizag rout was not a good possibility?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I heard someone asked this in a public meeting that why we do not have a waterways network while 2/3 of our country is surrounded by three different seas. That could have saved us from overload on our roads. Better connectivity and another network besides railway and road transport. Do you think a cargo carrier from Mumbai- Vizag rout was not a good possibility?

Certainly a good possibility. And it's there to transport container cargo. But they are inadequate. As you said , though we are surrounded by 3 seas, we have inadequate waterways. In fact like Railways and Roadways, we should have water ways for cheap cargo transporting.

Certainly a good possibility. And it's there to transport container cargo. But they are inadequate. As you said , though we are surrounded by 3 seas, we have inadequate waterways. In fact like Railways and Roadways, we should have water ways for cheap cargo transporting.

Just imagine all big cities like Mumbai, Goa, Mangalore, kochi, Trivendrum, whole of TN, Andhra, Bengal within that network, reduced load on roads and to top it all a new possibility of new jobs. We are capable of ship building and allied services.

Just imagine all big cities like Mumbai, Goa, Mangalore, kochi, Trivendrum, whole of TN, Andhra, Bengal within that network, reduced load on roads and to top it all a new possibility of new jobs. We are capable of ship building and allied services.

WE have two major ship building yards and Dock yards to cater to all the needs of a waterway that embraces the entire regions you mentioned, resulting in reduction of pressure on the already pressurized other conventional transport systems. What all we need is a firm resolve from the governments of different states.
Thank you said by: suni51

WE have two major ship building yards and Dock yards to cater to all the needs of a waterway that embraces the entire regions you mentioned, resulting in reduction of pressure on the already pressurized other conventional transport systems. What all we need is a firm resolve from the governments of different states.

I think it comes under central government's jurisdiction. Once the infrastructure is completed, probably states would come into picture, limited to managing local yards and security supervision.

I think it comes under central government's jurisdiction. Once the infrastructure is completed, probably states would come into picture, limited to managing local yards and security supervision.

Yes its a combined venture of Both state and central governments, though the ports and ship building yards are in the jurisdiction of Center

Yes its a combined venture of Both state and central governments, though the ports and ship building yards are in the jurisdiction of Center

Just imagine the number of jobs and new infrastructure doing wonders for people of India and revenue generation. Other benefits added advantages.

Just imagine the number of jobs and new infrastructure doing wonders for people of India and revenue generation. Other benefits added advantages.

Yes this shows our inability to utilise our vast resources. And the same reason applies to our River water utilization.

There are many small shipping and freighter vessels carrying cargo from eastern ports to the western ports, this is one of the reasons why the ramsetu would become much more useful by saving time and distance.Of course one can increase this by connecting the rivers as well , like it has been done in Calcutta where ships go interiors on Brahmaputra...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

There are many small shipping and freighter vessels carrying cargo from eastern ports to the western ports, this is one of the reasons why the ramsetu would become much more useful by saving time and distance.Of course one can increase this by connecting the rivers as well , like it has been done in Calcutta where ships go interiors on Brahmaputra...

I understand that there are few projects in eastern sector in rivers like Allahabad, Patna, Varanasi -kolkata transport service but these are only small vessels possible in rivers. I am looking forward for full fledged waterways services through seas.

Water transport is cheaper also but this s not adequate to transport goods to interior places on mainland. This can support only coastal cities or those near to sea coasts. Also, this is more time consuming.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.