Everyday when we see and read news of girls being raped cruelly and then killed or about baby foetuses being strangled even before they are born, I came across this heart-warming news where people plant 111 trees for each girl that is born in their village, and nurture those trees all throughout their lives. Thanks to the efforts of Shyam Sundar Paliwal, their former Sarpanch, people like him, Popat rao Pawar whom I had mentioned in another thread are the real life heroes!

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/a-village-that-plants-111-trees-for-every-girl-born-in-rajasthan/article4606735.ece

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That's really a heart-warming news. There are such people on whom the world rests, I guess. When we read aobut such people, the world looks beautiful suddenly. Great job and salutations to them!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Everyday when we see and read news of girls being raped cruelly and then killed or about baby foetuses being strangled even before they are born, I came across this heart-warming news where people plant 111 trees for each girl that is born in their village, and nurture those trees all throughout their lives. Thanks to the efforts of Shyam Sundar Paliwal, their former Sarpanch, people like him, Popat Shinde whom I had mentioned in another thread are the real life heroes!

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/a-village-that-plants-111-trees-for-every-girl-born-in-rajasthan/article4606735.ece

Yes I read it, they are doing great job. Here in my city every year some educations institute are giving package to girls for higher education.
This is just a great effort...especially when India's girl child mortality rate is high. The femicide rate is very high in rural India but the villagers of Rajsamand had proved that still humanity exists and the survival of human beings is dependent on nature. This will encourage other people to come forward and respect their female child.

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
This is just a great effort...especially when India's girl child mortality rate is high. The femicide rate is very high in rural India but the villagers of Rajsamand had proved that still humanity exists and the survival of human beings is dependent on nature. This will encourage other people to come forward and respect their female child.

True, female feticide is especially much higher in rural Rajasthan than other areas, so efforts of this one village is sure to make a gradual impact on the res other rural areas. What is even more amazing is that they are not just saving girl child but also planting trees on a large, nurturing them and saving the environment. I wish more and more people took this initiative.

Its a very welcoming news. It is more welcoming as so far Rajasthan was one of the states which has been rather infamous for practicing female infanticides.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Everyday when we see and read news of girls being raped cruelly and then killed or about baby foetuses being strangled even before they are born, I came across this heart-warming news where people plant 111 trees for each girl that is born in their village, and nurture those trees all throughout their lives. Thanks to the efforts of Shyam Sundar Paliwal, their former Sarpanch, people like him, Popat rao Pawar whom I had mentioned in another thread are the real life heroes!

It is great to hear about such selfless people and mist of them come from villages and smaller cities I notice where humanity is still very much a part of and parcel of life unike in large cities where you see someone falling off a bus or having an accident and people simply walk away not wanting to get involved !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is great to hear about such selfless people and mist of them come from villages and smaller cities I notice where humanity is still very much a part of and parcel of life unike in large cities where you see someone falling off a bus or having an accident and people simply walk away not wanting to get involved !

It's only due to such incidents, I reaffirm my faith on humanity. There is a ray of hope that assures me that not everything is lost.

True Usha! It is probably because in villages people do not still earn so much that they have developed more interest in material things rather than in people! In cities, you see people are becoming more and more indifferent to each other, even next door neighbours with whom one stays mostly forever!

This is really a good news and must salute to the people.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.