Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Manmohan Singh has beaten evven the musch criticised former president Pratibha Patil where travel and expenditure is concerned.He has spent a whopping 620 crores, making 67 trips during his tenure as Pm overtaking everybody else...Talk about double standards by our leaders especially the supposedly soft spoken and non corrupt Manmohan Singh !

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/prime-minister-spent-rs-620-cr-on-air-travel-on-foreign-trips-in-9-yrs/397318-37-64.html

This is a big expenditure. But this is not corruption. He went on official tours. He served one full term and another is coming to an end. There is nothing to indicate that any of his tour was for private purpose or undertaken by his family members in his name. The expenditure on P.M. trip is most probably inclusive of the delegations of officials and other experts who enter in various trade and other bilateral agreements. It may be recalled that no prime minister would ever travel alone as that would be useless. P.M. delegation may consist of even more than one hundred officers and experts.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Manmohan Singh has beaten evven the musch criticised former president Pratibha Patil where travel and expenditure is concerned.He has spent a whopping 620 crores, making 67 trips during his tenure as Pm overtaking everybody else...Talk about double standards by our leaders especially the supposedly soft spoken and non corrupt Manmohan Singh !

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/prime-minister-spent-rs-620-cr-on-air-travel-on-foreign-trips-in-9-yrs/397318-37-64.html

This is a big expenditure. But this is not corruption. He went on official tours. He served one full term and another is coming to an end. There is nothing to indicate that any of his tour was for private purpose or undertaken by his family members in his name. The expenditure on P.M. trip is most probably inclusive of the delegations of officials and other experts who enter in various trade and other bilateral agreements. It may be recalled that no prime minister would ever travel alone as that would be useless. P.M. delegation may consist of even more than one hundred officers and experts.

A developing country like ours doesnt need such expenditure ...and what has been achieveed after squandering all that money a big zero, a drooping economy and scams galore !!!!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Every singe tour of Obama costs about 20 million dollars to US exchequer that is almost 100 crors. If you compare this with our prime minister he is spending almost nothing.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

A developing country like ours doesnt need such expenditure ...and what has been achieveed after squandering all that money a big zero, a drooping economy and scams galore !!!!!

Spending on unproductive tours is nothing but drilling a hole in the exchequer.

Tours are for purpose. Prime minister does no travel for fun. Making blanket statements that tours are unproductive is just wild statement. I wonder if any government can function without official tours. All- ministers, officers/ bureaucrats- need to travel for official purpose. I also wonder if you will like to know under Right to information act purpose and result of each and every tour by all ministers and bureaucrats. If so, government will be more busy answering your questions rather than doing any work- productive or unproductive.

Tours are for purpose. Prime minister does no travel for fun. Making blanket statements that tours are unproductive is just wild statement. I wonder if any government can function without official tours. All- ministers, officers/ bureaucrats- need to travel for official purpose. I also wonder if you will like to know under Right to information act purpose and result of each and every tour by all ministers and bureaucrats. If so, government will be more busy answering your questions rather than doing any work- productive or unproductive.

Sure, tours are for a purpose. But when that purpose is not served, is it not the responsibility of the government to implement austerity measures? Purposes can be served even without a tour. Instead of PM going on the tour a diplomat can represent the PM. Protocols are waived off many times
These are the austerity measures supposed to be followed when the economic condition is in turbulence.
At the drop of a hat, government slaps 1000 austerity measures on a common man.
I'm not against PM's foreign tours. I'm for restricted tours with minimum entourage.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Sure, tours are for a purpose. But when that purpose is not served, is it not the responsibility of the government to implement austerity measures? Purposes can be served even without a tour. Instead of PM going on the tour a diplomat can represent the PM. Protocols are waived off many times
These are the austerity measures supposed to be followed when the economic condition is in turbulence.
I'm not against PM's foreign tours. I'm for restricted tours with minimum entourage.

I may reiterate that you have give the authority to judge whether a tour is necessary or whether and how much authority can be delegated to those in authority. If you snatch this authority and make it a matter of public debate as to whether this tour or that tour or this job or that job is necessary or not, whether minister should do this or that or delegate to lower authority or lower than lower authority, the government simply cannot function. all norms of austerity and prudent public finance are known to the concerned authority and only they can judge. Subjecting such matter to public debate is an exercise in futility.

I may reiterate that you have give the authority to judge whether a tour is necessary or whether and how much authority can be delegated to those in authority. If you snatch this authority and make it a matter of public debate as to whether this tour or that tour or this job or that job is necessary or not, whether minister should do this or that or delegate to lower authority or lower than lower authority, the government simply cannot function. all norms of austerity and prudent public finance are known to the concerned authority and only they can judge. Subjecting such matter to public debate is an exercise in futility.

Its an exercise in futility i know. But this is our forum. Its a discussion. I expressed my opinion. If you object, i will stop with all due aplogies

Its an exercise in futility i know. But this is our forum. Its a discussion. I expressed my opinion. If you object, i will stop with all due aplogies

I do not object. I only state that ministers and bureaucrats have full discretion to decide about official tour. The travel expenses are according to budget and rules. It is necessary to understand that government can work only if allowed discretion and authority. also when we criticize, this should not be just wild and for sake of criticism only. Our forum should appear as one of responsible and thoughtful members. Otherwise this will be just like Facebook.

In fact all the ministers have been travelling left right and center - just look at the figures ..
1, S.M krishna - S.M. Krishna - 28 foreign trips - From New York, Islamabad, Beijing, Bali, Singapore and Australia to Israel and Palestine.
2, Anand Sharma - eight visits to Switzerland, South Africa, Pakistan and France.
3, A.K. Antony - six foreign tours during the last two years
4, Former finance minister Pranab Mukherjee also travelled to six overseas destinations (including the US, Nepal, Vietnam and France)
And of course our PM and President and Sonia Gandhi who cannot be questioned...
Most of these ministers take family members and hangers-on at the taxpayers' expense which has added on ..

Well, what can we commoners say??? All we can do is fret and fume and read such news with heavy hearts when there are millions of people going to bed hungry every night, while these people spend the precious taxpayers' money on their luxury foreign trips! :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.