Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Manmohan Singh has beaten evven the musch criticised former president Pratibha Patil where travel and expenditure is concerned.He has spent a whopping 620 crores, making 67 trips during his tenure as Pm overtaking everybody else...Talk about double standards by our leaders especially the supposedly soft spoken and non corrupt Manmohan Singh !

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/prime-minister-spent-rs-620-cr-on-air-travel-on-foreign-trips-in-9-yrs/397318-37-64.html

This is a big expenditure. But this is not corruption. He went on official tours. He served one full term and another is coming to an end. There is nothing to indicate that any of his tour was for private purpose or undertaken by his family members in his name. The expenditure on P.M. trip is most probably inclusive of the delegations of officials and other experts who enter in various trade and other bilateral agreements. It may be recalled that no prime minister would ever travel alone as that would be useless. P.M. delegation may consist of even more than one hundred officers and experts.

Every singe tour of Obama costs about 20 million dollars to US exchequer that is almost 100 crors. If you compare this with our prime minister he is spending almost nothing.

Are you saying that our PM should spend some more of the oublic money for his tours like Obama does ? There is absolutely no comparison between America and their yearly budget and india and its budget...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Manmohan Singh has beaten evven the musch criticised former president Pratibha Patil where travel and expenditure is concerned.He has spent a whopping 620 crores, making 67 trips during his tenure as Pm overtaking everybody else...Talk about double standards by our leaders especially the supposedly soft spoken and non corrupt Manmohan Singh !

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/prime-minister-spent-rs-620-cr-on-air-travel-on-foreign-trips-in-9-yrs/397318-37-64.html

This is a big expenditure. But this is not corruption. He went on official tours. He served one full term and another is coming to an end. There is nothing to indicate that any of his tour was for private purpose or undertaken by his family members in his name. The expenditure on P.M. trip is most probably inclusive of the delegations of officials and other experts who enter in various trade and other bilateral agreements. It may be recalled that no prime minister would ever travel alone as that would be useless. P.M. delegation may consist of even more than one hundred officers and experts.

A developing country like ours doesnt need such expenditure ...and what has been achieveed after squandering all that money a big zero, a drooping economy and scams galore !!!!!

Spending on unproductive tours is nothing but drilling a hole in the exchequer.

Tours are for purpose. Prime minister does no travel for fun. Making blanket statements that tours are unproductive is just wild statement. I wonder if any government can function without official tours. All- ministers, officers/ bureaucrats- need to travel for official purpose. I also wonder if you will like to know under Right to information act purpose and result of each and every tour by all ministers and bureaucrats. If so, government will be more busy answering your questions rather than doing any work- productive or unproductive.

Sure, tours are for a purpose. But when that purpose is not served, is it not the responsibility of the government to implement austerity measures? Purposes can be served even without a tour. Instead of PM going on the tour a diplomat can represent the PM. Protocols are waived off many times
These are the austerity measures supposed to be followed when the economic condition is in turbulence.
At the drop of a hat, government slaps 1000 austerity measures on a common man.
I'm not against PM's foreign tours. I'm for restricted tours with minimum entourage.

I may reiterate that you have give the authority to judge whether a tour is necessary or whether and how much authority can be delegated to those in authority. If you snatch this authority and make it a matter of public debate as to whether this tour or that tour or this job or that job is necessary or not, whether minister should do this or that or delegate to lower authority or lower than lower authority, the government simply cannot function. all norms of austerity and prudent public finance are known to the concerned authority and only they can judge. Subjecting such matter to public debate is an exercise in futility.

Its an exercise in futility i know. But this is our forum. Its a discussion. I expressed my opinion. If you object, i will stop with all due aplogies

I do not object. I only state that ministers and bureaucrats have full discretion to decide about official tour. The travel expenses are according to budget and rules. It is necessary to understand that government can work only if allowed discretion and authority. also when we criticize, this should not be just wild and for sake of criticism only. Our forum should appear as one of responsible and thoughtful members. Otherwise this will be just like Facebook.

You call the ministers responsible ? can you name at least some of those ministers who are responsible and spend within the gievn budget and a common citizen can look upto? Is there a budget for travel? if so where does it say so? It would be interesting to go through this link...
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/ministers-travel-budget-goes-up-spg-takes-a-cut/20130303.htm

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The information is just as obtained through RTI. The expenditure pertains to several years. As long as the expenditure is in accordance with rules on travel and norms are complied with, we cannot raise any issue. There is no adverse comment by audit on this expenditure. So, this is a non issue.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

A developing country like ours doesnt need such expenditure ...and what has been achieveed after squandering all that money a big zero, a drooping economy and scams galore !!!!!

Tours are for purpose. Prime minister does no travel for fun. Making blanket statements that tours are unproductive is just wild statement. I wonder if any government can function without official tours. All- ministers, officers/ bureaucrats- need to travel for official purpose. I also wonder if you will like to know under Right to information act purpose and result of each and every tour by all ministers and bureaucrats. If so, government will be more busy answering your questions rather than doing any work- productive or unproductive.

Sure, tours are for a purpose. But when that purpose is not served, is it not the responsibility of the government to implement austerity measures? Purposes can be served even without a tour. Instead of PM going on the tour a diplomat can represent the PM. Protocols are waived off many times
These are the austerity measures supposed to be followed when the economic condition is in turbulence.
I'm not against PM's foreign tours. I'm for restricted tours with minimum entourage.

I may reiterate that you have give the authority to judge whether a tour is necessary or whether and how much authority can be delegated to those in authority. If you snatch this authority and make it a matter of public debate as to whether this tour or that tour or this job or that job is necessary or not, whether minister should do this or that or delegate to lower authority or lower than lower authority, the government simply cannot function. all norms of austerity and prudent public finance are known to the concerned authority and only they can judge. Subjecting such matter to public debate is an exercise in futility.

Its an exercise in futility i know. But this is our forum. Its a discussion. I expressed my opinion. If you object, i will stop with all due aplogies

I do not object. I only state that ministers and bureaucrats have full discretion to decide about official tour. The travel expenses are according to budget and rules. It is necessary to understand that government can work only if allowed discretion and authority. also when we criticize, this should not be just wild and for sake of criticism only. Our forum should appear as one of responsible and thoughtful members. Otherwise this will be just like Facebook.

You call the ministers responsible ? can you name at least some of those ministers who are responsible and spend within the gievn budget and a common citizen can look upto? Is there a budget for travel? if so where does it say so? It would be interesting to go through this link...
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/ministers-travel-budget-goes-up-spg-takes-a-cut/20130303.htm

There is nothing in the link worth comment or consideration. The ministers are responsible to parliament both as regards purpose of travel and amount of expenditure. Any one who knows something about union budget can tell that the budget is estimated one years in advance and then periodically revised based on changed circumstances.

There is nothing in the link worth comment or consideration. The ministers are responsible to parliament both as regards purpose of travel and amount of expenditure. Any one who knows something about union budget can tell that the budget is estimated one years in advance and then periodically revised based on changed circumstances.

And then we have non-plan expenditure that exceeds even whatever was originally planned for a particular head in expenditure plan. That's where corruption/misuse begins taking place.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

And then we have non-plan expenditure that exceeds even whatever was originally planned for a particular head in expenditure plan. That's where corruption/misuse begins taking place.

When you have authority, scope of corruption cannot be eliminated. The actual expenditure cannot remain same as planned. There is also reduction in some items. Then there is re appropriation from these heads to those where expenditure will exceed. The rise in prices as well as new developments also affect the earlier estimates.

We are paying taxes to them for the same.........so that they enjoy their life..... :evil:
We are paying taxes to them for the same.........so that they enjoy their life..... :evil:

Exactly ! Thats what is happening in our country ....We pay taxes and they spend as they want , these figures have been released by the PMO, god knows how many crores have gone down the drain for other things which have not been accounted....Unless people rise against such things things will go on in the same fashion ! India suffers because of a lax and complacent population !
Aboraod even Queen of England and her expenses incurred by the state is accountable although the presumption is that she owns everything !

They have to keep certain obligations and protocol. India has done very little in field of public relations which is one of the major causes most people do not know about our potential in different fields. We need to spend more thorough knowledgeable sources and planned way to bring enough revenue to our country. We have lot many fields where we can earn if proper marketing is done, but this all needs money, spent in proper way.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Exactly ! Thats what is happening in our country ....We pay taxes and they spend as they want , these figures have been released by the PMO, god knows how many crores have gone down the drain for other things which have not been accounted....Unless people rise against such things things will go on in the same fashion ! India suffers because of a lax and complacent population !
Aboraod even Queen of England and her expenses incurred by the state is accountable although the presumption is that she owns everything !

There can not be non accounting of government funds. All money earned by government is credited to Consolidated fund of India. Unlike Business firms, you cannot mix revenue with expenditure. If this were allowed, Income Tax Department and Central Excise would be richest. They just collect funds for government but can not spend a single paisa from revenue so raised. These departments also have to get separate sanction for expenses and funds be allotted. The Prime minister's office has also no funds as such for spending. They can also spend on travel and other items only after getting sanction and allotment of funds. Just like England, Indian President also gets expenses sanctioned by Ministry of Finance. In England everything is done in name of 'her majesty' and India in name of President of India.

There can be no non accounting. There can be only misuse and misappropriation of funds which may be detected by audit.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.