Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Manmohan Singh has beaten evven the musch criticised former president Pratibha Patil where travel and expenditure is concerned.He has spent a whopping 620 crores, making 67 trips during his tenure as Pm overtaking everybody else...Talk about double standards by our leaders especially the supposedly soft spoken and non corrupt Manmohan Singh !

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/prime-minister-spent-rs-620-cr-on-air-travel-on-foreign-trips-in-9-yrs/397318-37-64.html

No doubt amount is big one but I think PM never visited for his personal purpose.
Manmohan Singh has beaten evven the musch criticised former president Pratibha Patil where travel and expenditure is concerned.He has spent a whopping 620 crores, making 67 trips during his tenure as Pm overtaking everybody else...Talk about double standards by our leaders especially the supposedly soft spoken and non corrupt Manmohan Singh !

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/prime-minister-spent-rs-620-cr-on-air-travel-on-foreign-trips-in-9-yrs/397318-37-64.html

No doubt amount is big one but I think PM never visited for his personal purpose.

Itt is both business ,work and personal pleasure with your extended family at government expenditure..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The amount is not big but too small for a prime minister of country like India in such a long duration. Head of states and even officials of government and private sector are allowed to take their family members on official tours as under the protocol or family invitation etc. Sometimes this is part of the package to bring along family members even for employees of private and government sectors and that is not considered wastage neither for private companies nor government departments. 620 cr in 9 years is less than 70 crores an year which is rather a shame for expenses of a prime minister of country like India, that shows that he has done almost nothing to improve relations and business opportunities for this country..

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The amount is not big but too small for a prime minister of country like India in such a long duration. Head of states and even officials of government and private sector are allowed to take their family members on official tours as under the protocol or family invitation etc. Sometimes this is part of the package to bring along family members even for employees of private and government sectors and that is not considered wastage neither for private companies nor government departments. 620 cr in 9 years is less than 70 crores an year which is rather a shame for expenses of a prime minister of country like India, that shows that he has done almost nothing to improve relations and business opportunities for this country..

Thank you for seeing the problem from another angle. Too less expenses on travel also means less activity to improve business and political relations.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51

Thank you for seeing the problem from another angle. Too less expenses on travel also means less activity to improve business and political relations.

This is not the other angle but the only angle. You see we have neglected public relation and development of terms, business etc with different countries especially with nearby neighbors and paying penalty for the same. Nobody is our friend while our other neighbors are doing far better comparatively. Look at small nations like pakistan and ShriLanka who are far better off than us and their heads of states are traveling allover the world.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
First of all there is no provision for ministers to take families along with them when they go to foreign countries on official tours and if they do, they have to bear the expenses and they do have travel expenses paid by the government once every three years which is also meant for study tour and not pleasure trip....In fact now the ministers are demanding that they be given an opportunity to take their families along officially , not that they have not been taking but on the sly !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Indeed Manmohan Singh is not a politician. What ever he done was honest efforts. But he never misused public funds. Only his wife accompany with him. She is also very low profile lady.

Indeed Manmohan Singh is not a politician. What ever he done was honest efforts. But he never misused public funds. Only his wife accompany with him. She is also very low profile lady.

We expect him to be more practical, there is no harm if he spends 200 crores every month and improve relations, reduce military expenses by having better relations with neighboring countries and bring more business to India.

First of all there is no provision for ministers to take families along with them when they go to foreign countries on official tours and if they do, they have to bear the expenses and they do have travel expenses paid by the government once every three years which is also meant for study tour and not pleasure trip....In fact now the ministers are demanding that they be given an opportunity to take their families along officially , not that they have not been taking but on the sly !

There is international protocol of taking spouses along with ministers. Foreign dignitaries are also accompanied by their spouses. Indians ministers and officials also have to reciprocate. Wives also have function. President's wife is First citizen of India. similarly, Mayor's wife's is first citizen of a city. In the armed forces, the army wives are involved in family affairs. There is Army wives Association that looks after family welfare. I remember that recently Army chief visited a martyr soldier (killed in action)'s village to console the family. His wife also accompanied him.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

:lol: Well, it does seem like 620 crore looks quite a small amount to many!
There would have been no problems if he had spent more than this in the 9 years' duration had there been even an iota of a difference made in the relations between India and other countries as a result of the multiple visits. But sadly, the difference cannot be seen anywhere neither these officials seem to have learned anything from such official visits and taken efforts to implement any of their observations here in India. I totally agree that official visits are an essential and integral part of the post but then they are also obliged to make use of those opportunities to improving the status of our country, which I am sure everyone agrees with me, has not been the case!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.