Honestly, I am not sure whether to be happy that at last the law makers have woken up or angry at this turn of events !!!! He should have been tried long back , would anyone else get away with such a crime, but in iNdia sadly we have two sets of rules for the equals and more than equals..

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/celebrity/2002-hit-and-run-case-salman-khan-to-be-tried-for-culpable-homicide-today_139330.htm

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
They will keep trying him and grant him more time, every time. This country has two sets of laws one for poor and helpless another for money ones who can mend it their own ways. And this all goes on so shamelessly, so obviously.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Honestly, I am not sure whether to be happy that at last the law makers have woken up or angry at this turn of events !!!! He should have been tried long back , would anyone else get away with such a crime, but in iNdia sadly we have two sets of rules for the equals and more than equals..

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/celebrity/2002-hit-and-run-case-salman-khan-to-be-tried-for-culpable-homicide-today_139330.htm

For the time being, let’s thank the stars at least, the trial started though late.
They will keep trying him and grant him more time, every time. This country has two sets of laws one for poor and helpless another for money ones who can mend it their own ways. And this all goes on so shamelessly, so obviously.

Even today there are people who are his die hard fans who think that he should not be tried because he would not be able to act anymore, thats all they care about ! When you have people with such a mentality it is little wonder that he gets away with murder and continues to act and make money.Of course a poor mans story would be vastly different, he would probably be languishing in Jail for no crime at all - would Mrs Jaya bacchan do something for such innocent but comon citizens?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Better late than never, I say. I agree that he should have been tried for this long back, but at least the authorities have woken up to the fact that he must at least be tried! Close on the heels of Sanjay Dutta being incarcerated,Salman's case is at least seeing the light of the day. Now what punishment he will be sentenced with, that is yet to be seen.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Better late than never, I say. I agree that he should have been tried for this long back, but at least the authorities have woken up to the fact that he must at least be tried! Close on the heels of Sanjay Dutta being incarcerated,Salman's case is at least seeing the light of the day. Now what punishment he will be sentenced with, that is yet to be seen.

I agree, but such a precedence make the population at large believe that once you are 'someone' in our society, even the law fears to touch them...

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I agree, but such a precedence make the population at large believe that once you are 'someone' in our society, even the law fears to touch them...

True...but that precedence has long been set in our country. :blink: We see so many celebrities, powerful politicians, industrialists etc. breaking rules and laws again and again and not one of them is ever prosecuted! So many politicians are hardened criminals but none are punished! so at this point, all we can say is thanks for at least taking initiative to start a trial of such celebrities

Thank you said by: usha manohar

True...but that precedence has long been set in our country. :blink: We see so many celebrities, powerful politicians, industrialists etc. breaking rules and laws again and again and not one of them is ever prosecuted! So many politicians are hardened criminals but none are punished! so at this point, all we can say is thanks for at least taking initiative to start a trial of such celebrities

Of course we should thank the judiciary for taking a firm stand on this, even in Sanjay Dutts case....

Of course we should thank the judiciary for taking a firm stand on this, even in Sanjay Dutts case....

Exactly!! It is a small step yet, but a significant one nonetheless!!

India have not two sets of rules but advocates are capable in using short cuts. Indeed legal proceeding is much slow. Don't forgot Sanjay Dutt is now behind bars. Powerful politicians of Haryana, is also behind bars for ten years

Exactly!! It is a small step yet, but a significant one nonetheless!!

When such things happen people dont compare things to the western society, where everything goes fast track, even where celebrities are concerned - no one is spared ! We tend to blame the west for all evils but dont have the wisdom to look within ourselves see the glaring flaws !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.