According to a latest book by Sunny Hundal, it has been estimated (by no other tahn Amartya Sen) that almost 60 million women in India have been killed at birth, murdered, missing etc. a figure that is no less than a magnitude of a deliberate genocide! :blink:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/07/201372814110570679.html

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is indeed very disgusting. This shows worst gender bias. Words fail to express sentiments.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
60 million! a huge figure indeed. I should consider myself lucky. :dry:

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
60 million! a huge figure indeed. I should consider myself lucky. :dry:

You are right Asha, you and me and all those women and girls who are alive should indeed thank our stars and our parents for letting us live!

Thank you said by: Ashii
This is indeed very disgusting. This shows worst gender bias. Words fail to express sentiments.

It is indeed a very disgusting and astounding figure! India's share in the statistics is the highest proportion in the entire world! I wonder what the politicians have to say about it, the ones who claim that India is on the way to becoming super power!

It is indeed a very disgusting and astounding figure! India's share in the statistics is the highest proportion in the entire world! I wonder what the politicians have to say about it, the ones who claim that India is on the way to becoming super power!

Politicians are not so responsible. In fact, they and social workers have done a lot to bring social and gender justice. It is the deep rooted gender discrimination mentality that needs be fought without any break. The bias against woman is more in Rajasthan, Haryana, Western U.P. and some other regions.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is shocking indeed ...It has to do with money power and the mind set of the people. Money power because in the olden days the finance of a house rested with the men and the mindset is that men are superior to women. I see this even today among the middle class people who make the life of the mother miserable when she has given birth to only daughters...Killing at birth is going one step further ! either way the women have to suffer for no fault of theirs !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

According to a latest book by Sunny Hundal, it has been estimated (by no other tahn Amartya Sen) that almost 60 million women in India have been killed at birth, murdered, missing etc. a figure that is no less than a magnitude of a deliberate genocide! :blink:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/07/201372814110570679.html

No doubt female babies in India killed at birth of before birth, in womb. But figure 6o million is not believe able.

It is shocking indeed ...It has to do with money power and the mind set of the people. Money power because in the olden days the finance of a house rested with the men and the mindset is that men are superior to women. I see this even today among the middle class people who make the life of the mother miserable when she has given birth to only daughters...Killing at birth is going one step further ! either way the women have to suffer for no fault of theirs !

It's simply benumbing! Do you know that some of the so-called materially prosperous states are the worst perpetrators of these heinous crimes?

Politicians are not so responsible. In fact, they and social workers have done a lot to bring social and gender justice. It is the deep rooted gender discrimination mentality that needs be fought without any break. The bias against woman is more in Rajasthan, Haryana, Western U.P. and some other regions.

The entire blame is not on the politicians alone but it cannot be denied that for a major proportion the blame lies on them too for failing to drive various policies etc to prevent crimes against women. In fact in majority of disgusting cases, the perpetrators have been found to be politicians as well, especially in the states that you have mentioned. But apart from that, NGOs really are doing very good jobs but they too lack concrete support from administration during crucial times.

Yes that kind of treatment is still meted out to women if they happen to give birth only to daughters, even in educated and affluent families it happens then what to speak about economically backward families? :blink: It again boils down to age-old mentality that women are inferior to men!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.