Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
More than 75% hotels in Kullu and Manali are remaining unoccupied. In a season where these valleys are jam-packed with tourists, scare of floods is keeping tourists away now!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/No-relief-for-tourism-industry-in-Manali-75-hotels-have-no-occupancy/articleshow/21907457.cms

In fact I was reading that the rehabilitation process is not even being done since the weather is still bad and it has been raining continuously...

Then what exactly people are donating for. Few days back i saw news where trucks with loads of stuff are stranded in the middle of the read becasue of road blocks. Seems like govt. has found new opportunity to earn. God help them..

That is not the case, they are collecting stuff and money but due to weather conditions, it is difficult to reach those people with all the help. Yet there are organizations who are carrying out relief work in spite of difficult weather!

Don't know Kalyani, but still it feels somewhere that people are not getting help on time. Weather may be a big hurdle but some do use it as a veil to hide their cheats...

I agree that in our country the presence of such cheats is quite high but then we must also not lose faith in the numerous NGOs who are genuinely working hard to offer help to the victims. A little more faith in them will only provide them with more energy to renew their efforts!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Puneet Chhabra
More than 75% hotels in Kullu and Manali are remaining unoccupied. In a season where these valleys are jam-packed with tourists, scare of floods is keeping tourists away now!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/No-relief-for-tourism-industry-in-Manali-75-hotels-have-no-occupancy/articleshow/21907457.cms

In fact I was reading that the rehabilitation process is not even being done since the weather is still bad and it has been raining continuously...

Then what exactly people are donating for. Few days back i saw news where trucks with loads of stuff are stranded in the middle of the read becasue of road blocks. Seems like govt. has found new opportunity to earn. God help them..

That is not the case, they are collecting stuff and money but due to weather conditions, it is difficult to reach those people with all the help. Yet there are organizations who are carrying out relief work in spite of difficult weather!

Don't know Kalyani, but still it feels somewhere that people are not getting help on time. Weather may be a big hurdle but some do use it as a veil to hide their cheats...

I agree that in our country the presence of such cheats is quite high but then we must also not lose faith in the numerous NGOs who are genuinely working hard to offer help to the victims. A little more faith in them will only provide them with more energy to renew their efforts!

Yes Kalyani and i think that's what makes India move... :)

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

That is bound to be there, our politicians will never let go of a gloden opportunity like this - make hay when the sun shines or even when it rains ...I am sure that already a lot of the collected money has found its way into various swiss bank accounts held by almost all our netas ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That is bound to be there, our politicians will never let go of a gloden opportunity like this - make hay when the sun shines or even when it rains ...I am sure that already a lot of the collected money has found its way into various swiss bank accounts held by almost all our netas ..

Politicians have already used this opportunity when media was focussing the Uttarkhand issue as the main news. Now Media is not focussing the issue, and politicians dont bother about it. Saw in the television , there was a fight between Chandrababu Naidu and Congress leaders on with whom should the Andhra people come back home from Uttarkhand.

More than that, I think it would be interesting to know whether the money that was announced by various state heads for Uttarakhand relief has really been released for that work!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

More than that, I think it would be interesting to know whether the money that was announced by various state heads for Uttarakhand relief has really been released for that work!

That will always remain a question.. They just release the notice, not the exact money...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.