On Monday, the speeding Rajya Rani Express train struck down a group of pilgrims who were crossing the tracks in spite of knowing that the train was coming at a full speed. From what I heard on the news is that some of the pilgrims stood on the tracks thinking that it would stop for them. The train did not have a stop at that particular station and was given clearance to speed ahead. Now there is a hefty sum announced for the dead and for the injured! Is it justified? How can railway be blamed form such gross negligence on the pilgrims' part and just because they were pilgrims, are they really holy sanctified souls for whom a train must stop at all costs??? :blink: :blink: where are we heading to, I wonder?

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/bihar-train-accident-speeding-train-runs-over-35-pilgrims-96146.html

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
They must have imagined that they posses super human powers that by a look at the train, the train would stop.

By the way, they could have at-least stopped at the station platform, with some inquiry they would have taken the other train after this passing train

Swetha Shenoy
They must have imagined that they posses super human powers that by a look at the train, the train would stop.

By the way, they could have at-least stopped at the station platform, with some inquiry they would have taken the other train after this passing train

That is logical thinking and Indians are very much allergic to thinking logically! :blink:

That is logical thinking and Indians are very much allergic to thinking logically! :blink:

I would definitely not blame the railway officials for this accident. Lack of awareness of uneducated people caused human lives. When a train is coming in 70 - 80 km/h , it cant be stopped all of a sudden. That too the engine drivers used the emergency brake as well to stop the train.
All logic out of the train

Looks like they saw the Chennai Express movie and wanted to do stunts!

Swetha Shenoy
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I would definitely not blame the railway officials for this accident. Lack of awareness of uneducated people caused human lives. When a train is coming in 70 - 80 km/h , it cant be stopped all of a sudden. That too the engine drivers used the emergency brake as well to stop the train.

More than lack of awareness, it is the egotistic attitude at work here. People think that they have the right of way everywhere, look at the number of road accidents and you will see many pedestrians struck down by speeding vehicles because they were in a place they had no business to be in. What are these people thinking? and just because they are pilgrims, the world should stop for them? :blink:

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Yes that is right. Even if a speeding vehicle is stopped, they are expected to give lift or a free ride to them, failing which they start some mantras saying they are throwing a curse towards the people in the vehicles.

It is the same with the beggars here. Once i had given 1 rs to a lady beggar in burka....oh my she started cursing me and following me till i had to give her rs 10. She automatically changed her tone and started saying pleasing things. duh!

Swetha Shenoy
This is general attitude. People think they need not follow any law and others must do what suits them. Here the pilgrims died because they were standing in track. But many pull chain to stop anywhere. Bihar is one of the most lawless states. Had the pilgrims not died, they would rather be liable to penal action.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is general attitude. People think they need not follow any law and others must do what suits them. Here the pilgrims died because they were standing in track. But many pull chain to stop anywhere. Bihar is one of the most lawless states. Had the pilgrims not died, they would rather be liable to penal action.

Exactly....but in India and in certain states like Bihar, the law is the least important and right of way of certain factions and convenience of people, especially if they are pilgrims is more important. Those conveniences may be illegal and may even endanger other lives, but then who cares? Also, the government's attitude towards such incidents provide more fuel and boost to such wrongdoings. Like in this case, instead of taking firm action, railway officials have announced relief package to the pilgrims which will send a wrong message all over. Also people burnt 6 bogies and caused serious property damage, who will pay for it?

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
absolutely, local administration failed here, how can railway and its official be blamed for this. Why mob are allowed to wreck havoc and loot luggage of train inmates and they have killed the driver of train, and what is administration doing there, are they have closed eye like when a cat drinks milk, it closes eyes as if no one is watching it!

http://mohanmekap.com/

More than lack of awareness, it is the egotistic attitude at work here. People think that they have the right of way everywhere, look at the number of road accidents and you will see many pedestrians struck down by speeding vehicles because they were in a place they had no business to be in. What are these people thinking? and just because they are pilgrims, the world should stop for them? :blink:

Seriously i don't know whether to laugh or cry at this news... Is railways their dad's property that it will stop whenever they want it... They just crazy people who claims that they are most superior and they are above the law...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.