The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In the recent by poll election held in Karnataka (for Mandaya and Rural Bangalore Lok Sabha seats ), Congress bagged both the seats. Actress Ramya won in Mandaya Constituency . These were Considered to be JD(S) forts

This indicates that the MODI wave is artificial. The JD(S) candidates had support of BJP.

People of Karnataka don't forgot dirty politics of BJP government. Public don't forget rapine of Karnataka resourcess by BJP leaders.
In the recent by poll election held in Karnataka (for Mandaya and Rural Bangalore Lok Sabha seats ), Congress bagged both the seats. Actress Ramya won in Mandaya Constituency . These were Considered to be JD(S) forts

This indicates that the MODI wave is artificial. The JD(S) candidates had support of BJP.

People of Karnataka don't forgot dirty politics of BJP government. Public don't forget rapine of Karnataka resourcess by BJP leaders.

All parties are similar. So the incumbency factor works. The ruling party loses and the other gains. This may happen everywhere. Then we may not expect much change.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is necessary to be completely objective in the study of leaders or leader especially one as important as Pandit Nehru but some kind of subjectivity would always there in evaluating his performance as PM for a long time. It is said about him that if he had not been in politics, he would be remembered for his literary brilliance alone in the form of works mentioned already. Writing history and to be a master in its scientific analysis to earn its place as an authentic history are two different things that's perhaps the reason that Nehru's works are recommended as literary works than as text books of history.

It is worth-remembering here that Pandit Nehru was not the first choice of Gandhiji as he was somewhat disillusioned with him for reasons best known. At hindsight, I too feel Sardar Patel could have been appropriate to begin with. Many portray him as the architect of modern India, that's too tall a claim open to verification. What kind of modernity we have achieved when the reports of rape rule all the front pages of our newspapers for days on end? If you want to base your claim on some gigantic factories and imposing edifices, let the credit go to our engineers, our workers and other who actually built them. India's moral degradation started with Nehru's misrule. His foreign policy was a complete disaster. He was attracted to the USSR but never felt sure of himself to go the whole hog and in the process incurred America's wrath and suspicion which bluntly refused to share industrial technology with India and the USSR stepped into it and provided India the much-needed help not without a price - a huge price, indeed. In fact, it even treated India as colony and derive maximum commercial advantage out of it. Once I heard from a top-notch officer of a state-ran steel plant that Russian were so shrewd and ruthless in their exploitation that it didn't part with the blueprint of some of the plants they built! If you visit Durgapur you still can see the posh and swanky
bungalows for Russian engineers who seemed to be perpetually stationed over there. For this so-called help Russia extracted the maximum price in the political field. Nehru blindly endorsed Russian invasion of Hungary. He even had delusions about himself to be a great leader in the global stage by grandstanding with Nasser and Tito in founding Non-aligned Movement which was a boneless wonder and most ridiculous aspect of it, was some of these countries with pronounced bias in favor of Russia joined to have the best of all the worlds including India running with hare and hunting with the hound!! His Himalayan folly in dealing with Kashmir issue a wound that has turned cancerous with his touch, his Chinese policy cost India a lot.

It is also wrong to credit him with the concept of India's Five-Year Plan and if my memory serves me right Netaji Shubhash Chandra Bose as Congress President mooted the idea and Nehru was very close to him but as a rank opportunist dumped him to be close to Gandhiji, although he never sincerely believed in his views. As you all know Gandhiji was never in favor of big industries rather his faith was only in small and cottage industries. About religious matter both shared diametrically opposite views yet he deceived him mercilessly and knew the value of 'Gandhi' tag which is being exploited till date. And about his personal life I have to mention the work of M.O. Mathai entitled 'Reminiscences of the Nehru Age' who served him as his private secretary for a long time which went I through and frankly speaking I started asking myself : "Does this man deserve to be put on a pedestal?
Thank you for exhaustive treatment of the thread. However the issue was only a statement by Rahul Gandhi, which is however no so significant. But we discussed so many things. It is nice that you have portrayed Nehru as a good literary figure though expressed some of his shortcomings as P.M. and also visualized how India would be under alternative leadership. But the fact remains that Nehru was our first P.M. Naturally the credit of achievement by our engineers and technocrats goes top P.M. We can not discredit him for shortcomings while denying him credit for progress.

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Thank you for exhaustive treatment of the thread. However the issue was only a statement by Rahul Gandhi, which is however no so significant. But we discussed so many things. It is nice that you have portrayed Nehru as a good literary figure though expressed some of his shortcomings as P.M. and also visualized how India would be under alternative leadership. But the fact remains that Nehru was our first P.M. Naturally the credit of achievement by our engineers and technocrats goes top P.M. We can not discredit him for shortcomings while denying him credit for progress.

I didn't intend to veer to that but so many comments have been made about Panditji that I couldn't help. If you want to credit him for that you are rightly entitled to do so. He is a historical figure and all aspects of his performance have to be considered for a rational judgement. What I tried was just a sketchy work on him.

Isn't it the beauty of discussion that they started at one point but reached the other. It may sound out of context but everyone here want to emphasize that Gandhi family has never thought about India

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, usha manohar

Isn't it the beauty of discussion that they started at one point but reached the other. It may sound out of context but everyone here want to emphasize that Gandhi family has never thought about India

And the best part is we have nothing personal against anyone. This is just for the sake of letting others know how we think about a political party, personality or happenings around us.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I didn't intend to veer to that but so many comments have been made about Panditji that I couldn't help. If you want to credit him for that you are rightly entitled to do so. He is a historical figure and all aspects of his performance have to be considered for a rational judgement. What I tried was just a sketchy work on him.

The thread indeed is about Rahul Gandhi's comment but no issue where he is involved can be discussed completely without mention of other members of the family, because I firmly believe a family tradition and background is what makes a man, so what Rahul Gandhi now is and stands for, is the total embodiment of the Nehru-Gandhi family so it is not irrelevant to discuss about Nehru or his shortcomings as a PM, they are very much relevant since India today is the result of his actions and deeds!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Thats how discussions are, meant to bring out all the aspects that are there relating to the topic of discussion.If we are expected to stick to the sentence that was written while starting the discussion we will hardly geet any opinion from members...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Gandhi family has indeed been in freedom movement and after independence development. But outlook differs. some may like and some dislike. Had they never thought of India and just remain indifferent, we would not be talking about them at all.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.