The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In the recent by poll election held in Karnataka (for Mandaya and Rural Bangalore Lok Sabha seats ), Congress bagged both the seats. Actress Ramya won in Mandaya Constituency . These were Considered to be JD(S) forts

Mandya from where Ramya contested is vokkaliga belt and senior actor Ambareesh who is himself a gowda had apparently distributed cash and almost threatened the people to vote for her since she was selected by him....No wonder she won since the population is largely rural with no educated classes...another factor was her father passing away on the day she filed her nomination, so she had a lot of sympathy factor as well..

If this is the argument about Congress victory, this is true about most of India as India is predominantly rural with no educated class. Various factors like sympathy, caste etc. also prevail at most places. Obviously the 'Modi miracle' does not and will not work.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In the recent by poll election held in Karnataka (for Mandaya and Rural Bangalore Lok Sabha seats ), Congress bagged both the seats. Actress Ramya won in Mandaya Constituency . These were Considered to be JD(S) forts

Mandya from where Ramya contested is vokkaliga belt and senior actor Ambareesh who is himself a gowda had apparently distributed cash and almost threatened the people to vote for her since she was selected by him....No wonder she won since the population is largely rural with no educated classes...another factor was her father passing away on the day she filed her nomination, so she had a lot of sympathy factor as well..

If this is the argument about Congress victory, this is true about most of India as India is predominantly rural with no educated class. Various factors like sympathy, caste etc. also prevail at most places. Obviously the 'Modi miracle' does not and will not work.

I don't think it would be wise to attach too much of importance to this development. The results are not at all reflective of the current mood of the electorate across the country.

I don't think it would be wise to attach too much of importance to this development. The results are not at all reflective of the current mood of the electorate across the country.

Everyone has reasons for victory and defeat and at the end of the day , the end result matters.

I too would think so...I personally feel that in Karnataka BJP has taken a beating because of one person Yediyurappa who is facing corruption charges now.He has left the party now and once the BJP reorganises itself under other leaders things should be back to normal. In karnataka it was under Ramkrishna Hegde,Deve Gowda and Patil that the real developmental work was done and the foundation for IT was laid although Congress [arty shamelessly loves to take credit for it just beacuse during S.M.Krishna's things began to move forward..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I too would think so...I personally feel that in Karnataka BJP has taken a beating because of one person Yediyurappa who is facing corruption charges now.He has left the party now and once the BJP reorganises itself under other leaders things should be back to normal. In karnataka it was under Ramkrishna Hegde,Deve Gowda and Patil that the real developmental work was done and the foundation for IT was laid although Congress [arty shamelessly loves to take credit for it just beacuse during S.M.Krishna's things began to move forward..

So if corruption is going to be the winning and losing factors, congress is in for trouble. They are facing too many such charges and that is going to be main factor. We should not take by elections in to account.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

So if corruption is going to be the winning and losing factors, congress is in for trouble. They are facing too many such charges and that is going to be main factor. We should not take by elections in to account.

Why bypoll elections should not be taken into account ? In Karnataka politics , only these minimal numbers matters. It is a proven fact from the last 5 years of Karnataka politics. There are many BJP MLA and MP s who were moving to and from Yedyurappa and Sadanda Gowda.

You are absolutely correct, Usha! BJP's immoral activities under Yediyurappa and before that Kumarasawami's sickeningly corrupt rule must have influenced voters of Karnataka for these two seats. I would prefer to go as far as predicting a fairly optimistic prospect for Congress in the next Parliamentary elections in Karnataka but its performance in the state won't matter that much in the ultimate analysis because Congress under Sonia Gandhi has played every dirtiest trick withe the people of India to deceive them in the most shameless manner. Look how the Food Security Bill was passed - this government has been in power for the last nine years and in the last year of its term it has thought of the poor in India!!!

You are absolutely correct, Usha! BJP's immoral activities under Yediyurappa and before that Kumarasawami's sickeningly corrupt rule must have influenced voters of Karnataka for these two seats. I would prefer to go as far as predicting a fairly optimistic prospect for Congress in the next Parliamentary elections in Karnataka but its performance in the state won't matter that much in the ultimate analysis because Congress under Sonia Gandhi has played every dirtiest trick withe the people of India to deceive them in the most shameless manner. Look how the Food Security Bill was passed - this government has been in power for the last nine years and in the last year of its term it has thought of the poor in India!!!

But don't forget the fact that Yedurappa was the first to become CM from BJP party in South India. Still BJP haven't formed a government in Andhra Pradesh , Kerala and Tamil Nadu .

Why bypoll elections should not be taken into account ? In Karnataka politics , only these minimal numbers matters. It is a proven fact from the last 5 years of Karnataka politics. There are many BJP MLA and MP s who were moving to and from Yedyurappa and Sadanda Gowda.

I am still of the belief that by-elections do not matter much as these seats are filed mostly on certain factors, sympathy is one of them. but when it comes to larger canvas, the colors look different. wait and watch is the name of the game. And, mind you I am not saying that BJP is going to win there a clear majority.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Fortunes of parties change no doubt. BJP lost in Karnataka but can gain again. This happens in parliamentary democracy. BJP has an organization in Karnataka unlike other South Indian states. So BJP has chances of winning or losing in Karnataka but has no chance to win in Tamilnadu, Kerala and may other places where they have no organization and no leaders and workers.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.