Mumbai no safe haven for women: Bollywood actresses

Post gang-rape of a photojournalist, Bollywood actresses don't feel safe in Mumbai

Please express yourself

http://mohanmekap.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No doubt the recent gang rape has shamed Mumbai. Hut before that unfortunate incident, everyone believed that Mumbai is safe. There is a proverb- single swallow does not make summer. A single bad incident cannot change the entire environment. There is need to check crime against women but there need not be too much despair and gloom.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If Both Mumbai and Delhi are not safe for Bollywood actresses, where will they find refuge?

I am sure some of these actresses also go through trauma everyday of some sort!

Swetha Shenoy
Actually no any place is safe crime could happen anywhere. So women need to take care self and avoid alone places. Criminal are everywhere.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

It was Delhi a few days ago. Now its Mumbai. The fact is its not the place that makes a woman's safe haven. Its the people in it and the law enforcement mechanism make a place a safe haven for a woman.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
If Both Mumbai and Delhi are not safe for Bollywood actresses, where will they find refuge?

I am sure some of these actresses also go through trauma everyday of some sort!

Yeah and to escape form the trauma they go to Dubai or London and feel secure! :evil:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Cities have nothing to do with it ,it is the people who spoil things . To a certain extent I agree with what Shivsena said about outsiders being the cause of increased crime rates. It is because of annonimity more than anything else.I see this happening in a small place like ours as well where we have migrant workers from other states . Most of the crimes have been committed by them because the locals are known by sight and dont want their reputation to get tarnished...so one can imagine how it is in larget cities where one can easily vanish in the crowds...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Cities have nothing to do with it ,it is the people who spoil things . To a certain extent I agree with what Shivsena said about outsiders being the cause of increased crime rates. It is because of annonimity more than anything else.I see this happening in a small place like ours as well where we have migrant workers from other states . Most of the crimes have been committed by them because the locals are known by sight and dont want their reputation to get tarnished...so one can imagine how it is in larget cities where one can easily vanish in the crowds...

This is very true! Majority of the rape cases that have been reported in cities like Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur and surrounding areas, more than 75% of the perpetrators were from outside the state came to work as labourers! it is very much the anonymity they acquire since they move around a lot for work purposes and manage to get away!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Even in Delhi rape case, the accused were from other places. Those from other places also do not have to bother about their reputation as they do not belong to the city. This fact should also make people more conscious and careful about strangers and outsiders.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

This is very true! Majority of the rape cases that have been reported in cities like Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur and surrounding areas, more than 75% of the perpetrators were from outside the state came to work as labourers! it is very much the anonymity they acquire since they move around a lot for work purposes and manage to get away!

Exactly Kalyani ! Here in Mangalore we had a theft where the three workers beat up the woman and a child of 7 years and took away cash,jewlery and other stuff and have never been caught because they have gone back to where they came from and had given wrong address to tgeir employers in Mangalore...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I don't think this particular incident, though terrible, is not going to make much of difference to overall perception of Mumbai as I have had personal experiences of this city being a cosmopolitan one receiving all kinds of people from all over the country with women moving freely even in late night. Surely, this incident should be an eye-opener to the state administration. Honestly, the state of affairs of the national capital, New Delhi which I had the opportunity to acquaint myself with, is far worse.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.