The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
9 months after the gang rape of Nirbhaya, Saket court of Delhi held all the four held guilty. Sentencing is adjourned for tomorrow.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Delhi-gang-rape-case-Verdict-today/liveblog/22453136.cms

I am hoping that court will justice with Nirbhya.

The entire nation is demanding death sentence in one voice. All the charges leveled against the culprits are proved. Now the law will take its own course.

I also want death sentence for the guilty. I think that should be the fitting end to the case. Nothing less than that is acceptable as all are terming this case as the rarest of the rare.

Today all the four singing in chorus, " we're innocent." in the court. Their lawyer is demanding a lifer instead of death sentence.

They have to say that, and their lawyers too will keep saying that ! If they had felt an iota of regret and shame for what they had done people would at least look on them with a little more consideration , but these demons are unfit to live ! The only regret is that the worst of them has been let off because of the laxity of our system, the government is to blame for that ...

Criminal makes use of loopholes in the law. And there's no dearth of loopholes in Indian law. Letting off the deadly juvenile is a shining example for this.

The news that the sentence will be pronounced on Friday has come as a dampener. I think the restlessness will grow if the declarations are postponed like this.

The court has just heard arguments by the prosecution and defence. The court will consider arguments of both sides and give the reasoned decision on Friday. If the court views that the murder is rarest of the rare, death penalty will be given.

Personally I feel the toughest sentence should be given and that only can be a capital punishment. If they are left alone, their confidence will increase thinking that nothing can happen to them even when they broke the law once. They will certainly take everything for granted.

I feel capital punishment is inevitable. Judiciary is well aware of the national sentiment especially in this case that led to unprecedented uproar in the country. Moreover all the charges against the culprits were proved.

If I am not wrong, this is the verdict from a district court. Am I right? If so, whatever be the result, they are going to appeal in the higher court. This again will eat a lot of time. Justice will be delayed, which is equal to being denied.

That was a fast track Special court. Defense already said if capital punishment is awarded, they will appeal. I too have that fear of inordinate delays.

I was literally laughing when they call it as a fast track... if fast is this one and in such case then god help our country..

In about 8 months, the decision has come only from a district court in Saket. So, I too feel that if they are terming this as a fast track court, then this decison today should have come from the supreme court of India.
9 months after the gang rape of Nirbhaya, Saket court of Delhi held all the four held guilty. Sentencing is adjourned for tomorrow.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Delhi-gang-rape-case-Verdict-today/liveblog/22453136.cms

The entire nation is demanding death sentence in one voice. All the charges leveled against the culprits are proved. Now the law will take its own course.

I also want death sentence for the guilty. I think that should be the fitting end to the case. Nothing less than that is acceptable as all are terming this case as the rarest of the rare.

Today all the four singing in chorus, " we're innocent." in the court. Their lawyer is demanding a lifer instead of death sentence.

They have to say that, and their lawyers too will keep saying that ! If they had felt an iota of regret and shame for what they had done people would at least look on them with a little more consideration , but these demons are unfit to live ! The only regret is that the worst of them has been let off because of the laxity of our system, the government is to blame for that ...

Criminal makes use of loopholes in the law. And there's no dearth of loopholes in Indian law. Letting off the deadly juvenile is a shining example for this.

The news that the sentence will be pronounced on Friday has come as a dampener. I think the restlessness will grow if the declarations are postponed like this.

The court has just heard arguments by the prosecution and defence. The court will consider arguments of both sides and give the reasoned decision on Friday. If the court views that the murder is rarest of the rare, death penalty will be given.

Personally I feel the toughest sentence should be given and that only can be a capital punishment. If they are left alone, their confidence will increase thinking that nothing can happen to them even when they broke the law once. They will certainly take everything for granted.

I feel capital punishment is inevitable. Judiciary is well aware of the national sentiment especially in this case that led to unprecedented uproar in the country. Moreover all the charges against the culprits were proved.

If I am not wrong, this is the verdict from a district court. Am I right? If so, whatever be the result, they are going to appeal in the higher court. This again will eat a lot of time. Justice will be delayed, which is equal to being denied.

That was a fast track Special court. Defense already said if capital punishment is awarded, they will appeal. I too have that fear of inordinate delays.

I was literally laughing when they call it as a fast track... if fast is this one and in such case then god help our country..

I too was aghast at efforts on the part of those high and mighty who deceive us and at times themselves!!! It has taken 9 months to come this far in a water-tight case like this - no circumstantial evidence! The victim identified the perpetrators in her dying statement who are beastly enough to claim innocence before the judge!!! It is a fast track court!!! Cry my dear brothers, sisters and mothers!! We are practically under attack from state-sponsored criminality!!!!! :S :S :S :S :S :S

I thought the same thing when they keep saying fast track! Now after the verdict there are options still open for the rapists and when all tthat is done it would probably another year ! In the meantime we will have election circus which would delay everything in this country !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Mrs. Brinda Karat while commenting on conviction of these rapists, made an absolutely sensible point by pointing to the criminal delay in dispensation of justice in this case. She also wondered aloud if such delay could take place in a case on which the entire nation was literally and figuratively writhing in tearing pain what could be the fate of a victim who lives quietly in a hamlet with thousands of miles separating us, the police officer might have squarely refused to accept an FIR, the near-by hospitals might not have been too accommodating to help and other odds - social stigma, social ostracization etc. Do you have a single politician to name who is sensitive and sensitized to feel for our rape victims?
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I too was aghast at efforts on the part of those high and mighty who deceive us and at times themselves!!! It has taken 9 months to come this far in a water-tight case like this - no circumstantial evidence! The victim identified the perpetrators in her dying statement who are beastly enough to claim innocence before the judge!!! It is a fast track court!!! Cry my dear brothers, sisters and mothers!! We are practically under attack from state-sponsored criminality!!!!! :S :S :S :S :S :S

I thought the same thing when they keep saying fast track! Now after the verdict there are options still open for the rapists and when all tthat is done it would probably another year ! In the meantime we will have election circus which would delay everything in this country !

The very fact of waiting until Friday is very agonizing indeed. And as you rightly pointed out, there will still be many things apart from the elections that will draw the attention away from this case. I wonder when we get to listen to the final verdict (any time soon??)

The very fact of waiting until Friday is very agonizing indeed. And as you rightly pointed out, there will still be many things apart from the elections that will draw the attention away from this case. I wonder when we get to listen to the final verdict (any time soon??)

I forgot to record my sense outrage after hearing the former Home Secretary Mr. R.K.Singh who expressed himself in favor of lowering the age for juvenile offenders given to the fact that youths these days get mature earlier but what our legislators did!! In the parliamentary debates they strongly resisted it. When the most savage offenders of the New Delhi Rape Case was let off with just three years imprisonment the parents of the victim cried their hearts out and driven logically crazy to justify female foeticide !!!! Tears also rolled out my eyes!!

I forgot to record my sense outrage after hearing the former Home Secretary Mr. R.K.Singh who expressed himself in favor of lowering the age for juvenile offenders given to the fact that youths these days get mature earlier but what our legislators did!! In the parliamentary debates they strongly resisted it. When the most savage offenders of the New Delhi Rape Case was let off with just three years imprisonment the parents of the victim cried their hearts out and driven logically crazy to justify female foeticide !!!! Tears also rolled out my eyes!!

Sometimes the trouble and problems of others become our problems too. I mean we feel the sadness through the things they go through. We relate very much with others in the society when someone is hurt or when someone is happy. I really appreaciate such qualities.

Sometimes the trouble and problems of others become our problems too. I mean we feel the sadness through the things they go through. We relate very much with others in the society when someone is hurt or when someone is happy. I really appreaciate such qualities.

Only such qualities make us ones to be worthy of being called 'humans'. If those beings we call 'animals' can emote over sufferings and misery of other members of their tribe, why can't we??

Only such qualities make us ones to be worthy of being called 'humans'. If those beings we call 'animals' can emote over sufferings and misery of other members of their tribe, why can't we??

I have seen in some documentary films on various channels dedicated to animals that they have the same emotions like humans, the only difference benig that they cannot talk or laugh. But the emotional bonding is such that it makes even us - the people, the humans, to think. So you rightly put that.
Today punishment will be decleared and hanging will be right decision.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Country in which whole life is not enough to get justice 9 month is fast. Now it is not destination, it is halt. After lower court, High court, Supreme court.

Just add - Mercy petition to President after supreme Court verdict. If you have money to spend on litigation, there is no end. Also there is no escape from the judicial procedure. The law actually operates against poor. The rich can spend money lavishly on legal advice, litigation up to highest court. In this case, the convicts are poor and hence may be hanged soon. They may not be able to afford very lengthy litigation as the terrorists do. The defence advocates advanced arguments that law does not support. They talked of Gandhi and the religious concept- God gives life and man cannot take.
But as long as there is death sentence on statute and the offence of murder is so heinous that this is 'rarest of the rare', death sentence is justified.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.