The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
9 months after the gang rape of Nirbhaya, Saket court of Delhi held all the four held guilty. Sentencing is adjourned for tomorrow.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Delhi-gang-rape-case-Verdict-today/liveblog/22453136.cms

I am hoping that court will justice with Nirbhya.

The entire nation is demanding death sentence in one voice. All the charges leveled against the culprits are proved. Now the law will take its own course.

I also want death sentence for the guilty. I think that should be the fitting end to the case. Nothing less than that is acceptable as all are terming this case as the rarest of the rare.

Today all the four singing in chorus, " we're innocent." in the court. Their lawyer is demanding a lifer instead of death sentence.

They have to say that, and their lawyers too will keep saying that ! If they had felt an iota of regret and shame for what they had done people would at least look on them with a little more consideration , but these demons are unfit to live ! The only regret is that the worst of them has been let off because of the laxity of our system, the government is to blame for that ...

Criminal makes use of loopholes in the law. And there's no dearth of loopholes in Indian law. Letting off the deadly juvenile is a shining example for this.

The news that the sentence will be pronounced on Friday has come as a dampener. I think the restlessness will grow if the declarations are postponed like this.

The court has just heard arguments by the prosecution and defence. The court will consider arguments of both sides and give the reasoned decision on Friday. If the court views that the murder is rarest of the rare, death penalty will be given.

Personally I feel the toughest sentence should be given and that only can be a capital punishment. If they are left alone, their confidence will increase thinking that nothing can happen to them even when they broke the law once. They will certainly take everything for granted.

I feel capital punishment is inevitable. Judiciary is well aware of the national sentiment especially in this case that led to unprecedented uproar in the country. Moreover all the charges against the culprits were proved.

If I am not wrong, this is the verdict from a district court. Am I right? If so, whatever be the result, they are going to appeal in the higher court. This again will eat a lot of time. Justice will be delayed, which is equal to being denied.

That was a fast track Special court. Defense already said if capital punishment is awarded, they will appeal. I too have that fear of inordinate delays.

I was literally laughing when they call it as a fast track... if fast is this one and in such case then god help our country..

I too was aghast at efforts on the part of those high and mighty who deceive us and at times themselves!!! It has taken 9 months to come this far in a water-tight case like this - no circumstantial evidence! The victim identified the perpetrators in her dying statement who are beastly enough to claim innocence before the judge!!! It is a fast track court!!! Cry my dear brothers, sisters and mothers!! We are practically under attack from state-sponsored criminality!!!!! :S :S :S :S :S :S

Country in which whole life is not enough to get justice 9 month is fast. Now it is not destination, it is halt. After lower court, High court, Supreme court.

Just add - Mercy petition to President after supreme Court verdict. If you have money to spend on litigation, there is no end. Also there is no escape from the judicial procedure. The law actually operates against poor. The rich can spend money lavishly on legal advice, litigation up to highest court. In this case, the convicts are poor and hence may be hanged soon. They may not be able to afford very lengthy litigation as the terrorists do. The defence advocates advanced arguments that law does not support. They talked of Gandhi and the religious concept- God gives life and man cannot take.
But as long as there is death sentence on statute and the offence of murder is so heinous that this is 'rarest of the rare', death sentence is justified.

I had heard the lawyer of these 4 guys say that these poor people cannot afford to hire high class lawyers and defend themselves properly. But I guess, whoever be the accused, law must remain the same for all. The rich have almost always managed to come out 'clean'.
9 months after the gang rape of Nirbhaya, Saket court of Delhi held all the four held guilty. Sentencing is adjourned for tomorrow.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Delhi-gang-rape-case-Verdict-today/liveblog/22453136.cms

I am hoping that court will justice with Nirbhya.

The entire nation is demanding death sentence in one voice. All the charges leveled against the culprits are proved. Now the law will take its own course.

I also want death sentence for the guilty. I think that should be the fitting end to the case. Nothing less than that is acceptable as all are terming this case as the rarest of the rare.

Today all the four singing in chorus, " we're innocent." in the court. Their lawyer is demanding a lifer instead of death sentence.

They have to say that, and their lawyers too will keep saying that ! If they had felt an iota of regret and shame for what they had done people would at least look on them with a little more consideration , but these demons are unfit to live ! The only regret is that the worst of them has been let off because of the laxity of our system, the government is to blame for that ...

Criminal makes use of loopholes in the law. And there's no dearth of loopholes in Indian law. Letting off the deadly juvenile is a shining example for this.

The news that the sentence will be pronounced on Friday has come as a dampener. I think the restlessness will grow if the declarations are postponed like this.

The court has just heard arguments by the prosecution and defence. The court will consider arguments of both sides and give the reasoned decision on Friday. If the court views that the murder is rarest of the rare, death penalty will be given.

Personally I feel the toughest sentence should be given and that only can be a capital punishment. If they are left alone, their confidence will increase thinking that nothing can happen to them even when they broke the law once. They will certainly take everything for granted.

I feel capital punishment is inevitable. Judiciary is well aware of the national sentiment especially in this case that led to unprecedented uproar in the country. Moreover all the charges against the culprits were proved.

If I am not wrong, this is the verdict from a district court. Am I right? If so, whatever be the result, they are going to appeal in the higher court. This again will eat a lot of time. Justice will be delayed, which is equal to being denied.

That was a fast track Special court. Defense already said if capital punishment is awarded, they will appeal. I too have that fear of inordinate delays.

I was literally laughing when they call it as a fast track... if fast is this one and in such case then god help our country..

I too was aghast at efforts on the part of those high and mighty who deceive us and at times themselves!!! It has taken 9 months to come this far in a water-tight case like this - no circumstantial evidence! The victim identified the perpetrators in her dying statement who are beastly enough to claim innocence before the judge!!! It is a fast track court!!! Cry my dear brothers, sisters and mothers!! We are practically under attack from state-sponsored criminality!!!!! :S :S :S :S :S :S

Country in which whole life is not enough to get justice 9 month is fast. Now it is not destination, it is halt. After lower court, High court, Supreme court.

Just add - Mercy petition to President after supreme Court verdict. If you have money to spend on litigation, there is no end. Also there is no escape from the judicial procedure. The law actually operates against poor. The rich can spend money lavishly on legal advice, litigation up to highest court. In this case, the convicts are poor and hence may be hanged soon. They may not be able to afford very lengthy litigation as the terrorists do. The defence advocates advanced arguments that law does not support. They talked of Gandhi and the religious concept- God gives life and man cannot take.
But as long as there is death sentence on statute and the offence of murder is so heinous that this is 'rarest of the rare', death sentence is justified.

I had heard the lawyer of these 4 guys say that these poor people cannot afford to hire high class lawyers and defend themselves properly. But I guess, whoever be the accused, law must remain the same for all. The rich have almost always managed to come out 'clean'.

They hanged because of their crimes not because they are poor. Chotala family of Haryana is not poor but both son and father are behind bars. Manu Sharma, murderer is from very rich family but he is serving his sentence in Jasika lal murder case.
Same thing hapened in Kamduni, west Bengal also. But the system should be fast to give punishment.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I could only hope this incident should not have happened as while casting votes citizens should ensure to vote the government who will provide them security, I could only hope she should be watching from paradise, and her soul should get it relief from all these difficult times, when the treatment and the pain given to her as the judge read the statement it simply hate what a worse society we have been treating ladies like hell, one should remember great civilization comes to halt and destroyed if they failed to honor ladies, the Mughal empire as well as British empire destroyed due to this, it is high time all administrators should seriously protect ladies instead of shedding crocodile tears.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Today we will have the verdict finally and will know how serious the law makers and the government is ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Today we will have the verdict finally and will know how serious the law makers and the government is ...

Apparently, the government (police and prosecution) have done well. Now the judiciary role only remains. We cannot comment on judiciary. The court is expected to give sentence this afternoon with full reasons and comments on the arguments of prosecution and defence.

Here is link that gives comments on pros and cons of death penalty. Many feel that life imprisonment is most harsh.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Chunk-HT-UI-IndiaSectionPage-DelhiGangrape/Delhi-gang-rape-trial-puts-focus-on-India-s-death-penalty-paradox/Article1-1121483.aspx

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I don;t know how, but I doubt this verdict for the simple reason that the verdict is only from a district court. Whatever be the decision, the other party is going to challenge it in the higher court. Am I right?

I don;t know how, but I doubt this verdict for the simple reason that the verdict is only from a district court. Whatever be the decision, the other party is going to challenge it in the higher court. Am I right?

Death for all the four. Latest news.

I welcome the decision, but the lawyer of the accused spoke like a 2nd grade student after the verdict.

I welcome the decision, but the lawyer of the accused spoke like a 2nd grade student after the verdict.

Lawyers who lose their cases will utter the same anywhere in the world. Less we care about it, better it would be.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.