Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Leaving my work aside, I would like to first start this discussion to ask you a very important thing.
The lawyer of the four accused in the 16/12 gang rape case said that he does not welcome the decision of hanging his clients. This is alright. But what he said next was horrifying. He said that he would not appeal in the higher court if no such crime takes place in India or Delhi again. and that the Delhi court is under the government pressure Isn't that a stupid and irresponsible statement from a lawyer? Everyone know the four are accused of various crimes and on what basis was the lawyer going to defend and still advocate them? ALL STUPIDITY??

This is a standard format of any lawyer who loses his case.Its waste of time to give a hearing to such comments. Heartening thing is all the four got death.

And I don't think the higher courts will overrule the verdict of the district court. The capital punishment is going to stay.

Every death sentence needs confirmation by High Court. The Delhi police and the Forensic experts have done their job well and successfully prosecuted. It is amply proved that the four convicts had used extreme cruelty in gang rape and killing. Death sentence is appropriate in the circumstances and there is no reason why High Court would not confirm this. This is rarest of rarest case justifying death penalty. However, the convicts have the right to defend themselves through their advocates in High Court.
I also view that the convicts are too poor to get good lawyers. They may not be able to go to supreme Court level.

As regards judicial and criminal law, the chapter appears closed. But we need consider why the relatively poorer sections indulge in such blatant crimes. This is more for sociologists and psychologists to consider.

I too think that the chapter now looks closed, no matter however high profile lawyer fights the case. If this is the rareest of the rare case, then the high court or even the supreme court won't overrule the death penalty.

The reason for people's skepticism is, there were several incidents in the past in which criminals escaped the net.

One in this case too has successfully escaped it because of technical reasons ( juvenile) which really makes your blood boil...He should have been given at least a life sentence !

The defense also tried to establish that in the remaining four there are two young. And with all said and done, its not the end. A beginning only. Defense is going for an appeal to higher courts. The criminals should not have been given a chance to further appeal.

You cannot refuse opportunity for appeal. But it appears that the convicts are too poor to afford competent lawyers.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Leaving my work aside, I would like to first start this discussion to ask you a very important thing.
The lawyer of the four accused in the 16/12 gang rape case said that he does not welcome the decision of hanging his clients. This is alright. But what he said next was horrifying. He said that he would not appeal in the higher court if no such crime takes place in India or Delhi again. and that the Delhi court is under the government pressure Isn't that a stupid and irresponsible statement from a lawyer? Everyone know the four are accused of various crimes and on what basis was the lawyer going to defend and still advocate them? ALL STUPIDITY??

This is a standard format of any lawyer who loses his case.Its waste of time to give a hearing to such comments. Heartening thing is all the four got death.

And I don't think the higher courts will overrule the verdict of the district court. The capital punishment is going to stay.

Every death sentence needs confirmation by High Court. The Delhi police and the Forensic experts have done their job well and successfully prosecuted. It is amply proved that the four convicts had used extreme cruelty in gang rape and killing. Death sentence is appropriate in the circumstances and there is no reason why High Court would not confirm this. This is rarest of rarest case justifying death penalty. However, the convicts have the right to defend themselves through their advocates in High Court.
I also view that the convicts are too poor to get good lawyers. They may not be able to go to supreme Court level.

As regards judicial and criminal law, the chapter appears closed. But we need consider why the relatively poorer sections indulge in such blatant crimes. This is more for sociologists and psychologists to consider.

I too think that the chapter now looks closed, no matter however high profile lawyer fights the case. If this is the rareest of the rare case, then the high court or even the supreme court won't overrule the death penalty.

The reason for people's skepticism is, there were several incidents in the past in which criminals escaped the net.

One in this case too has successfully escaped it because of technical reasons ( juvenile) which really makes your blood boil...He should have been given at least a life sentence !

The defense also tried to establish that in the remaining four there are two young. And with all said and done, its not the end. A beginning only. Defense is going for an appeal to higher courts. The criminals should not have been given a chance to further appeal.

You cannot refuse opportunity for appeal. But it appears that the convicts are too poor to afford competent lawyers.

Yes we cannot refuse lawful procedure but it should be on a faster basis, they should not die a slow death while waiting for ultimate.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes we cannot refuse lawful procedure but it should be on a faster basis, they should not die a slow death while waiting for ultimate.

When the judge said it's a rare case and all the charges were proved and established that all the involved are guilty, the verdict also should be rare. The very incident itself is rare that prompted the government to enact a new law known as Nirbhaya.
Nothing is cast in a stone. A law hasn't fallen down from the blue. Anything can be changed in the law. The guilty in such cases should not be allowed to appeal further.
The lawyer of the four accused in the 16/12 gang rape case said that he does not welcome the decision of hanging his clients. This is alright. But what he said next was horrifying. He said that he would not appeal in the higher court if no such crime takes place in India or Delhi again. and that the Delhi court is under the government pressure Isn't that a stupid and irresponsible statement from a lawyer? Everyone know the four are accused of various crimes and on what basis was the lawyer going to defend and still advocate them? ALL STUPIDITY??[/quote]

This is a standard format of any lawyer who loses his case.Its waste of time to give a hearing to such comments. Heartening thing is all the four got death.[/quote]
And I don't think the higher courts will overrule the verdict of the district court. The capital punishment is going to stay.[/quote]

As regards judicial and criminal law, the chapter appears closed. But we need consider why the relatively poorer sections indulge in such blatant crimes. This is more for sociologists and psychologists to consider.[/quote]
I too think that the chapter now looks closed, no matter however high profile lawyer fights the case. If this is the rareest of the rare case, then the high court or even the supreme court won't overrule the death penalty.[/quote]

The reason for people's skepticism is, there were several incidents in the past in which criminals escaped the net.[/quote]

One in this case too has successfully escaped it because of technical reasons ( juvenile) which really makes your blood boil...He should have been given at least a life sentence ![/quote]

The defense also tried to establish that in the remaining four there are two young. And with all said and done, its not the end. A beginning only. Defense is going for an appeal to higher courts. The criminals should not have been given a chance to further appeal.[/quote]

You cannot refuse opportunity for appeal. But it appears that the convicts are too poor to afford competent lawyers.[/quote]

Yes we cannot refuse lawful procedure but it should be on a faster basis, they should not die a slow death while waiting for ultimate.[/quote]

When the judge said it's a rare case and all the charges were proved and established that all the involved are guilty, the verdict also should be rare. The very incident itself is rare that prompted the government to enact a new law known as Nirbhaya.
Nothing is cast in a stone. A law hasn't fallen down from the blue. Anything can be changed in the law. The guilty in such cases should not be allowed to appeal further.[/quote]

For me every case of crime as the rape is, a rare case that deserves death punishment . To make it rarer, go for hanging the criminal as soon as possible.

This is a standard format of any lawyer who loses his case.Its waste of time to give a hearing to such comments. Heartening thing is all the four got death.[/quote]
And I don't think the higher courts will overrule the verdict of the district court. The capital punishment is going to stay.[/quote]

As regards judicial and criminal law, the chapter appears closed. But we need consider why the relatively poorer sections indulge in such blatant crimes. This is more for sociologists and psychologists to consider.[/quote]
I too think that the chapter now looks closed, no matter however high profile lawyer fights the case. If this is the rareest of the rare case, then the high court or even the supreme court won't overrule the death penalty.[/quote]

The reason for people's skepticism is, there were several incidents in the past in which criminals escaped the net.[/quote]

One in this case too has successfully escaped it because of technical reasons ( juvenile) which really makes your blood boil...He should have been given at least a life sentence ![/quote]

The defense also tried to establish that in the remaining four there are two young. And with all said and done, its not the end. A beginning only. Defense is going for an appeal to higher courts. The criminals should not have been given a chance to further appeal.[/quote]

You cannot refuse opportunity for appeal. But it appears that the convicts are too poor to afford competent lawyers.[/quote]

Yes we cannot refuse lawful procedure but it should be on a faster basis, they should not die a slow death while waiting for ultimate.[/quote]

Nothing is cast in a stone. A law hasn't fallen down from the blue. Anything can be changed in the law. The guilty in such cases should not be allowed to appeal further.[/quote]

For me every case of crime as the rape is, a rare case that deserves death punishment . To make it rarer, go for hanging the criminal as soon as possible.[/quote]

Yes. For that the time wasting factors like further appealing should be removed. Its only through such drastic changes public will have faith in the courts and laws.
Apparently when the verdict was read out the defense lawyer was so angry that he screamed at the judge calling out Asatymeva Jayate...He also has gone on to tell that if his daughter had illicit sex he would kill her ! I can imagine what kind of a husband and father he would be, probably needs counselling as much as the killers do...he also needs to be restrained and taken to task for not respecting the law and the judge !

I don't know about rough attitude of defence lawyer. After all these it cleat that he has not any respect for judge, court and consitution of India, he is now not deserve to practice as lawyer.
As per Indian Judicial system, guilty is given a fair chance before the verdict, in this manner, he has to go through entire process of different layers of democracy before final verdict is out.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

For me every case of crime as the rape is, a rare case that deserves death punishment . To make it rarer, go for hanging the criminal as soon as possible.[/quote]

Yes. For that the time wasting factors like further appealing should be removed. Its only through such drastic changes public will have faith in the courts and laws.[/quote]
But our system gives a chance for everyone to defend himself. Even Kasab, who had loads and loads of evidences against him was given a chance for his defense. But that's the truth that the furhter appealing eats a big junk of time.
I don't see anything wrong with the lawyers. Its their duty to explore all the provisions available to their clients. When there is a provision for appealing why a lawyer should not avail it ?.Even if the lawyer doesn't avail. His clients will force him to avail .

A lawyer's job is to defend his client. But this should be professionally and in court only. Here I wish to recall how a death sentence convict was saved by Moti lal Nehru, an eminent advocate. The convict was taken to gallows and rope hung round his neck. Immediately Moti Lal Nehru appeared and asked to stop the process. He won and the convict was saved. How? Then the law was that the convict is to be hanged. He had been hanged. There was nothing about 'death' in court order.

As a result of this case, the law was changed and the penal code was amended so as to read- 'to be hanged till death'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is right, ours judicial procedure will give the convicts the time to think back and repent as it is also necessary as one should remember that we cannot create life, so we cannot destroy it, even in this mortal land, Lord Krishna have to die in order to leave this earth. They should feel the death in each moment till they alive and that would be a perfect satisfaction for her to whom they have treated like anything.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is right, ours judicial procedure will give the convicts the time to think back and repent as it is also necessary as one should remember that we cannot create life, so we cannot destroy it, even in this mortal land, Lord Krishna have to die in order to leave this earth. They should feel the death in each moment till they alive and that would be a perfect satisfaction for her to whom they have treated like anything.

Longer the wait, more the chances of acquittal

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.