Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Leaving my work aside, I would like to first start this discussion to ask you a very important thing.
The lawyer of the four accused in the 16/12 gang rape case said that he does not welcome the decision of hanging his clients. This is alright. But what he said next was horrifying. He said that he would not appeal in the higher court if no such crime takes place in India or Delhi again. and that the Delhi court is under the government pressure Isn't that a stupid and irresponsible statement from a lawyer? Everyone know the four are accused of various crimes and on what basis was the lawyer going to defend and still advocate them? ALL STUPIDITY??

This is a standard format of any lawyer who loses his case.Its waste of time to give a hearing to such comments. Heartening thing is all the four got death.

And I don't think the higher courts will overrule the verdict of the district court. The capital punishment is going to stay.

Every death sentence needs confirmation by High Court. The Delhi police and the Forensic experts have done their job well and successfully prosecuted. It is amply proved that the four convicts had used extreme cruelty in gang rape and killing. Death sentence is appropriate in the circumstances and there is no reason why High Court would not confirm this. This is rarest of rarest case justifying death penalty. However, the convicts have the right to defend themselves through their advocates in High Court.
I also view that the convicts are too poor to get good lawyers. They may not be able to go to supreme Court level.

As regards judicial and criminal law, the chapter appears closed. But we need consider why the relatively poorer sections indulge in such blatant crimes. This is more for sociologists and psychologists to consider.

I too think that the chapter now looks closed, no matter however high profile lawyer fights the case. If this is the rareest of the rare case, then the high court or even the supreme court won't overrule the death penalty.

The reason for people's skepticism is, there were several incidents in the past in which criminals escaped the net.

One in this case too has successfully escaped it because of technical reasons ( juvenile) which really makes your blood boil...He should have been given at least a life sentence !

The defense also tried to establish that in the remaining four there are two young. And with all said and done, its not the end. A beginning only. Defense is going for an appeal to higher courts. The criminals should not have been given a chance to further appeal.

You cannot refuse opportunity for appeal. But it appears that the convicts are too poor to afford competent lawyers.

Yes we cannot refuse lawful procedure but it should be on a faster basis, they should not die a slow death while waiting for ultimate.
It is right, ours judicial procedure will give the convicts the time to think back and repent as it is also necessary as one should remember that we cannot create life, so we cannot destroy it, even in this mortal land, Lord Krishna have to die in order to leave this earth. They should feel the death in each moment till they alive and that would be a perfect satisfaction for her to whom they have treated like anything.

Longer the wait, more the chances of acquittal
Justice delayed is justice denied.

http://mohanmekap.com/

As far as my understanding goes the right to sue - the cause of action is an important aspect in criminal offences. Here it lies with her daughters and none can usurp that for them. It is also important to stress that he was talking about a hypothetical situation.

True that he was talking about a hypothetical situation but still it was a very outrageous comment and really shows how much gender biased he is and that should disqualify him from his profession which requires an impartial and unbiased attitude!

Who knows, we might soon hav another news piece about him. That is somethign the Bar Council is looking up pretty seriously, I guess.

I hope those news are good because such outrageous comments coming from a person who has vowed to uphold the law will only embolden those who are criminally and mentally inclined to break those very laws. His comments may advocate criminal action against him, but he is definitely passing the wrong message to everyone.

From these responses, it is but obvious that there are many people around who share the same feelings. And yes, as a laywer, his statements were never welcome.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
As far as my understanding goes the right to sue - the cause of action is an important aspect in criminal offences. Here it lies with her daughters and none can usurp that for them. It is also important to stress that he was talking about a hypothetical situation.

True that he was talking about a hypothetical situation but still it was a very outrageous comment and really shows how much gender biased he is and that should disqualify him from his profession which requires an impartial and unbiased attitude!

Who knows, we might soon hav another news piece about him. That is somethign the Bar Council is looking up pretty seriously, I guess.

I hope those news are good because such outrageous comments coming from a person who has vowed to uphold the law will only embolden those who are criminally and mentally inclined to break those very laws. His comments may advocate criminal action against him, but he is definitely passing the wrong message to everyone.

Exactly my thoughts ! You have to be responsible when you make such statements esp when it involves a case that has been so gruesome and made everyone angry...The lawyer is insinuating that Nirbhaya was such a girl who went out with her boyfriend at night and may be had pre marital sex etc and that she deserved what she got...Thats what he is trying to say !

That is pretty much what he is insinuating! His statement is nothing but a typically male chauvinistic attitude that is trying depress women more and more! even though he is a lawyer of those rapists, he still has no rights to make such horrible comments about the victim!

His utterances disturbingly surely raises his mental status in regard to sanity but it would be futile to expect Bar Association to crack the whip as associations like these always side with their erring members. You talk of any association and throw a hard look at their activities, you will understand what I mean!! In Satyam Computers scandal the chartered accountants let every one down by their complicity and connivance. What about the Medical Association of India??
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
He has openly accused the judge of being partial and having compromised on his judgment which is a serious charge and not somethig that should not be taken lightly since it makes ordinary people lose faith in the judiciary system. Other than that talking about killing , even if it is his own daughter is not something that should be taken lightly...

In such a case, will the judge take any action on his own. That's a technical question and I am not sure how the judge will act. But I don't think the lawyer had any reason to be so hyper. After all, pronouncing the judgement was just a formality.

The judge could take action on the spot. But he chose to ignore. Now it is too late to take action for contempt of court. The advocate's behavior is being criticized. The Bar council is also thinking of cancelling his licence.

Why is it late? There are three months for any party to appeal in a high court. Does‘t the same apply in this case too? I will really like to see what action does the Bar Council take now.

I think contempt of court is an action taken by concerned judge immediately, since the judge let it go so no more action against lawyer but bar council can still take action against him.

Next day he said that if my daughter spend time with boy friends in night I will burn her. Who give him right to burn his daughters. He also added other parents also follow me.

In that case, that guy seriously needs some psychological treatment. He is openly saying all those things....It's the first time I am hearing a lawyer say that.

No psychological treatment, he should be send to Afganistan.
He has openly accused the judge of being partial and having compromised on his judgment which is a serious charge and not somethig that should not be taken lightly since it makes ordinary people lose faith in the judiciary system. Other than that talking about killing , even if it is his own daughter is not something that should be taken lightly...

In such a case, will the judge take any action on his own. That's a technical question and I am not sure how the judge will act. But I don't think the lawyer had any reason to be so hyper. After all, pronouncing the judgement was just a formality.

The judge could take action on the spot. But he chose to ignore. Now it is too late to take action for contempt of court. The advocate's behavior is being criticized. The Bar council is also thinking of cancelling his licence.

Why is it late? There are three months for any party to appeal in a high court. Does‘t the same apply in this case too? I will really like to see what action does the Bar Council take now.

I think contempt of court is an action taken by concerned judge immediately, since the judge let it go so no more action against lawyer but bar council can still take action against him.

Next day he said that if my daughter spend time with boy friends in night I will burn her. Who give him right to burn his daughters. He also added other parents also follow me.

In that case, that guy seriously needs some psychological treatment. He is openly saying all those things....It's the first time I am hearing a lawyer say that.

I am pretty much amused after reading your rocking response. What's there in Afghanistan? You mean you need to send him to Taliban?

I am pretty much amused after reading your rocking response. What's there in Afghanistan? You mean you need to send him to Taliban?

I think he is saying, he sounds like a talibani and should stay where he belongs .

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Exactly my thoughts ! You have to be responsible when you make such statements esp when it involves a case that has been so gruesome and made everyone angry...The lawyer is insinuating that Nirbhaya was such a girl who went out with her boyfriend at night and may be had pre marital sex etc and that she deserved what she got...Thats what he is trying to say !

That is pretty much what he is insinuating! His statement is nothing but a typically male chauvinistic attitude that is trying depress women more and more! even though he is a lawyer of those rapists, he still has no rights to make such horrible comments about the victim!
Here one age old saying is never believe lawyers , doctors and teachers. The statement of that lawyer is to grab the attention nothing more than that.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I think he is saying, he sounds like a talibani and should stay where he belongs .

The same thought had also come to my mind after reading that. Probably the way he behaves, that's why Anil might have thought so.

His utterances disturbingly surely raises his mental status in regard to sanity but it would be futile to expect Bar Association to crack the whip as associations like these always side with their erring members. You talk of any association and throw a hard look at their activities, you will understand what I mean!! In Satyam Computers scandal the chartered accountants let every one down by their complicity and connivance. What about the Medical Association of India??

True... Seeing that the current state of affairs in India is nothing but "Andher Nagari Chaupat Raja, Taka Ser Bhaji, Taka Ser Khaja" we cannot expect any pure and clean justice, such people with loudspeakers fitted in their throats and bullish attitude will keep doing that only and they will never be lined by their kin because of their earning capacities! :blink: Like you mentioned, same is the case with other prestigious institutes such as Medical Association!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Abhijit, I am sure you know that wayward police officers and government officers in Maharashtra are sent to Gadhchiroli district as a way of punishment as it is naxali infested area with plenty of danger. So we do not have to spend more money to send such people to Afghanistan, but can send them to Gaddchiroli! :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.