Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have a feeling that the lawyer was frustrated at the outcome not actually expecting a death sentence which is what made him come up with outrageous statements like that - but it also shows a mental attitude that is steeped in darkness and age old belief of male superiority ..

I agree. The lawyer is male chauvinist who believes that a woman is only to blame even when she is victim. The case is so simple. She has been gang raped and killed. The offenders must be given death sentence. Here the way the girl moves with boy friend has nothing to do with offence. At the most, the girl as well as her boy friend were negligent and could not safeguard themselves. Blaming them is like accusing one who has been robbed saying why he was moving with so much money.

If we go back 8-9 months, you will recall that even Asaram Bapu had blamed the girl for what had happened with her. He had said that she should have asked for help. I don't see any possibility of that to happen when she and her friend were overpowered by 5-7 men and the nothign could be seen inside the bus from outside.

He had said that it was the girl's fault she had not addressed them as her brothers and so they raped. I only wonder if the 16-year-old girl in his ashram would have been saved from his evil clutches if she had addressed him similarly! :blink: He really is an evil demon in the guise of a godman!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I have a feeling that the lawyer was frustrated at the outcome not actually expecting a death sentence which is what made him come up with outrageous statements like that - but it also shows a mental attitude that is steeped in darkness and age old belief of male superiority ..

I agree. The lawyer is male chauvinist who believes that a woman is only to blame even when she is victim. The case is so simple. She has been gang raped and killed. The offenders must be given death sentence. Here the way the girl moves with boy friend has nothing to do with offence. At the most, the girl as well as her boy friend were negligent and could not safeguard themselves. Blaming them is like accusing one who has been robbed saying why he was moving with so much money.

If we go back 8-9 months, you will recall that even Asaram Bapu had blamed the girl for what had happened with her. He had said that she should have asked for help. I don't see any possibility of that to happen when she and her friend were overpowered by 5-7 men and the nothign could be seen inside the bus from outside.

He had said that it was the girl's fault she had not addressed them as her brothers and so they raped. I only wonder if the 16-year-old girl in his ashram would have been saved from his evil clutches if she had addressed him similarly! :blink: He really is an evil demon in the guise of a godman!

Let him know that we are living in Kaliyug and merely by addressing someone by a brother's relation would not stop crimes, especially rapes.
Anways, I was watch the Pune Ganapati visarjan on TV live (and I tried to find you there in the procession but couldn't spot you). I thought you might have been present in either one of the mandals. But then I came to know that you are in front of your computer busy answering various threads.

Let him know that we are living in Kaliyug and merely by addressing someone by a brother's relation would not stop crimes, especially rapes.
Anways, I was watch the Pune Ganapati visarjan on TV live (and I tried to find you there in the procession but couldn't spot you). I thought you might have been present in either one of the mandals. But then I came to know that you are in front of your computer busy answering various threads.

I would have loved to be in that procession but am not single for such indulgence! :( Anyway, it is raining cats and dogs now so cannot go out, hence I am reduced to sitting here posting replies and watching the Visarjan on TV!

I would have loved to be in that procession but am not single for such indulgence! :( Anyway, it is raining cats and dogs now so cannot go out, hence I am reduced to sitting here posting replies and watching the Visarjan on TV!

The women I saw there were middle aged and looked certainly married. I won't ask your age, but this is a spiritual procession and worth taking a part in. So, I guess, that would have been fine even if you are married.

The women I saw there were middle aged and looked certainly married. I won't ask your age, but this is a spiritual procession and worth taking a part in. So, I guess, that would have been fine even if you are married.

Hey I am not middle aged! :angry: and its not the question of being married or whatever! But the fact is it is simply too crowded and I cannot leave my son home as my husband is really very busy with an assignment! So have to be home as the procession is not the place for kids! Anyway, we are straying from the topic so better be on track of it!

Hey I am not middle aged! :angry: and its not the question of being married or whatever! But the fact is it is simply too crowded and I cannot leave my son home as my husband is really very busy with an assignment! So have to be home as the procession is not the place for kids! Anyway, we are straying from the topic so better be on track of it!

:( Sorry. I said I can't ask you your age. Anyways, I will stop this discusison here as I too think we are deviating from the topic.

:( Sorry. I said I can't ask you your age. Anyways, I will stop this discusison here as I too think we are deviating from the topic.

A perfect case of 'age' at the center of an incipient rage!!!! :P :P :P :P :P
He has openly accused the judge of being partial and having compromised on his judgment which is a serious charge and not somethig that should not be taken lightly since it makes ordinary people lose faith in the judiciary system. Other than that talking about killing , even if it is his own daughter is not something that should be taken lightly...

In such a case, will the judge take any action on his own. That's a technical question and I am not sure how the judge will act. But I don't think the lawyer had any reason to be so hyper. After all, pronouncing the judgement was just a formality.

The judge could take action on the spot. But he chose to ignore. Now it is too late to take action for contempt of court. The advocate's behavior is being criticized. The Bar council is also thinking of cancelling his licence.

Why is it late? There are three months for any party to appeal in a high court. Does‘t the same apply in this case too? I will really like to see what action does the Bar Council take now.

I think contempt of court is an action taken by concerned judge immediately, since the judge let it go so no more action against lawyer but bar council can still take action against him.

Next day he said that if my daughter spend time with boy friends in night I will burn her. Who give him right to burn his daughters. He also added other parents also follow me.

In that case, that guy seriously needs some psychological treatment. He is openly saying all those things....It's the first time I am hearing a lawyer say that.

No psychological treatment, he should be send to Afganistan.

I am pretty much amused after reading your rocking response. What's there in Afghanistan? You mean you need to send him to Taliban?

Yes he deserve it, he is not fit for Indian society.
He has openly accused the judge of being partial and having compromised on his judgment which is a serious charge and not somethig that should not be taken lightly since it makes ordinary people lose faith in the judiciary system. Other than that talking about killing , even if it is his own daughter is not something that should be taken lightly...

In such a case, will the judge take any action on his own. That's a technical question and I am not sure how the judge will act. But I don't think the lawyer had any reason to be so hyper. After all, pronouncing the judgement was just a formality.

The judge could take action on the spot. But he chose to ignore. Now it is too late to take action for contempt of court. The advocate's behavior is being criticized. The Bar council is also thinking of cancelling his licence.

Why is it late? There are three months for any party to appeal in a high court. Does‘t the same apply in this case too? I will really like to see what action does the Bar Council take now.

I think contempt of court is an action taken by concerned judge immediately, since the judge let it go so no more action against lawyer but bar council can still take action against him.

Next day he said that if my daughter spend time with boy friends in night I will burn her. Who give him right to burn his daughters. He also added other parents also follow me.

In that case, that guy seriously needs some psychological treatment. He is openly saying all those things....It's the first time I am hearing a lawyer say that.

I am pretty much amused after reading your rocking response. What's there in Afghanistan? You mean you need to send him to Taliban?

We have had some discussion on this topic. Just browse through some of the above responses. All are pretty good to read. You will have your own thoughts after reading them, I am sure.

Yes you are right, in fact he is not fit for any society and if you think he should be send to Afghanistan to join Taliban, I refuse to accept them as part of the civilized society.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.